Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 07:44 PM        Document shows Israel had a hand in 1976 hijacking
Documents claim Israel aided Entebbe hijack
Mark Tran
Friday June 1, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

The Israeli secret service and radical Palestinians may have engineered the hijacking of an Air France plane that flew to Entebbe in Uganda, according to a claim in newly released government documents.

This extraordinary interpretation on the Entebbe raid was cited by a British diplomat, DH Colvin of the Paris embassy, in June 30 1976 as the world was transfixed by the hostage crisis in Entebbe, which features in the recent film The Last King of Scotland.

In a document released by the National Archives , Mr Colvin, citing an unnamed contact at the Euro-Arab parliamentary association, wrote: "According to his information, the hijack was the work of the PFLP [Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine], with help from the Israeli secret service, the Shin Beit."

Describing the collaboration as an unholy alliance, he went on: "The operation was designed to torpedo the PLO's [Palestine Liberation Organisation] standing in France and to prevent what they see as a growing rapprochement between the PLO and the Americans.

"Their nightmare is that after the November elections, one will witness the imposition in the Middle East of a Pax Americana, which will be the advantage of the PLO (who will gain international respectability and perhaps the right to establish a state on evacuated territories) and to the disadvantage of the Refusal Front (who will be squeezed right out in any overall peace settlement and will lose their raison d'etre) and Israel (who will be forced to evacuate occupied territory)."

Hijackers seized the plane shortly after it took off from Athens on June 27. The plane was diverted first to Benghazi, Libya, where it was refuelled before to going on to Entebbe.

In Entebbe, the hijackers released most of the hostages but kept 98 people, many of them Israeli citizens, and threatened to kill them unless Israel met their demands.

In the dramatic rescue, Israeli commandos flew 2,500 miles, receiving cooperation from neighbouring Kenya to mount their assault on the night of July 3.

They fought a 36-minute battle at the airport with the seven hijackers and about 80 Ugandan soldiers.

The six hijackers were killed, along with 45 Ugandan soldiers, three hostages and a sole member of the Israeli rescue party.

Colonel Jonathan Netanyahu, the elder brother of Benjamin Netanyahu, who subsequently became prime minister, was killed after being shot from the airport tower.

Although the Ugandan president, Idi Amin, frequently visited the hostages and tried to encourage them, it is generally believed, particularly by Israel - as the documents show - that he collaborated with the hijackers.

The hijackers' demands included a list of countries that should release Palestinians or others fighting for the Palestinian cause.

The document said France was being sent the message that a pro-Palestinian policy was "no guarantee" it would not be targeted by Palestinian terrorists.

Particularly if it ends in bloodshed, "the incident will have damaged the Palestinian cause with French public opinion", the document noted.

The diplomat drew several lessons from the incident, including the need for international collaboration to counter international terrorism and the blow that had been dealt to the theory that a western country could in any sense be a terrorist-free sanctuary.

As for the policy implications of the Entebbe saga, he concluded: "If the incident does lead to a reappraisal of French Middle East policy (which seems unlikely), it is likely to lend weight to the arguments of those who call for an early resumption of moves leading to an overall peace settlement, including the creation of a Palestinian state on territory to be evacuated by Israel.

"Unless this is done, the indiscipline of the Palestinians will become more marked and incidents of this kind will become more frequent."
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 05:15 AM       
citing an unnamed contact at the Euro-Arab parliamentary association

That seals it!

I'm pulling for this becoming another "Geggy has his doubts about the Holocaust" thread.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:14 AM       
Whatever kevin you dont KNOW that the holocaust happened were you ALIVE when it happened? No.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 03:23 PM       
JEWSJEWSJEWS
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
Whatever kevin you dont KNOW that the holocaust happened were you ALIVE when it happened? No.
No one was alive when ti happened because it didn't happen
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 03:38 PM       
Geggy, did you read the article?

Once again, its not claiming what your title says it does. It mentions in passing the connection to the Israeli secret service, but doesn't offer any proof of that.

It does more to implicate Idi Amin.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 06:16 PM       
Dale Gribble
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 08:41 PM       
I dunno if the thing they're describing is really a 'document', it's not like it was a Mossad memo or anything, it seems to be basically the speculations of some French embassy guy that the Israeli secret service helped plan this.
say what now?
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 07:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore View Post
I'm pulling for this becoming another "Geggy has his doubts about the Holocaust" thread.
I see the ADL are continuing to shine the 1 million watts flashlight into your eyes and tapping on your head as if you were a bobblehead with a mechanical voice that shouts "anti semite!" to prevent you from even considering the possibility of israel's involvement of the hijacking, which wouldn't be surprising since they have long history of black ops involvement such as the lavon affair and attack of the uss liberty, among others, in attempt to shift blame on their enemies.
Mocker
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 11:54 AM       
How could you possibly know all of these things, considering you never read any of the stuff you post here?

