Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 12:06 AM        Does anybody study Syrian Philosophy?
Or at least it's relation to modern theology and philosophy, along with past theology and philosophy.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 01:08 AM       
i have a travelogue type book about syria where the guy relates some of the sights to modern theology and a wee bit of philosophy. if you're interested i can get you the name and author. haven't read more then a few pages here and there to know if it's any good...but it seems pretty in depth.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 02:44 AM       
Okay. That sounds good.
Mocker

Old Nov 8th, 2003, 02:56 PM       
Oops on second look it might be more slanted to politics then your purposes. It's good for descriptions of modern Syria, and does try and tackle some of the issues between Christians and Muslism..there is a whole subplot around the paitrarch of antioch too... but I do think the guy is pretty enamored with the place, which effects his ability to make critical observations. It might help though.

The Road from Damascus : A Journey Through Syria
Cune Press ISBN: 1-885942-84-2
BANNED

Old Nov 9th, 2003, 05:56 PM       
Thanks ABC, I heard some really interesting shit about Syria so I've been trying to find something on it.
Mocker

Old Nov 9th, 2003, 06:06 PM       
Syria and Iraq are both filled with a lot of lost/hidden history culture... and Syria might be the prettiest part of the Middle East. Unfortunately, Syrians also tend to be the looniest of the bunch.
BANNED

Old Nov 10th, 2003, 05:57 PM       
this guy told me aliens c ame down and gave Syrian some stuff, like a map of the World(which they couldn't have had) and a philosophy on the creation of the world yada yada. The bible and stuff is a representation of it, as per the, "Whisper in this persons ear and pass it on" game. Through about 9 different cultures that conquered and translated the works each time. He did the explanation more "Knowledgefully", but I'm not interested in telling you that egypt played a part, or babylon.
Mocker

Old Nov 10th, 2003, 06:08 PM       
So all that sounded plausible enough that you were inspired to go out and study up on Syrian theology?
BANNED

Old Nov 12th, 2003, 05:16 AM       
Nothing sounds plausible to me, just interesting.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 07:55 AM       
Golden hamsters where first discovered in Syria in 1839.
So where can I learn more about this ancient map of the world? It sounds somewhat interesting.
BANNED

Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:57 PM       
Don't know, that's what I was trying to get referances for.... they had alot of shit they shouldn't know apparantly. Crazy information about how the World started, and the history of our planet. That it used to be covered in nothing but water(dunno how plausible that one is) and some shit about our solar system; Like we were the 8th planet or something, because they(the aliens) came in from the outside.