Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 04:50 AM        "The Occult", or "Nobody Knows"
Gotta love it. I've been into this stuff all of my short lifespan, it's a shame that the christian religions forbid even learning about this stuff, because there's some nifty knowledge and insights to be gained here. This thread's basically about anything they'd put on the x-files, or anything the church could excommunicate you for trying or believing in.

A few starting subjects:

Chi. Does it exist? Can man truly channel the hidden powers of the earth into himself to make himself stronger, or wiser? Personally i'd say it does, due to a wonderful example for my side: Tibetan monks. You know those fellows that live on mountaintops, and go out into the snow and sleep in only underwear for three days by raising their internal body temperatures? Not sure what exact school of... uh... monkery that is, but i think it does kind of make it hard to believe such a force may not exist.

Psychic powers. Telepathy, Telekinesis(sp?), Extra Sensory Perception. How does one prove the existance of such forces? Uri Gellar made America and Europe believe in Telekinesis back in the seventies, but ever since then, we haven't had anyone come along and duplicate those powers. Why? If one man could do it, so shouldn't others have this same power of mind? And, if it was some sort of genetic defect, where are all the other children that are born with these powers? I imagine that not every single one of them would be born in some poor, moneyless town in a small country in Europe. At least one of them has to have been born in the states, where he would have been exploited like crazy. Furthermore, what actually granted this man the power to twist metal and move objects simply with his mind? Was it some sot of phantom limb, maybe? Some sort of molecular control? What? And while i'm speaking about Uri, what did he do that meant he deserved to have two thriteen-inch knives inserted into his eyes?

Third, and my favorite topic, Crptozoology. Animals that cannot be proven to exist. Why is this one my favorite? Because the sky's the limit. If someone says they saw a six-eyed, three-legged fish with wings once off the coats of Mexico, it goes into the book. Favorites include the Chupacabra, The Mothman, and the Yeti. What i love so much about these creatures is that they all may very well exist. Perhaps the chupacabra is truly existant, perhaps some sort of tribe of very well-hidden pygmy peoples, who have nothing but livestock around them to feed on. Perhaps it's some sort of alien creature that was abandoned on earth. No one knows. The Mothman is so great because i find the idea of it to be so fucking terrifying. An eight-foot tall creature that talks in a deep, gravelly voice that knows everything about you, and watches your every move with deep red eyes seems so incredibly satanic to me. With so much "evidence" piled up, it's hard for me to believe that such a horrifying monster might exist. What you don't see is the worst part about him. I imagine a tall creature that lives almost always in shadows, whose face is never, ever seen, and who flies around at night and just generally fucks with people's heads. Ugh. Skurry.

The fourth topic is the one i expect would generate the most response, just because it's such a well-beaten path. What happens after death? Personally, i can't fathom nonexistance, and the concepts of heaven and hell seem kind of silly to me. So what else is left? Haunting, perhaps? Man, ghosts wig me out too. I don't believe in them, of course, but i imagine that meeting a ghastly spectre would result in nothing but mental trauma for the rest of my life. Anyway, what do you think of life after death? And heaven and hell? I like how this one's all Philosophical and shit. Also, pardon any spelling errors i may have missed, it's really early morning here.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 05:26 AM       
you mean Uri Geller is dead? or blinded or what?

Anyhoo, I believe in Chi to a certain extent. Monks are a good example, another one is Bruce Lee.

He had the One Inch Punch, a punch, where he would stop his fist exactly one inch from his opponent, and the opponent would still fly backwards across the room. This was tested, and it was true.

Furthermore, he could complete a full kick in one eightth (sp?) of a second, and that's fast, that means kick and back to normal in 1/8 seconds.

How? Who knows, mastery of his body? Mastery of Chi? I don't know, I think it's Chi or something.

Also, ghosts, can be true, I believe it is. My thouhgts are that Ghosts are the remains of severe emotions that were shown by the ghosts when they were humans. And emotional echo, if you will, that takes the shape of the person who portrayed these emotions, or they do what they are, emotions, so they cause things that act like those emotions. Poltergeists, for example.

Life after death, not sure about this one, ghosts, similar. The conscious mind is too complex to be just random connections, there has to be something inhabiting the human body that makes steers those connections. After we die, that mind, goes somewhere lese, be it heaven, hell, or another body, that's beyond me, but I believe that it goes somewhere.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 06:47 AM       
Yes, what exactly was that about Uri Gellar? I thought I'd seen him on TV not too long ago, among other things in reference to his friendship with Michael Jackson and a lawsuit regarding a spoon-carrying Pokemon named something-Gellar.

