Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:37 PM        Monitor Option Madness
From time to time, no, every 5 seconds, the options on my monitor come up and dance, as if someone was pushing the enter button on the face of my monitor. I could deal with it before, but now I have to turn it off completely with the power button, because now the buttons don't work.

First I thought it was some sort of spyware, but then I remembered; I'm a moron, what do I know?

I may have to find another dinky monitor. Unless it's something happening from my PC to my monitor, old' Flicker may have to be put down.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 12:06 PM       
The monitor is fucking up. Time to buy a new one.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 04:33 PM       
It's not the computer, it's not spyware or a virus, it is definetly the monitor.

It might be fixable, but I highly doubt it would be cost effective to have an electronics shop fix it.

If you trust me enough to send it to me, I could attempt to fix it and I would only ask that you pay for any replacement parts that I need to get and shipping. I'm experienced and very skilled at diagnosing and repairing problems with electronics.

My initial take on your monitor would be that there is probably something wrong with the circuit that debounces and pullsup/down the switches before they get input to the microprocesser. If that is the case, the fix may be as simple as replacing a few resistors and capacitors, which cost about $0.05 each. However, the bad news is that if it is a newer monitor, the debounce might be handled by a microchip. If that is the case, there is an extremely slim chance that I could reprogram the microchip or replace it with resistors and capacitors that achieve the same effect.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 12:57 PM       
So there's no way I could just bash my head into the screen and maybe it'd go away or something?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 09:35 PM       
anything's possible
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2006, 12:58 AM       
Well, you could always try hitting it... maybe it'll jostle a loose connection back into place.

It's worked for me before.