Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 04:21 AM        Weekly Movie Review: The Exorcism Of Emily Rose
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: The Exorcism Of Emily Rose.
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 01:24 PM       
Nicely written. It seems most people had the same impressions of this film. I rarely see consensus like this in genre films. That alone moves this up on the "movies I should watch already" list.
The Nun Eater is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 03:25 PM       
I never really cared for this movie too much but Jennifer Carpenter is hot as hell and I love her in Dexter.
Forum Virgin
baronterror is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 02:47 AM       
Wow Nun Eater, thank you for your comletely devoid of insight comment. Especially within the context of this movie, think of jennifer carpenter as hot is as jarring as the splicing of the horror with the courtroom drama.

as a matter of fact, after seeing this movie, I could (and still cannot) see her as anything other than just a step away from completely frightening. Her performance in this movie is amazing to the point that I doubt possesion will ever be better represented in movie form.

Mind you, this movie is quite flawed, but as reviewed it is great for it's effective scares. I'd add that though it is flawed, I respect it and I think I appreciate what was attempted, whether it worked or not.

Sadly after my last watching of the movie, I've now "realized" that she totally was just nuts, and that that stupid "holy man" was very definately accountable and should have been burned alive for allowing that to happen to that poor girl, thus the movie is ruined for me now as though I feel the scenes of her worsening possesion are still so scary, I cannot help but "remember" they are all "in her head" and become infuriated with that damn stupid priest.

But still, anyone who hasnt watched it, give it a go. There's far worse things you can do with 2 hours of your time in October.
Sympathizes with the foo'
Mister Tea is probably a spambot
Old Oct 15th, 2010, 03:02 PM       
2010? You're off by about 5 years there, bud.

It's another instance of the trailer being much better than the movie. There are worse ways to spend 2 hours, but there are also better ways, like watching The Exorcist again.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Oct 15th, 2010, 05:25 PM       
It was a good movie, don't get me wrong, but I have never found movies about exorcisms to be scary.