Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 04:51 AM        Weekly Comic Review: The Walking Dead: Compendium One
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Comic Review: The Walking Dead: Compendium One.
hanging out
stonewar is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 10:37 AM       
IS the upcoming tv series based on this?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 10:48 AM       
I was just thinking that. What's the scoop Nick?
Punk Rock Hamster
bobbidyboo is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 11:37 AM       
Yes, this is the comic that the new AMC show is based on. It's a great read, hope they do it justice.
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 01:35 PM       
One can only hope the TV series doesn't suck. We live in an age of good comic adaption, but it seems not everyone got the memo.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 02:10 PM       
Stonewar, 10,000 Volt Ghost: Bobbidyboo is completely correct. The new AMC show is a direct adaptation of the comic series. I had completely forgotten about it, thanks for reminding me. It premieres this Halloween, we should all watch it as well! :D
You'll thank me later...
Wyldflame is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 12:37 AM       
From what I understand there will be very real changes to the plot of the series. We know the comic is good and the series could go the other way, straying from the established story. Personally I'd rather be glass half-full guy and assume we're going to see some more or less of some cast members.
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 12:52 AM       
Hmm AMC???? Wtf is up with channels that are inheriantly not supposed to have new programming, suddenly having new programming???

Also I need to complain a bit more because we don't get amc in hi-def, and amc generally doesn't show anything gory so the series will probably be heavily censored. Long story short, don't get your hopes up guys.
Forum Virgin
mdclone is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 01:09 AM       
Kirkman is on board with the what they're doing, and there is a lot of talent working on the show. AMC has been hitting them out of the ball park lately. If you haven't seen the comic-con trailer (must be living under a rock) check it out. It looks amazing!
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 11:52 PM       
Damn ya, Nick, I had JUST written a review of the first hardcover to put up and here you go and review the first compendium! Ah hell, I can't stay mad at you.

I gave the first book 4 pickles as well. Eh, Rog may decide to post it down the line since it's technically not the exact same thing. I am looking forward to diving into book 2.
pickled
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 12:49 AM       
Protoclown: My bad, homeboy. I had to search the site because I was just absolutely sure that you had reviewed it already, imagine my surprise when I found that you had not. By all means, make Rog use your review too.
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 02:42 AM       
mdclone:

We must be seeing different things, because what I saw was a lot of so-so acting and over-serious garbage with limted blood and poor special effects (what the show will be) mixed in with one or two visually spectacular shots ("the hook" or what they want you to THINK the show will be). I reserve judgement until it's out and ready for me to watch.
Smooth Operator
Terrible-D is probably a spambot
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 05:04 PM       
I have to disagree with HowardC (I'm a poet).I think the special effects look good for a television show. This show has me very excited, as I've been reading the series (in trade form) for a few years now. I can honestly say that I won't be upset if the shows plot strays a bit from the book. If they don't then there wouldn't be any surprises for fans of the books.
Forum Virgin
mdclone is probably a spambot
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 12:53 AM       
HowardC:

I reserve judgement too. All I said was the trailer looks amazing. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, so long as you realize mine is right. :P
neoboman is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 01:22 AM       
I can't see how this would make a good tv show for one reason: Kirkman's predilection for offing whomever he feels like whenever he feels like.
pickled
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 04:12 PM       
That would work pretty well for a TV show, actually. Actor want's more money? Zombies eat them. Actor wants to quit? Zombies hits them. It's basically win/win!