Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:58 PM       
damn i have this weird thing every time i lend a game to a friend i have the urge to replay the game i lent brutal legend to a friend and now i wanna play it more than ever

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 04:42 AM       
Concerning Nier, it´s still THE best RPG-Story this year and so much better than the abomination known as FF13...ahem.

Still waiting for Baroque, I don´t even know why I want it so bad, it´s not very good but I guess I just hate waiting for stuff...still have to play the second phase of Kuon. It´s a little irritating that the first phase took less than four hours but whatever, the game´s pacing is slow enough as it is.

Even more talking in Ar Tonelico 2 as my Reyvateils get to understand each other and in turn forge Combo-Songmagic. Guess they just have to talk for hours and hours about how they hate but secretly like each other...very cheesy stuff that should be done by talking over a beer in a bar for about an hour, not diving into a strange cyber-dreamworld for (game)weeks that connects their minds and forces them to re-live each others past.

But maybe that´s just japanese mentality for you, no easy way to communicate one´s emotions.

Oh that reminds me of one thing I always wanted to ask you guys. Correct me if I´m wrong but a standart greeting in the US is "how do you do", right? Do you expect an honest answer to that or is it just a greeting that you answer to in a specific way?

Cause I heard that the "common American" is suprised if someone answers in a negative way...don´t know if it´s true though, hence the question. I love these little differences about different people, makes life interesting
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 08:09 AM       
Mafia 2 feels very...been there, done that. It's good, but the whole racist "Italian gangster" motif has really worn thin and the voice acting doesn't really satisfy.

I don't know, I feel like I'm falling more and more out of playing video games. I use my Wii far more frequently than my 360 or PC, and I only really enjoy older games that I can't get enough of. (Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines anyone?)
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 08:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Oh that reminds me of one thing I always wanted to ask you guys. Correct me if Iīm wrong but a standart greeting in the US is "how do you do", right? Do you expect an honest answer to that or is it just a greeting that you answer to in a specific way?

Cause I heard that the "common American" is suprised if someone answers in a negative way...donīt know if itīs true though, hence the question. I love these little differences about different people, makes life interesting
It's a pretty common greeting along with "How is it going?" or "What's up?" or "How's it hanging?"

Most of the time the same greeting is returned without an answer to the question such as:

Me: What's up?
Ox: What's up?

or

Me: What's cracking?
Ox: Not a lot. What's cracking with you?
Me: Same old stuff.

The movie Gran Torino has a really great breakdown of how it goes.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 09:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
Mafia 2 feels very...been there, done that. It's good, but the whole racist "Italian gangster" motif has really worn thin and the voice acting doesn't really satisfy.
Yeah seriously. Why don't they ever make a game about the not-italian mafia?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 09:54 AM       
I want a game that centers around the IRA. I want to blow up some brits.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 09:58 AM       
Quote:

I don't know, I feel like I'm falling more and more out of playing video games. I use my Wii far more frequently than my 360 or PC, and I only really enjoy older games that I can't get enough of. (Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines anyone?)
Bloodlines was and is an amazing game. Few game experiences can compete with playing a Malkavian in that game

@10k Volt Ghost
What I meant is, is the typical american thrown off if he asks me how I do and I answer "horrible, this and that happened"...in the sense that the question is really just a formality...I donīt know how to describe it any better, sorry.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 10:02 AM       
A better thing would be to say "What's happening," if you're not yet comfortable enough to go too deep. It's pretty straightforward.
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 10:09 AM       
It really depends on who you are talking to. Its only a surprise if you dont really know the person. If I were to come home and ask my wife and she were to answer with something along the lines of "horrible..." aside from feeling bad for her its no surprise she would share that with me. Same could be said about any of your friends or family. Now if I were to cross paths with someone while walking the dog and asked them and they unloaded on me then I would surprised.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 10:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacks View Post
Yeah seriously. Why don't they ever make a game about the not-italian mafia?
Like the P-Mob.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 12:26 PM       
The Yiddish mafia.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 01:51 PM       
I finally 100%ed Super Metroid

Took me forever to find them all. I wasn't keeping track of the ones I already collected, so when I needed to find 15 more upgrades after beating Ridley it took way longer than it should have.

