Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 08:37 AM        White House's lack of situational awareness
In Bush's interview last night...

BUSH: Listen, here's the problem that happened in Katrina. There was no situational awareness, and that means that we weren't getting good, solid information from people who were on the ground, and we need to do a better job. One reason we weren't is because communications systems got wiped out, and in many cases we were relying upon the media, who happened to have better situational awareness than the government.

BUSH: When I saw TV reporters interviewing people who were screaming for help. It looked the scenes looked chaotic and desperate. And I realized that our government could have done a better job of comforting people.

BUSH (ON IRAQ): And as you know, we've reduced troop levels this year, and that's because our commanders on the ground have said that the security situation in Iraq is improving because the Iraqis are more capable of taking the fight.

BUSH: I thought, for example, the reaction to the 9/11 attack was a remarkable reaction, positively. When the terrorists attacked and destroy two buildings, there were rescue teams rushing in to save lives. There was a response by the city that was a coordinated response.

I'm not sure if it's total incompetence or that Bush doesn't care. It seems to me that he continues to lie about how rosy things are in Iraq while his secret money making plan is being kept under wraps.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 09:23 AM       
which money making plan? the one where he takes all the missing 9-11 aid and buys all the lottery tickets in the US?
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:14 AM       
No, you silly fuck, I wouldn't know afterall it is a secret...

But no matter how hard Bush tries to make the oil business a secret, you all know about it so I won't go there. Afghanistan opium corp doubled in the past severl years...so it could be drugs and arms trade. Just like Daddy Bush and Noreiga back in the Bush I era. You know the old sayin', like father, like son. And there is Carlyle. Nuclear pacts with India. Ports with UAE and uuhhh you know...these things...