I there any good place to read up on Cryptozoology? I never knew there was a collective name for modern mythical creatures.

For a long time now, I've held the belief that death simply means poof, you're gone. I theorize that whatever bio-electric and chemical processes go about in the brain constantly leave an imprint of sorts, and when a person dies, that imprint rapidly fades - which would be why they can sometimes still be brought back during the first few minutes that follow. Because of that, I don't necessarily believe in ghosts. If I did, I would probably think (like Spectre X) that they're a kind of emotional echo, but I also think that there would have to be human or natural energies that allow such an echo to stay behind. But I would not believe that ghosts are actual persons, who can be talked or reasoned with. Nor do I think they could influence anything material, save maybe energies.

I once had a discussion with my brother in which we theorized about the human soul. He said that after death, there is an inexplicable weightloss to the body that some believe is the vacation of the soul. I added to that that the soul must be an incredibly raw, limited piece of personality, because a person is born without memories or anymore than instinctuous abilities. Perhaps it's enough to determine what kind of person one grows out to be, but I think it's influence would be minimal. Not that I believe in souls, but it was fun to theorize anyway.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 09:42 AM       
Neither of the three you posted classifies as occult. Try something more in the lines of doing a web search on Rosa Crux, V.I.T.R.I.O.L or say, the black star in the sky.

I have some years of hobbist experience on such stuff and I can tell you right off that I think 99% is totally bulshit.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 03:54 PM       
I know none of it's oocult-related, but i honestly have no other term for this stuff other than "Weird shit".

And yeah, Gellar is dead, the knives were shoved through his eye sockets, past his brain, into his bed, and poked out the bottom of his mattress.

What is it that you're saying is bullshit Helm? I'm not clear.

As for Crypto sites, Freakylinks used to be good, but that one's not around anymore. Guess the webmaster lost money after the show failed. For now, though, this one will do you just fine. Freakylinks used to have a Chupacabra cam, a Loch Ness cam, Boston Sea Monster Cam, AND a Kudzu Ape cam. I remember viewing them, and i remember that the idea was quite inane that the creatures would show up in front of a camera, (because these creatures are notorious for doing the opposite) but i still watched each one for like ten minutes. :o
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 03:59 PM       
Really? He's dead? I always thought he was still alive. When did he die?

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 04:08 PM       
He didn't.

http://www.uri-geller.com/
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 04:23 PM       
I KNEW IT!!!
Lord Felch Demon
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 06:52 PM       
My foot sure is in my mouth. I read in Mysteries of the Unknown that he was murdered, though. Was it just a dream he had or something?
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 09:55 AM       
it's a MYSTERY
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 08:46 PM       
in my opinion the soul is based on the idea that if something *exists* it cannot possible return to nothingness(that, and people being afraid to die). For something to be nothingness it would have to have never existed, so it kind of disembowels the entire notion of opposing dualities. I don't know if this means you can walk around in the after-life and have some beers with Jim Morrison, or if your "Energy" just goes "Somewhere", but it does seem to make some kind of sick sense.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 01:14 AM       
I'll be sure to die with a grudge to become a ghost, then.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 01:47 AM       
uri gellar is a fraud

-willie

KSI is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 01:57 AM       
whas chi how do you even say it? ne way i dont beleive in stuff like aliens and monsters and the mothman but i bet humans have psychic abilitys they can do but dont no.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 02:07 AM       
Like, "Ch ch ch chia
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 04:30 AM       
Why don't you believe in aliens? You don't have a valid reason to not believe in them, becuase, there are no proof of them, but abscense of proof is not proof of abscence.

Hell, not toolong ago, they discovered a new planet, presumably with water on it's surface.

Hell, there are approx. 400 billion stars in every galaxy, and ate least 400 billion galaxies, there's a bigger chance that there actually IS life on other planets than that there isn't.
BANNED

Old Jul 13th, 2003, 06:04 PM       
Don't forget to count the alternate dimensions and parallel universes

Im-perm-a-nance.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 08:22 AM       
yeah, that makes about an infinite number of stars, galaxies and alien races.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 12:38 PM        YAY
Infinite possibilities