Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 03:15 PM       
I read somewhere that Machete was getting his own movie or something of the sort. about 2 months back.

Roth originaly intended to make Thanksgiving, but due to his commitment to Hostel 2 and the upcoming Stephen King movie "cell" (super cellphone zombies) he said it wouldn't happen for at least the next decade. When he was approached to make a trailer he jumped at it stating "all I have to do is shoot the best parts and none of the boring stuff"
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 03:37 PM       
Does anyone remember the new Stephen King movie starring John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson, 1408?

The trailer before Grindhouse started scared the shit out of me. This is gonna be a good one.
Human Spider
rocketsauce is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 03:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowX View Post
It was awesome when 8 fat middle aged people waddled out of the theater when planet terror ended saying "what a waste of money, they said it was 3 hours" Then about 20 minutes later most come back in presumably after arguing with the staff about the running time of the film, one of them grumbling about "now we have to watch another one", and about an hour in one girl asks her chubby hubby "what does this one have to do with the first part?"
Funny, but I still can't understand how this is happening so much. Are people really going in not knowing the "gimmick"? Who walks into the theater and randomly picks a movie that they know nothing about... especially now.

Anyway, I rate the concept and the total experience higher than the two movies themselves. Case of the sum being greater than the parts I guess. The trailers were great and I liked the restricted placards/cartoons (or whatever you call them). Those little touches added a lot because the movies were decent but not mind blowing. DP was uneven, but I think the problem was that the bar and diner dialogue was not up to par with the diner dialogue from Reservoir Dogs. If it had been, I don't think people would have minded as much.

Funniest moment: DP's missing reel... the whole theater groans in unison.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 08:16 AM       
Newsflash - people are fucking stupid. People in groups, usually more so.
There is actually talk of splitting Grindhouse, adding the 'lost reels', and re-releasing the film as single features. The gimmick is being blamed for the poor box office. Personally, I think it has more to do with Easter weekend.

As for the films themselves, Planet Terror was perfect - a great film in the context and spirit of the project. The second half I honestly thought was the worst film I've ever watched. I came very close to walking out, and that's saying something - I'm a cheap bastard. Yeah, I get it - I get he was more or less making fun of himself and his habit heavy dialog but really, it was beyond masturbatory. I was beyond bored - he was entertaining himself and not his audience. It was akin to slamming on the breaks after a great one hour ride.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 02:36 PM       
Hi everybody!
Get Your Own Title >:(
arg_zombies is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 04:06 PM       
Hi there.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 05:31 PM       
The only things I got out of this movie is that either Quentin Tarentino lost his touch with dialog or I have outgrown it and that Robert Rodriguez should only make children's movies from now on.

I mean all his movie need was that song that goes "CLICK CLICK BOOM"

I like how a movie that supposedly takes place in the Grindhouse era has SUV's in their car chases.

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 10:32 AM       
Well that was certainly the most retarded fun I've had in a while. My friends and I completely took over the front rows, with only five other people in the theatre.

Tarantino was pretty damned dedicated to the revenge flick formula. Unfortunately, revenge flicks like "Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" were pretty damned dull. Awesome stuntwork, though.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 03:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by GADZOOKS View Post
The only things I got out of this movie is that either Quentin Tarentino lost his touch with dialog or I have outgrown it and that Robert Rodriguez should only make children's movies from now on.

I mean all his movie need was that song that goes "CLICK CLICK BOOM"

I like how a movie that supposedly takes place in the Grindhouse era has SUV's in their car chases.
The movies weren't supposed to represent the grindhouse era, the actual presentation of the film was not the content itself.
Human Spider
rocketsauce is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 11:17 AM       
Yup, the style was grind house. The setting was contemporary. (Remember in DP, they crashed through a Scary Movie 4/Wolf Creek double feature movie sign.)
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 07:41 AM       
Which is why I enjoyed the Rob Zombie's trailer so much.

They are all both homages and contemporary takes on a wicked awesome genre.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 08:43 AM       
My favorite was "Don't". The others were a lot funnier, but they weren't nearly as period.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 12:56 PM       
Really? I'd say thanksgiving for sure. Don't was really good too though and would probably be second.

That was very funny. Well done.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 03:53 PM       
Well, as far as humor goes, Thanksgiving all the way, but I got a real kick how "Don't" was exactly like all the schlock I saw as a kid. Especially the terrible, bloodless effects when the guy yanked out his eyes.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 05:29 PM       
That's what I'm saying too. I guess I just saw more slasher movies than kinda supernatural horror movies as a kid.

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 06:45 PM       
The Thanksgiving trailer reminds me soooo much of Prom Night, from the disembodied voice to the dismemberment.
Forum Virgin

Eazy is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 01:17 AM        Grindhouse
Are you effen CRAZY?? Who else can make 3 hour films and have to split them or double feature them?? Point is...3 hours of MINDLESS fun and cinematic bliss! Go see your Oscar nominated flicks, which can be very good, or be freakin entertained with crazy shit for a whole afternoon for the same price!! If you want to think, go to school or work. Just my opinion.
Manager
Bell E. Laffs is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 01:31 AM       
I think you are a mindless 13 year old who doesn't know what side the moss grows on trees, you twerp.
I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 02:16 AM       
twerp? uhhh interesting..

IM GOING SUNDAY SO SHHHH NOBODY TELLS ME!!
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 05:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by GADZOOKS View Post
Wah wah wah
hey, that's fantastic. go bawl somewhere else

the last half hour of death proof was the greatest thing ever
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 11:00 PM       
Death Proof was ruined with too much god damn talking. It's not even just the talking, but they were talking about nothing. And I wanted Death Proof to be better, desperately...

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:40 AM       
Pretty much followed the revenge formula.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 04:23 PM       
while i agree that there was way too much dialogue ( and not very much of it was interesting ) in death proof, i still think that the last half hour was amazing.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2007, 11:27 PM       
Just got back from seeing it for the first time and I loved it. The scene when the new Zealand girl was on the hood of the car was so intense!
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:48 AM       
This movie is so funny! I sorta wish it took place in the seventies though. Man, I love this.