Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 08:09 PM        xiu xiu to release new cd
Xiu Xiu Deploy the Fag Patrol
SadPony283: OMG r they makeing fun of gay ppl? DonnieDiasco15: LOL I put up the cover of A Promise in my gym locker! LOL
Eric Marth reports:
Pacific Northwest indie shockers Xiu Xiu have announced plans to release a new mini-album this spring on a small Knoxville, Tennessee-based label called Free Porcupine Society Records, which has also released records by the Deerhoof side project 7 Year Rabbit Cycle and the Ben Chasny/Steve Fisk one-off Bagerlore.

Controversially titled Fag Patrol, the disc will be comprised of acoustic performances of six songs from the band's previous releases (Knife Play, Chapel of the Chimes EP and A Promise), along with two new songs and a cover of the Smiths' "Asleep" (someone call Stephen Chbosky!). The only catch-- we mean, besides having to bring a record called Fag Patrol home to mom and dad-- is that, as with all Free Porcupine Society releases, the disc will be limited to 1,000 copies. It does, however, boast "beautiful" handmade packaging.

Meanwhile, Collective Jyrk Records has recently released a limited edition vinyl version of Xiu Xiu's A Promise, which can be simply described as "a motherfucker." The special release features black and white, uncensored, album artwork. Yes, America, you can finally see the penis. The Collective Jyrk pressing is limited to 200 copies (one for every time you told yourself you wouldn't look but could eventually no longer hold out).