FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

You asked, Chief.
BLEU is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2008, 12:30 PM       
How has no one said Thundercats?!
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM       
Because they are already making a live action Thundercats movie?
You asked, Chief.
Old Nov 14th, 2008, 04:51 PM       
DON'T TOY WITH MY EMOTIONS, NICK.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2008, 11:05 PM       
Comes out 2010.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Nov 15th, 2008, 01:26 PM       
Right. They've also got a Voltron movie planned (apparently the Transformers movie got interest in it up).

Quote:
Futurama, maybe?
I would love that.

Btw, I saw R&B and I didn't think it was too bad. Certainly not as bad as Garfield. To be fair, Garfield doesn't really have much movie material in it. It's basically Jon trying to get the vet to date him and Garfield alternately being rude or eating and sleeping.

I know it's very stupid, but I'd actually like a live-action Toxic Crusaders movie. The cartoon was so cheesy and bad it's hilarious. I believe it did have a movie planned, but it fell through.

And I would also like to see a Street Sharks movie.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
You asked, Chief.
Old Nov 15th, 2008, 02:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Comes out 2010.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Quote:
Studio has optioned a script by tyro scribe Paul Sopocy to turn the popular 1980s animated series and toy line into a CGI-animated feature.

WHAT PART OF "LIVE-ACTION" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, NICHOLAS?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 15th, 2008, 02:56 PM       
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/06/06/...dercats-movie/

Conflicting articles.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Nov 15th, 2008, 03:07 PM       

Last edited by liquidstatik : Jun 29th, 2023 at 06:41 AM.
You asked, Chief.
Old Nov 15th, 2008, 03:20 PM       
THIS IS THE COOLEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN.

...seriously though, as much as I want to believe that other article, my money's on it being CGI. That's just how kids movies work today. I don't even think a Thundercats movie would be good! I just want it for the nostalgia factor; my brother and me used to watch it every afternoon after school on Toonami. Shit was so awesome.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Nov 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
I know it's very stupid, but I'd actually like a live-action Toxic Crusaders movie. The cartoon was so cheesy and bad it's hilarious.
You do know that Toxic Crusaders was the cartoon version of the gorey B-movie series Toxic Avenger right?
Insane Writer
Old Nov 15th, 2008, 11:22 PM       
Quote:
You do know that Toxic Crusaders was the cartoon version of the gorey B-movie series Toxic Avenger right?
Yes, I know it. It's not very much like the source material though, so it's not like a live-action would be a remake.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Bahmo is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2008, 03:16 PM       
It's quite difficult to make a live action movie similar to the source material many times, but I do take a more liberal stance towards many of the resultant movies. Dudley Do-Right was poor, and I haven't seen Underdog, but Rocky and Bullwinkle was alright, if not very impressive. George of the Jungle was awesome, as I said in the other thread, although I'm not prepared to tolerate the sequel or Cartoon Network's reenvisioning of the old cartoon. With something like Josie and the Pussycats, it was quite unfaithful to the source material, but the source material was dumb, and the movie actually improved on it by making a brilliant satire of the record industry. Scooby Doo actually worked quite well, partially because it was so funny to see actors do such a good immitation of the cartoon, and partially because the humor of the cartoon was based on such things as Abbot and Costello, which was live-action to begin with.

I, for one, would pay to see Jabberjaw adapted. Or maybe not, but it would be amusing.
Insane Writer
Old Nov 16th, 2008, 03:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahmo View Post
It's quite difficult to make a live action movie similar to the source material many times, but I do take a more liberal stance towards many of the resultant movies. Dudley Do-Right was poor, and I haven't seen Underdog, but Rocky and Bullwinkle was alright, if not very impressive. George of the Jungle was awesome, as I said in the other thread, although I'm not prepared to tolerate the sequel or Cartoon Network's reenvisioning of the old cartoon. With something like Josie and the Pussycats, it was quite unfaithful to the source material, but the source material was dumb, and the movie actually improved on it by making a brilliant satire of the record industry. Scooby Doo actually worked quite well, partially because it was so funny to see actors do such a good immitation of the cartoon, and partially because the humor of the cartoon was based on such things as Abbot and Costello, which was live-action to begin with.

I, for one, would pay to see Jabberjaw adapted. Or maybe not, but it would be amusing.
I agree with you. Depending on what the source material is, you actually might not want a movie to be faithful to it. In the sense of Scooby Doo, the movie actually made fun of the cartoons to a certain extent (the voodoo guy commenting on how Daphne always wears the same kind of clothes, etc).

One cartoon made into live action that I liked very much was that Popeye movie that Robin Williams was in. It felt like a Popeye cartoon was actually thrown onto the screen.
Bahmo is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2008, 04:09 PM       
On that thought, I was always skeptical of the notion of a live-action Underdog, because they'd need to reinvent a few basic principles. The original cartoon, for example, had a lot of characters who were furries. Having a large cast of anrthopomorphic animals doesn't really work in live-action.

It's different when there's just one or two anthropomorphic animals, as was the case in Scooby Doo, and would be the case in Jabberjaw, because there, a human actor can stand in there, to be digitally-altered later, and interactions between him and the cast aren't really much different from how a human would do it.
Valkyr Addict
homor is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2008, 11:09 PM       
Captain Planet.

featuring a cameo apperance from Al Gore.
Insane Writer
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 12:32 AM       
I think they're getting a Captain Planet movie made. Hang on *checks*

Apparently in late 2007 Ted Turner was in talks for one.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Nov 24th, 2008, 07:43 PM       
And a flash gordon remake came out in 2006 too!
Insane Writer
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 03:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345 View Post
And a flash gordon remake came out in 2006 too!
That's a tv series, I believe. The movie remake's for 2010 (on IMDb).
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 03:40 AM       
sam and max, freelance police get henson's creature shop to do it NO CGI CHARACTERS PLEASE
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:53 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
sam and max, freelance police get henson's creature shop to do it NO CGI CHARACTERS PLEASE
Good call
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 01:34 AM       
yu yu hakasho with ron perlman from city of lost children as kuwabara
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 08:18 PM       
I wouldnt mind seeing a Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law Short done in live action.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 08:39 PM       
I think they may have done one. Oh wait, not a full 15 mins though.
Durrsomething is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 09:24 AM       
Freakazoid. With Will Ferel as Freakazoid, that fat kid from Superbad as Fanboy, and Alan Rickman as The Lobe and Weena Mercator as the hopping woman
Insane Writer
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 11:27 AM       
Oh, I would LOVE a live-action Freakazoid movie. That series was the best! And then they cancelled it.