SKATASTIC
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 02:10 PM       
I've never gotten 100% on Super Metroid
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 02:53 PM       
I have never finished Super Metroid. Something always happens.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 03:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Like the P-Mob.
LIKE THE GOODIE MOB.
has a woody
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 03:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I've never gotten 100% on Super Metroid
Yea it's pretty hard cause some of the rooms are really well hidden. Also this was my first time finding the Spring Ball in that game. I didn't even know it was IN Super Metroid!

Some of them are just super sneaky too. Like the old Mother Brain room on Crateria from the beginning of the game. That one holds a missle upgrade, and another one in the long shaft connecting that room to the overworld that requires a shinespark and ice beam. Once I did the shinespark for that missle in Maridia, I figured the other upgrades would take way less skill and went for 100%

Quote:
I have never finished Super Metroid. Something always happens.
Do it. If I didn't 100% the game I probably could have beat it in three hours.

Watched some speedruns of the game last night. 32 minutes is the record. I felt like shit when I realized half the stuff can be obtained way earlier without most of the upgrades.

SKATASTIC
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 03:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
LIKE THE GOODIE MOB.
LIKE THE M.O.P.
ANTE UP KIDNAP THAT FOOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Yea it's pretty hard cause some of the rooms are really well hidden. Also this was my first time finding the Spring Ball in that game. I didn't even know it was IN Super Metroid!

Some of them are just super sneaky too. Like the old Mother Brain room on Crateria from the beginning of the game. That one holds a missle upgrade, and another one in the long shaft connecting that room to the overworld that requires a shinespark and ice beam. Once I did the shinespark for that missle in Maridia, I figured the other upgrades would take way less skill and went for 100%

Do it. If I didn't 100% the game I probably could have beat it in three hours.

Watched some speedruns of the game last night. 32 minutes is the record. I felt like shit when I realized half the stuff can be obtained way earlier without most of the upgrades.
I've gotten around 89%. I missed a lot of the missiles in ridley territory.
has a woody
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 03:51 PM       
FUCK NORFAIR

That an Maridia are the most annoying levels in any Metroid, ever.

With More Yes Than Ever
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 03:56 PM       
I've gotten 92 or 93% as my best in Super Metroid. I've beaten that game at least 40 times over the past 15 years lmao. I say FUCK MARIDIA!

I'd like to play a game about any ethnic group without it devolving into a smarmy mess of absurd stereotypes, but with games being developed mainly by American and Japanese males in their 30's/40's I think that might be a pipe dream. I mean, they still haven't even been able to portray women realistically yet. Either they are subservient, annoying psychos, or emotional wrecks. Not to mention that 3/4's of them have double d's and/or dress like street whores.
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 04:12 PM       
What part of that is off?
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 04:31 PM       
has a woody
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 05:30 PM       
Quote:
I've gotten 92 or 93% as my best in Super Metroid. I've beaten that game at least 40 times over the past 15 years lmao. I say FUCK MARIDIA!

I'd like to play a game about any ethnic group without it devolving into a smarmy mess of absurd stereotypes, but with games being developed mainly by American and Japanese males in their 30's/40's I think that might be a pipe dream. I mean, they still haven't even been able to portray women realistically yet. Either they are subservient, annoying psychos, or emotional wrecks. Not to mention that 3/4's of them have double d's and/or dress like street whores.
What's wrong with Samus?
Also Jade from Beyond Good and Evil.

With More Yes Than Ever
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 06:04 PM       
Samus isn't really much of an exception. If you don't remember, when you die, you see her in a bikini and that was also her special costume in the NES original lol. I'm pretty sure that no one actually played Beyond Good and Evil, so Jade doesn't count lmao.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 06:12 PM       
anyone has tried shank?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 06:21 PM       
I want to play Shank so much. It looks pretty sweet!

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD