Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 03:18 PM        Bonnaroo Music Fest 2004
http://bonnaroo.com

Doesn't look like bad lineup this year. The Dead, Dylan, Willie Nelson, Primus, Wilco, David Byrne, Yo La Tengo, MMW, and some other good bands are going to be there (lots of shitty ones too). Last year I think about 80,000 people showed up, it was insane.

It just sucks that Daves gonna be there, and all the trendy college kids are going to follow him. But it could still be good. I've enjoyed the previous two festivals, lots of diverse music. it's 3 days too.

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 03:27 PM        re:
"$139.50"... no.
and that's without the taxes, service charges, shipping charges, and BEFORE they jump up in price like they've noted that they will... keep faggots out of music.
aka Don Henley
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 03:33 PM       
Thats actually mediocre compared to most main stream festivals. This isn't some obscure indie fest for no-name bands. Alot of the bands that are playing are big. And there is a high demand for the tickets. Coachella crap was charging that for 2 days.

Last year someone offered me 300$ for my ticket.

EDIT - Im actually surprised it wasn't more since Daves there. He usually charges more than half that to see him.

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 03:44 PM       
man you've been hitting the pipe too much at your hippy fests, the coachella line-up crushes the living bejesus out of that crap.

Edit: subjective
aka Don Henley
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 03:57 PM       
Yeah right. :/

Let's see how happy you are when you comeback from your Sony, Heineken, Virgin sponsored Shit fest. in sunny California.

Have fun seeing your favorite bands bust out some shitty promo sets, and getting your ass kicked by some drunk german goth kid whos pissed because Kraftwerk didn't live up to his expectations.

Subjective

Go to Bonnaroo, you will learn to love the hippies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron mitchell
service charges.
This isn't a Tickectbastard event.

Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:16 PM       
my opinion was based solely on the number of bands I would like to see in each fest. and how much I would like to see said bands.

Coachella: 26... probably somewhere around 20 that I would really like to see, and then 6 more that I would pay money to see if they came to my town... given that there wasn't anything better going on that night.

Bonnaroo: around 10... 7/3 see above.

I couldn't do either, in all honesty... festivals just aren't my thing. I get to tired, bored, drunk... a.d.d.'ed out. Four or Five bands are the most I can handle in any given night.
aka Don Henley
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:28 PM       
Bonnaroo has way more than ten. Check out the artist list on the link I posted.

Its nearly impoosible to get bored at Bonnaroo. In fact after you went you get all pissed off at the shit you missed, because the bands play until 4-6am. Last year the Flaming lips put on a insane 2am show. And besides the music, theres practically a circus going on, its almost overkill for a festival.

And a cure for the being tired is a mild dose of LSD.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:31 PM       
The Dead still play?
aka Don Henley
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:43 PM       
Yeah, they just got back together last year and have been touring with Bob Dylan.

There are four original members left: Bob Wier- Guitar/vocals, Phil Lesh - Bass, and their two percutionists Bill Kreutsman, and Mickey Hart. They also have Warren Haynes as there temporary lead guitarist. and some other dudes on keyboards.

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 05:14 PM        re:
you're right. i really shouldn't even be reading this thread. i don't really have any interest in that sort of thing, other than to tear into it and express my confusion as to why someone would pay that much for music i don't care for. i apologize...
but hey --- "Service charges are $12.00 PER TICKET. This includes a $2 charity donation. Shipping charges are $8.00 PER ORDER , for orders shipped to addresses in the United States."
aka Don Henley
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 05:26 PM       
I haven't bought my tickets yet(not sure if I am) so I didn't see that. But still, thats better than ticketbastard...
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 07:05 PM       
WHO THE HELL IS TOKYO SKA PARADISE

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 09:23 PM       
gah, if it was even remotely close by i'd consider it but no way am i paying 120 AND getting a plane ticket to tennesee

not even for primus

-willie
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 09:25 PM       
only good fest would be either hellfest or riotfest

hellfest.com

oh, and hellfest is 3 days too
aka Don Henley
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 02:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow
hellfest or riotfest

I wish I was still an angry teenager

huond is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 08:51 PM       
I went the first year of bonnaroo and vowed never to return. I couldn't handle the foul stench of Trey Anastasio's guitar playing or his wookie fans Bob Weir and Phil Lesh was also one of the worst things i ever heard. How fucking high do you have to be to not be able to hear that they cannot play a fucking instrument? It was mind-boggling. I almost vomited from the sound of The String Cheese Incident as I was rushing back to my car to get away from it.

