Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 10:32 AM       
Heh, keep in mind the xmen cartoon started in like '92. The animation's not very good but it's not so bad that I can't stand it. The phoenix saga is shown too often on teletoon too but if I'm up at 4:30am (don't ask) I watch. I loved it when I was a kid and when I think about how fucking horrible xmen evolution is I like it even more.

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 10:41 AM       
I could be wrong. It HAS been a while. But I don't remember Coldstone being Goliath's biological brother.

As for X-men. I liked the show, but I didn't like how they seemingly jumped around from storyline to storyline, not even following the timeline of the comics.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 11:44 AM       
I have a full tape of episodes I recorded when they were on every week. I'd like to see a DVD set too. It's a cool show.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 12:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
As for X-men. I liked the show, but I didn't like how they seemingly jumped around from storyline to storyline, not even following the timeline of the comics.
Are you kidding? It would suck if they didn't do that. They didn't have stuff like jean grey being possesed by phoenix and in space one episode and then being back on earth as if nothing happened the next or anything...If a character was "leaving the xmen" for a while or something, they wouldn't be there in the following episodes. That show had a lot of "to be continued" episodes. They told a lot of stories from the comics

Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 01:15 PM       
I don't know. The whole thing just seemed a little cheesy. The show was good, but there was room for improvement.

Though, I always loved Wolverine's one-liners.

"You always did like pushing around people smaller than you. Well, I'm smaller... *snikt* Try pushing me!"
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 01:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
Heh, keep in mind the xmen cartoon started in like '92. The animation's not very good but it's not so bad that I can't stand it. The phoenix saga is shown too often on teletoon too but if I'm up at 4:30am (don't ask) I watch. I loved it when I was a kid and when I think about how fucking horrible xmen evolution is I like it even more.
I *like* X-Men evolution! I know it's taking liberties (to say the least!) with storylines, but it's pretty well done!

And if I'm up at 4:30 I watch it too I loved it when it came out, but it just looks so shitty now,even when you compare it to Spider-Man which came on Fox roughly the same time.
The Wolf
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 01:54 PM       
I can't stand xmen evolution anymore. I used to watch it regularly but now it's gotten too lame. I can take a few really lame things, but they've gone way too far.

Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 02:01 PM       
but spike's gone! That went a long wy for me!

Do you watch Justice League? Now that's a good show.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 02:35 PM       
I watch it when nothing else is on. I really don't like DC superheroes.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 02:47 PM       
I got so sick of that show so fast. it's not bad or anything, i just get a nasty taste in my mouth when i watch it. :/
The Wolf
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 02:53 PM       
1- Even without spike the show reeks of lame adults trying to appeal to young people. It's been ruined for me . I used to watch justice league if I was up when it came on on ytv, but they keep showing the same episodes.

2-DC heroes would kill marvel's any day of the week

3- Ninja: Which? Justice League?

Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 03:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
2-DC heroes would kill marvel's any day of the week

DC characters were never really seeded in reality like Marvel characters are. Besides, did you not notice how many incarnations a lot of the characters have gone through? Wonder Woman and her truth lasso were only so effective. But when comics took a more action-oriented and storyline-based turn, DC had to pretty much re-invent every character they had just so they would have a fighting chance in the new business. That alone makes me really don't like the DC characters, because they lack the things that Marvel characters tend to have.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 03:59 PM       
Marvel lacks Batman.

End of story.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 04:56 PM       
Batman's overrated.

As in the comics, not the shows or the movies.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 09:09 PM       
Yeah, i meant Justice League, Zomboid.
The Wolf
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 01:03 AM       
I'm with noob on this. As far as I'm concerned, Batman's the best "superhero" there is. He's more realistic than most heroes AND he could still kick their asses.

Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 01:07 AM       
Regardless, one quality superhero doesn't mean DC beats Marvel. I just think the Marvel characters are better seeded in reality, and don't have to be alterred the way that DC characters have been to fit the changing market.
The Wolf
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 01:27 AM       
Well, I still love marvel, but it's just that Batman's so much better than most marvel characters. Marvel's biggest names are spiderman, the hulk, and the xmen. Spiderman's very overrated, the hulk used to be one of my favorites but the upcoming movie will probably change that...and the xmen still kick ass. I'm with you on the changing dc's done though.

Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 01:46 AM       
Speaking of Spider-Man (who overrated as he might be, I'll still watch it and read it) wasn't there supposed to be a series on MTV about it? When the VHS/DVD of the movie came out, you heard all kind of shit about it, and I haven't heard a THING since (An article in TV Guide notwithstanding)

Anyone else know about this?

It'll FINALLY give me a reason to watch MTV again since Beavis and Butt-Head's last hurrah.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 02:07 AM       
The Amazing Spider-Man is still slowly coming along. But they'll probably do away with the idea and move onto something else.

You know how MTV is: Jump on the pop culture bandwagon for the 2-3 weeks that certain fad is on top. Spider-Man's died down some, especially now that the buzz for X2 is starting. So they'll just end up putting another reality TV show on instead featuring underage lesbians dealing with the black community they live in, trying to understand and love one another set to the tune of Linkin Park's latest single.

But look on the bright side. Even if it does (did) get made, it'd only last for about 3-5 weeks anyway.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 07:47 PM       
Still, that'll be 3 to 5 weeks I'll actually have tuned into MTV since 1995 roughly (I forget offhand when B&B went off the air)
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 07:52 PM       
I believe the core four are Iron Man, X-men, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four, but other big name marvels include Hulk, Ghost Rider, and Daredevil. Deathlok and Doc Strange never caught on.
Don't even ask about Iron Fist.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 08:48 PM       
Or Howard the Duck.

Memorable movie in the 80s, horrible movie in the new millenium. God, to be young again...
The Wolf
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 12:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
I believe the core four are Iron Man, X-men, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four, but other big name marvels include Hulk, Ghost Rider, and Daredevil. Deathlok and Doc Strange never caught on.
Don't even ask about Iron Fist.
There is no fucking way iron man is more popular than the hulk.

The Hulk= 2 cartoons made and a (pretty popular in it's day) live action show along with a movie in the works. Not to mention all the references made to him in tv and movies.

Iron Man= Talk of a movie a while back and featured in a few games...Then again, so was the hulk, and he was probably in more.

Fantastic Four aren't even that big. They're kinda well known but nowhere near the main marvel characters.

ShanghaiOrange is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 12:42 AM       
Every show mention in this thread should be released on DVD.

I never watched Gargoyles as much as I wanted to. I saw the first five episodes, then missed it. It had such a good continuity that I couldn't get back into much.
I'd buy it.