Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:50 AM        Jose Padilla got indicted
After thee years of being held without charges and without access to a Lawyer.

This happened becuase the Supreme Court was going to have to weigh in on his case, and no matter how conservative the court, it's highly unlikely they'd agree a president can keep an American citizen in a private lock up with no communications with anyone indeffinitely on secret evidence.

The Justice Department isn't charging im with aany of the 'dirty bomb' shit, and of course they can't since any information obtained from him in the last trhee years will be inadmissable in a court of law. It will be interesting to see if any of the other charges they have against him can be made to stick.

The most interesting thing to me in this is, the Justice Department won't have any way of preventing him from talking about what the conditions he's been held in were like. They can delay it with a gg order, but it will surely come out in a trial. My guess? They'll attempt a plea bargain with him that will inlcude his silence, which is what the ended up doing with John Walker Lindh. If that happens it will be very disturbing. Here's a guy so dangerous he had to kept away from every outside source even though they didn't have evidence against him that would stand up in court, but they may be willing to let this same dangerous guy off with a light sentence if he keeps his mouth shut.

This will be interesting.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 03:35 PM       
Intesting timing on this one......Just as the Republicans are busy slamming all of these "revisionists", the "dirty bomb guy" is indicted.....