Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:18 PM        JACKSON BOOB OUTRAGES FCC
FCC chairman Michel Powell, who had no comment on CBS refuseing to air Moveon.org's political add during the superbowl (despite having no policy against issue ads prior to this superbowl) has gone on record as being 'outraged' by the alleged 'wardrobe malfunction' that led to a second long exposure of one of Janet Jackson's breasts.

CBS exposed one of it's boobs (CBS President Les Moonves ) when announcing it's decision to control political content on the public airwaves, And Powell didn't even notice.
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:25 PM        Re: JACKSON BOOB OUTRAGES FCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
FCC chairman Michel Powell, who had no comment on CBS refuseing to air Moveon.org's political add during the superbowl (despite having no policy against issue ads prior to this superbowl) has gone on record as being 'outraged' by the alleged 'wardrobe malfunction' that led to a second long exposure of one of Janet Jackson's breasts.

CBS exposed one of it's boobs (CBS President Les Moonves ) when announcing it's decision to control political content on the public airwaves, And Powell didn't even notice.
Out of curiousity, did anyone see any political ads at all during the broadcast?
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:34 PM       
I THINK BOOBS ARE HIGHLY OFFENSIVE, WE SHOULD ROUND THEM ALL UP ON AN ISLAND SOMEWHERE AND BOMB THAT FUCKING THING

Marilyn666 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:40 PM       
Wasn't the whole thing planned?
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 01:14 PM       
Quote:
Ya, just look at the way CBS sent their shocktroops to ABC and NBC to stop all their political ads. Look at how CBS doesn't have political content at all on their stations.

Look at all the the Vote for Bush ads during the SuperBowl.

Honestly, hasn't MoveOn and company been a little over dramatic over this? I wouldn't be surpirised if more people have seen the ad now than would have had it aired during the halftit....er time show.

Hell, me and my friends channel surfed through halftime.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 01:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
I THINK BOOBS ARE HIGHLY OFFENSIVE, WE SHOULD ROUND THEM ALL UP ON AN ISLAND SOMEWHERE AND BOMB THAT FUCKING THING
no Proto...all boobs should be boxed up and mailed to me.
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 03:39 PM       
The FCC is concidering an investigation into, dare we say it, Boobgate. I say, YES, fervently yes. I can think of know better expendeture of taxpayer money than a thorough, in depth investigation. The American people need to know, and no matter how much it costs and how long it takes, we shall know.

For too long has the FCC been tied up thinking of ways to loosen harsh control on megaglobal communications cartels, for too long has Michael Powell had to spend long hours thinking of ways to not answer questions. We, the American people have right to know who schemed to show the nation Ms. Jacksons Boob!
Mocker
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 03:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Electrolux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
no Proto...all boobs should be boxed up and mailed to me.
I'll FedEx you some tomorrow, Mr Dahmer.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 05:17 PM       
When a young white man rapes a black woman's right tit on national tv in TEXAS... then how can you say it's not political ? Where's Farrakahn when we need him?

Moveon.org got upstaged!

Was I the only one who saw a tassle on her breast the size of Lil Kim's entire head?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 05:18 PM       
It was a little star pendant thing. Somehow her nipple was big enough to hold the whole damn thing.
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 05:41 PM       
Shock! Outrage! Naked Boob! This story will eclipse ALL OTHER NEWS!!!

Feds to Investigate Janet Jackson's Flash
AP

The chief federal regulator of broadcasting said Monday he was outraged by the Super Bowl halftime show in which Justin Timberlake tore off part of Janet Jackson's costume, exposing her breast, and said he was ordering an immediate investigation.

Timberlake blamed a "wardrobe malfunction," (boldness added to text for importance) but Federal Communications Commission (news - web sites) chief Michael Powell (news) called it "a classless, crass and deplorable stunt."

MTV, which produced the show, and CBS, which broadcast it, both said they had no idea that their halftime show Sunday night would include such a display.

"CBS deeply regrets the incident," spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade said.

The two singers were performing a flirtatious duet to end the halftime show, with Timberlake singing, "Rock Your Body," and the lines he sang at the moment of truth were: "I'm gonna have you naked by the end of this song."

With that, Timberlake reached across Jackson's leather gladiator outfit and pulled off the covering to her right breast, which was partially obscured by a sun-shaped, metal nipple decoration.

The network quickly cut away from the shot, and did not mention the exposure on the air.

In a statement, Powell said, "I am outraged at what I saw during the halftime show of the Super Bowl. Like millions of Americans, my family and I gathered around the television for a celebration. Instead, that celebration was tainted by a classless, crass and deplorable stunt. Our nation's children, parents and citizens deserve better."

He told the commission to open an investigation, promising it would be "thorough and swift." Such an investigation could result in a fine of up to $27,500 or — if the FCC (news - web sites) applied the sanction to each CBS station — in the millions.

Messages left with Jackson's record company and her personal publicist were not returned Monday morning.

