Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 03:26 AM        Weekly Game Review: Gyromite
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Game Review: Gyromite.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 05:16 AM       
Did they ever use that robot for anything else after that besides a dust collector?
That damn kid
Hangie is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 05:50 AM       
They used it as a brawl charectar.
Serial Loiterer
Tom Foolery is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 06:38 AM       
You know, I never knew this game came with R.O.B. I usually just played it using my feet to control the second controller. None the less I ended up beating the game, but nobody ever believed me.
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:51 AM       
I LOVED Gyromite! I demand a Wii version with a Wii R.O.B!
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 09:32 AM       
I have only seen this once. It was on my friends floor in pieces. He kept mumbling something about how it was sent back from the future and needed to be destoyed. My parents didn't let me play with him anymore shortly after that.
Julio is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 11:35 AM       
Hey, I have also used my feet to command a second controller, only that it was on Mega Man 3 (my favorite in the series, it simply has the best music) in order to keep the super jump trick while pushing the directional pad with my toe. Needless to say that the result was a toe with a directional pad arrow printed on it.
I am Johnny Luchador
BurnPianoBurn is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 12:49 PM       
R.O.B. ended up being a victim to the great Firework Disaster of 92'. HE melted very fast and I believe it was painless.
Can't touch this
El Sammo is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 01:12 PM       
I think you mean painFUL. I was gypped as a child. My parents bought this a Deluxe set for my brother and I. However, they bought it used, and it come with NO robot. Though I guess the selling party probably just threw the console and Super Mario Bros. in a Deluxe box and charged a bit more for an inferior package. I stopped blaming the 'rents decades ago.
is hopped up on goofballs
rizzo is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 03:27 PM       
My 7ish year old ass had to save up on my own for a Nintendo. You know how long it takes a 7 year old whose parents can't afford an allowance to save up $100? Yeah, by the time I'd gotten the green, R.O.B. was long out of production.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 05:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Did they ever use that robot for anything else after that besides a dust collector?
Yeah, they made one other game called "Stack-Em" that you had to use R.O.B. in order to play it.

Other than that, the R.O.B. character has made a few appearances, most notably in the Mario Kart DS game as a badass unlockable character which I proudly showed off here when I beat the game:

http://www.i-mockery.com/blabber/200...mario-kart-ds/
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 01:01 AM       
I liked to take things apart so my ROB soon became mounted to a radio-controlled car. He hasn't been seen since.

I LOVED gyromite though and it was also my introduction to the nes and held me over for the LOONG period between when the nes was released and when SMB actually was released in the US.

I disagree though... if you want people to hate gyromite then by all means give them rob to play with... otherwise, playing it with a friend or on an emulator with all four buttons mapped to a single gamepad is the way to go.
Copper is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 03:38 AM       
OMG Gyromite! You're right, this was the version of the Nintendo I got as a child. Of course, being an uncordinated 11 year old, I couldn't get R.O.B. to do what I wanted half the time, so I found the ambedexterity to operate both controlers at once (not using the feet, but both hands.) Of course, it was easier in Mode B, since you didn't have to worry about moving the professor, too, but I was still able to beat both. I can, however, recall how annoying it was when the damn professor got stuck and had to be "mercy-squished" or the board reset. My favorite tricks were bonking him on the head with the pillars (but not squishing him) and watching him bounce back up and trapping the Snicks rather than squishing them. That took some doing sometimes.

Quote:
I also feel I should mention that the theme song to Gyromite remains one of my all-time favorites to this day. There were times where I would just leave the game on, not even playing it, so I could listen to that fantastic in-game tune play on an endless loop.
As a side note, my father HATED the music to this game because I, being an 11 year old, played the thing ad-infinitum until I'd beaten it (and then some) and he, unfortunately, was often home on sick leave and had to lie in bed listening to the music ad-infinitum. It was this and Tetris, I think, that made him encourage me to move my room up into the attic so he didn't have to hear it at all hours.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 04:24 AM       
Gyromite is one of the few games I wish I had got to play when I was younger.
Forum Virgin
Mental Pooperscooper is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 06:08 PM       
strangely this article gave me the idea to talk nintendo into putting that damned dog into the next Smash Bros., one of his "smash" move could be him laughing and causing the other player to either be immobilized with rage or to shoot him if they have a lightgun, and his "super smash" could be causing everone near him to become so comepletely annoyed they pull out a lightgun and shoot themselves (or just call some ducks or something), in the least every old fan of that game would get some officially-licensed sweet revenge
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 11:14 PM       
I've already got some revenge for ya, Mental Pooperscooper. Made this one a looong time ago...

Kill The Dog From Duck Hunt:
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/duckhunt/
Who? Me?
0dd1 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 07:14 PM       
Sadly, I did not grow up in the NES generation (although I may have played my sister's NES as a child--my family never got a SNES, though, we skipped that and went straight to the N64 :-[). I wish I had, especially due to how much novelty (such a R.O.B.) and obsession there was with video games. I would love to have been an eighties kid, swept up in the revolution that is an obsession with an eight-bit console. Then again, I say the same thing about the sixties sometimes...

I love R.O.B. Never had one or seen one in person (or plastic), but ever since I'd heard about it I've always wanted one. Nevermind the fact that they're extremely rare, obselete, have only two games they can be used on, and sell for about $100+ these days, I still want one!!

And Mental Pooperscooper, I totally agree with you on that...except animal rights groups would probably lobby against it due to "animal cruelty" (they already managed to massacre the U.S. version of Ice Climbers due to it's apparent "promotion of seal clubbing"). One could make the arguement, however, that the dog is guilty of child abuse and causing emotional distress to thousands (maybe even millions) of Nintendo-obsessed, duck-shooting children ^_^
The Ugly Puckling
Graystreet is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 07:44 PM       
I used to have a recurring nightmare that my brother killed me and framed R.O.B...

Same brother that Dane Cook made marry a spanish midget, too.