Could you answer Blanco's question?
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 03:35 PM       
I CAN'T READ YOUR CRAZY MOON LANGUAGE
Mocker
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 06:23 PM       
Geggy, how was the USS Liberty being accidentally shot a black op?

And do you have to take a hit from an 8ball to come up with some of this shit?
say what now?
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 07:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
Geggy, how was the USS Liberty being accidentally shot a black op?

And do you have to take a hit from an 8ball to come up with some of this shit?
You're kidding right? USS liberty waving an US flag in visible sight was being shot at for an hour and half then israel initially point blame on egypt before changing their story that it was accidental? Lol. In fact a war crime has already been filed back on 2005 and oh without any surprise it had garnered zero attention from US media. It was an black ops gone wrong. But then they've been successful in some, but how do we know which one that they were successful? Maybe USS cole bombing since the case has not yet been solved?

Quote:
Geggy, did you read the article?

Once again, its not claiming what your title says it does. It mentions in passing the connection to the Israeli secret service, but doesn't offer any proof of that.

It does more to implicate Idi Amin.
That post alone speaks high volume of cognitive dissonance, let alone you claiming that I didn't read the article.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 07:28 AM       
lol maybe this is a subtle hilarity on my part but:

http://ussliberty.org/report/exhibit%25204-26.pdf

notice how SECRET is crossed off at the bottom
that made me laugh for some reason.
Mocker
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 08:09 AM       
Kahl, that post alone speaks high volume of cognitive dissonance.
say what now?
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 09:18 AM       
I'm supposed to be laughing at you, not the other way around

I know you've failed to acknowledge the possible reasons and motives listed in the article for shin beit to collude with the palestinian terrorists that brings a different light to a compelling case and contradicts the original explanation of idi admin's involvement as it is widely believed in israel.

One thing I don't undrstand why the british corp. media is all over the story but not the US media. It would be nice to get some clarification as to why israel was mentioned in the document.
Mocker
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 02:36 PM       
The guardian is not the measuring stick of the mainstream British media. that would be the BBC, who has one lonely little article on it. All over it my ass.

Why should the US media care about an unsubstantiated accusation brought to light in the worst rag the UK has to offer?
Mocker
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 02:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
You're kidding right? USS liberty waving an US flag in visible sight was being shot at for an hour and half then israel initially point blame on egypt before changing their story that it was accidental?
The US Navy not telling Israel it was there after Israel told the US attache days earlier that all ships had to be identified or were considered security risks. The Israelis thought it was an Egyptian ship when they first strafed it, then feared it was Russian. When the Liberty fired back, thats when the torpedo boats let a round loose.

They never blamed Egypt for the shooting. They admitted to it right away and flew the Naval attache from Tel Aviv to the boat when they figured out what had happened.

Filed? Big deal. I can file a complaint.

Quote:
and oh without any surprise it had garnered zero attention from US media.
Because there is nothing to it. People sent a document to the Secretary of the Navy. Big deal.

Quote:
It was an black ops gone wrong.
And you have proof?

Quote:
But then they've been successful in some,
Like? By the way, if you are able to cite any, it means they weren't successful.

Quote:
but how do we know which one that they were successful?
Because the JOOOOOOS are evil, mean, deceitful people who love to kill Arabs and white people, right?

Quote:
Maybe USS cole bombing since the case has not yet been solved?
And maybe those were pictures from your collection on Gary Glitter's computer. See how that works?

Quote:
That post alone speaks high volume of cognitive dissonance, let alone you claiming that I didn't read the article.
So, I was right, you didn't read the article.
Mocker
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 03:49 PM       
Blanco, that post alone speaks high volume of cognitive dissonance.
MockMeAmadeus is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 08:42 AM       
One should not mess with Israel. They have God (and Shin Beit) on their side. Seriously though, an unnamed contact at the Euro-Arab parliamentary association (?). I have it on GOOD authority that Paris Hilton will stop all her shenanigans when she gets out of jail. S’true! My source is an unnamed contact at the Hilton hotel group. You better believe it boyo!
BANNED

Old Jun 13th, 2007, 05:23 PM       
I have a document, here, right here, from a certain unnamed source who works for some important place that knows a lot of stuff, that says geggy is a douchebag.
Can you guys imagine that? All this time I thought geggy was a human, and he's actually a feminine hygiene product. How did you learn to type without hands? Do you just like throw the liquid inside you around so you roll around like a waterballoon?
MockMeAmadeus is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 05:33 PM       
Wells, you only have to know the QWERT. Any feminine hygiene product can roll around THAT!