The FCC has come under fire from lawmakers and outside groups who say the agency hasn't done enough to shield the public from indecent programming on radio and TV.

Legislation has been introduced in Congress to increase by 10-fold the $27,500 maximum fine that the FCC can levy for indecency. The Bush administration has endorsed the bill raising the fine to $275,000. The agency itself has said it may start issuing the fine per incident rather than per program, and is talking about revoking licenses.

Last month, the FCC proposed a $755,000 fine against Clear Channel Communications for the "Bubba the Love Sponge" program that aired multiple times on four of its Florida radio stations. The fine was a record for a single complaint. The largest cumulative fine for indecency was $1.7 million paid by Infinity Broadcasting in 1995 for various violations by Howard Stern.

MTV, CBS' corporate cousin in Viacom, issued an apology, saying the incident was "unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional and was inconsistent with assurances we had about the content of the performance."

Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson's breast.

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable."

Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the show all week, "and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS' broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."

The show also featured P. Diddy, Nelly and Kid Rock.

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue called the conduct "offensive, embarrassing to us and our fans, and inappropriate."

"We will change our policies, our people and our processes before the next Super Bowl to ensure that this entertainment is far more effectively dealt with," he said.

Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said earlier that it was "unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

Over-the-air television channels cannot air "obscene" material at any time and cannot air "indecent" material between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. The FCC defines obscene material as describing sexual conduct "in a patently offensive way" and lacking "serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value." Indecent material is not as offensive but still contains references to sex or excretions.

In an interview posted on MTV.com in the days before the show, Jackson's choreographer, Gil Duldulao, talked about the show, saying: "She's more stylized, she's more feminine, she's more a woman as she dances this time around. There are some shocking moments in there too."
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 05:43 PM       
dang, that was on purpose!? at first this morning i had heard that it was an accident, that's definitly no accident after looking at the photos (that kid has part of her clothing in his hand).
heeh i was too curious.

http://www.dailyprank.com/janettits.html

pretty funny. i wish jackson/justin had some political statement to go with the boob
Mocker
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 06:00 PM       
Didn't they date for a short time? Maybe he just wanted to relive some happy mammaries......er memories.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 06:13 PM       
and that's the last time the CBS ever gets the super bowl
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 06:27 PM       
Okay, two things:

1) At first I thought this was another article about something Michael did and they were calling him a boob. That would have been funny.

2) Americans are fucking retarded prudes if they are offended by this. I don't even know where to begin bitching at people who think a bare tit is offensive in any way. It's bad enough that they strictly ban nudity of any sort on television (and profanity for that matter) but to make the crime of the century out of a few seconds of exposure, Super Bowl or not, is the most pathetic gesture I have ever heard of.

This is just one more reason for me not to be proud of where I live.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 06:36 PM       
I think its more because americans are racist and are made that justin ripped the clothes off a black chick. Civil rights movement my ass...
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 08:56 PM       
See as much as I was joking earlier, there is some subtext going on here. The age thing. The race thing. The desperate shock factor thing. It's pretty boring and inappropriatly stupid.... but the best part is them reciting MTV's Chose or Lose campaign slogans afterwords. Chose to show your tit with an ugly body adornment.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 03:53 AM       
I still don't 'get' why a male boobie is okay but a woman's isn't. :< I mean, shit, you see more 'offensive' stuff in any art show. There's a store at the mall that's africa-themed and there are tons of naked woman sculptures with long banana boobs and stuff.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:02 AM       
See?! There's so much worthy of lengthy, expensive investigation here! To hell with this whole 'how did we not know there were no WMD in Iraq', the american people deserve to know how the unthinkable 'wardrobe malfunction' occured! This conspiracy must be uncovered! The truth must be revealed, laid bare! If we cannot American eyes from unwanted exposure to Janet Jacksons boob, how can we protect our citizens from terrorist attack!?!
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:14 AM       
I think that Janet Jackson is trying to divert the attention away from her Pedophile brother.
Mocker
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:32 AM       
Stop crying, Max. This is only going to saturate the media for another 2 months, then we can be choked to death by all the "Friends" interviews.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 03:09 PM       
OH MY GOD! MTV IS INNOCENT! JANET JACKSON PUNKD THEM!! THE HUMANITY!! THE HUMANITY!!

On other fronts, I just really, really, really hope Rachel and Ross end up together and that somehow, someway, there can be a government investigation requiring time, money and intense media coverage of and about Rachel and Ross getting back together becuase don't the American people deserve to know if they do when that's what's meant to be?
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 03:44 PM       
I think Janet Jackson is a borg...only a borg would have that titty apparatus....

resistance is futile...
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 05:17 PM       
That last part is exactly what Mikey Jackson told his children.
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 07:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn666
Wasn't the whole thing planned?
- Damn right it was, and don't let anyone tell ya otherwise. I'm getting sick and tired of watching American getting caught with its pants down - it's time to rise up!