Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 05:28 PM        Getting an ethernet controller driver for an unknown card
A friend accidentally uninstalled the drivers for his ethernet card, and now he can't get them back. He doesn't remember what kind of card he has in it, and he lost all the discs/documentation that came with it.

There's also a port in the motherboard itself, but I can't figure out what kind of motherboard/ethernet card he has in his PC. Anyone know how you find this out without an internet connection on said computer?

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 05:40 PM       
I think in windows you can have your computer search for new hardware and windows will install plug and play drivers for it.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 07:52 PM       
I tried that, but it couldn't find anything in its own list of generic drivers.

I did manage to get all the drivers after I found the motherboard ID under a layer of grime. The only name I could come up with for the ethernet card was way off from the real name, though. In any case, it's taken care of, but I do wonder if there was an easier way to figure out what ethernet card it was without any of the drivers/paperwork.

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 08:08 PM       
I have seen programs that will give you all the info about your hardware and software. I forget what it was called though.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 04:00 PM       
I was thinking of a program like this.

http://www.devicedriverfinder.com/bl...datetoolreview

I don't know though. It's probably junk. Usually if you look at the microchip, it has letters and numbers. I've internet searched those before to find out what my hardware was. But yeah, you would still need the internet to do that.