I only went because I was only like 2 and half hours away and I really wanted to see Ween and Les Claypool. I thought briefly about going this year again, but that quickly passed. I'm still glad I went I guess, I got to see Ween, The Frog Brigade, Colonel Claypools Bucket of Bernie Brains, Drums & Tuba, Robert Randolph, and few others.

ps. I hate hippies
aka Don Henley
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 02:54 AM       
Your are a very sad and stupid person. I don't like phish, but you would have to be deaf to not recognize the fact that Trey is one of the best lead guitarists around today. The shit he did with Oysterhead was outfuckingstanding. His solo show was decent. Again I'm a Phish hater saying this.

Bobby and Phil were sick! Phil has one of the most distinct styles a bass playing ever, and the Help on the Way->Slipknot-> Franklins tower was classic! Not to mention that was their first time playing together since their feud after Jerry died.

Edit - I forgot how much a laughed after read how Bob and Phil couldn't play an instrument and then say that you enjoyed seeing Ween. Those guys are a "fun" band, but to much such a statement makes you look like some tonedeaf idiot who listens to music for political and intellectual reasons.

You were probably sitting in the crowd pouting about how some dreadie ripped your ass of on a bag of nugs. They spot your cynical complaining ass from miles away. Pretty much like wearing a sign that says "Im Gullible, rip me off." Anybody that has a true hatred towards hippies, has to either be a dumb Republican redneck, or someone that was never accepted socially and has ignorant selfish hatred for people who have.

Damn ney sayers, you wouldn't recognize talent if it ripped you a new asshole. I hate it when some dumass says "OMG you have be so high to actually like this music", since when does drug use destroy your perception of music? Your just so pissed of that so many people could actually enjoy music to that extent.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 04:28 AM       
Jesus Bobo, you're a goon. Virtually no-one here listens to the dead or associated solo noodlings. Dont cry about it.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 08:45 AM       
i wanna go, but i'll be too big and pregnant by then. i'm sure someone will bring me back a t-shirt.
Mocker
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 09:18 AM       
Didnt know you were up the duff Sadie, congrats!

Old Mar 19th, 2004, 09:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Adobo
Anybody that has a true hatred towards hippies, has to either be a dumb Republican redneck, or someone that was never accepted socially and has ignorant selfish hatred for people who have.
Funny, I always looked at hippies as people who were never socially accepted or people who are completely inept at anything social, so they have to look, smell and act a certain way in order to "fit in."

Edit: and yes, I hate them.
Mocker
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 09:50 AM       
And they are often people who only have the freedom to 'drop out' of society because Mummy and Daddy fund their indulgent lifestyle.

Old Mar 19th, 2004, 09:53 AM       
crash0814 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 10:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Adobo
Edit - I forgot how much a laughed after read how Bob and Phil couldn't play an instrument and then say that you enjoyed seeing Ween.
Dude...Ween can play.

huond is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 11:20 AM       
Ween is the best fucking band out there right now I don't know where you're getting this "political" or "intellectual" shit from. I've never heard Gene or Dean talk about the election, saddam or any of that shit. I listen to ween because they are one of, if not the, most diverse and talented bands ever. They sing about doing drugs, which I find retarded, but their music is fucking brilliant.

That shit about Trey being one of the best guitarists is such fucking bullshit. I honestly tried to like him and after listening to him multiple times, he just dicks around and is one of the worst singers ever. Phish's butchering of Ween's "Roses are Free" is one of the most horrific things I have ever heard. If given the chance, i would say this to his face. My former guitar teacher is a friend of his from high school and after seeing Trey at bonnaroo I had to tell him how much his friend sucked. I liked SOME of Oysterhead but mostly because of Les.

And if "one of the most distinct styles a bass playing ever" means playing random shit that doesn't flow with poor rhythm, then yes, he does have "one of the most distinct styles a bass playing ever"

Oh and btw, i didn't smoke/drink ANYTHING the entire weekend of bonnaroo, i was completely sober.

"Ween can rock, ween can roll" - Wesley Willis