Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 09:15 PM       
so wait, this is set in "middle earth"? what the hell

Novelist1982 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 10:55 PM        Should the sequel to "Ariona" be interactive?
Well executioneer,

It sure the hell doesn't take place in present day (that would make for a sucky fantasy adventure considering the small mention of elves and dragons in the book).

It is a story set in a mystical world of the usual creatures spoken of in all the good fantasy stories, but the main point is that it is not present day. Yes, there are creatures, but their presence does not play much of a factor in this one.

The necromancer is the real threat. He has the power to reanimate corpses and taunt his victims with mind games. His plot is to raise an army of the dead to do his bidding. He has a great backstory, and it goes beyond the first "Ariona" book.

I have already invested a good deal of time on the sequel, which delves deep into the backstory of the necromancer and how he was the cause of the death of Ariona'a father.

As it stands, I put the sequel on hold. I am currently at a stale mate: should it be a choice-based interactive book or a regular novel? If it would be interactive, it would allow for fascinating alternatives to the basic premise. However, the story would be much more fleshed out and have excellent characterization if I wrote it as a typical fantasy novel.

I am awaiting to hear comments from readers as to which format it should be written.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 12:02 AM       
I'm all about making a sequal (sic) in which the reader can choose to have the necromancer kill Ariona before the original work takes place, so that the original has its existence negated and so reading the backstory vanishes as a logical inconsistency.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 12:14 AM       
I wasn't gonna say anything but since Willie brought it up what exactly is Middle-Earth? Is it something universal like elves and dwarves or is it just from Lord of the Rings?
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 01:07 AM       
HEY TRY MY BOOK, IT'S HELLA COOL, AND I WROTE IT MYSELF AND IT'S FUN AND AWESOME, BUY IT. MY MOM BOUGHT 3 COPIES ALREADY, SO IT'S A HOT SELLER
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 01:53 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas
I wasn't gonna say anything but since Willie brought it up what exactly is Middle-Earth? Is it something universal like elves and dwarves or is it just from Lord of the Rings?
well most of the time when people refer to middle earth they're talking about Tolkien's books i suppose that using "middle-earth" to refer to say Midgard from Norse mythology might be ok? idk
OH GOD
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 01:58 AM       
but since it's pretty obvious that this isn't the case here, i submit that author1973 or whatever should try making their own fantasy world rather than being derivative

i mean where's your next series going to be set, magnamund?

Old Apr 27th, 2006, 12:56 PM       
I only used the term Middle Earth twice in the whole book. On the description, and on the first page. It is to simply say in the least amount of words the setting of the book.

I did create my own world for a young adult fantasy, which is currently in review by a potential agent.

Haha Seth, always there with his two cents to put in. The sequel would not be a prequel. It would further explain things while introducing a new face of evil threatening the land.

And Misdemonar, Lurkers are just evil (unless you are a wanna be Lurker, in which case there is only one solution)

Bringing my mom into it is so high school
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 03:08 PM       
Oh great three of the worst emoticons all in one post

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 05:58 PM       
I like how he responds to each person individually. You can't get that kind of quality anymore

Old Apr 27th, 2006, 09:48 PM       
Hey Emu,

I appreciate the kind words. I truely enjoy the mixed conversations that have arisen from this thread, and I hope for many more.

And Esuohlim,

Those emoticons are awesome, and yes I used three of the more questionable ones, but I did reserve a few special ones if the occassion calls for it.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 09:53 PM       
But did you sign the emoticon waiver for potentially offensive emoticons? I-Mockery really can't afford to take risks, what with being a changed nation after 9/11 and all.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

Old Apr 27th, 2006, 10:19 PM       
Seth,

If playful little emoticons were an issue on this site, then this site would not allow them. Using an emoticon is a creative expression, an extension of the first amendment right, and can be summed up in two words:

Rock On.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 10:26 PM       

The Greatest Emoticon
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 10:36 PM       
Yeah I bet one of the options in Ariona is to go to funerals for soldiers and hold up signs that say "GOD HATES FAGS" because she hates America but loves the First Amendment.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 10:50 PM       
I loled my ass off on that.

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 01:04 PM       
Seth,

Ariona lives in a fantasy world where Kings rule the land. She is not anti-government or anti-gay. And there is no 'America' or soldiers as such.

Also, I don't care if you are intentially trying to be an ass, or if it is a byproduct of your crude humor, but it is not appreciated. When I referenced the first amendment, I refered to its use for that of supporting emoticons. You are bringing in political aspects of today's world, which does not mesh with the direct topic of this thread (recommended reading, specifically "Ariona").

I would appreciate it if you would respect my thread, and not bring your view of politics into the mix.

And Fathom Zero,

That's one cool emoticon.
Johnny Couth is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 03:12 PM       

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 05:25 PM       
That's a very overlooked emoticon. I am glad someone actually used it.

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 05:32 PM       
And this one, I'm not even going to ask the gender of these conspiring emoticons.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM       
this book blows.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 06:43 PM       
Hey I'm just trying to temper and quench your writing style. There was indeed a novelist who quoted his son as saying something along the lines of "We have to help each other get through this, whatever it is." As brothers in arms (those arms being Microsoft Word!) we have to spot each other's weaknesses and build upon them just as new muscle tissue grows from the tearing of the old.

That's why I care so much when your main character ignores the systematic repression of a monarchial government, prefering to take flights of fancy against some career necrophiliac. I mean, if he (or they) is/are (a) good king(s), then they'll understand perfectly that, to quote Martin Luther King Jr.'s Letter from Birmingham Jail, "Oppressed people cannot remain oppressed forever." If he (or they) is/are (a) bad king(s), then they certainly should demand more attention than anything else that goes on in that intellectual property of the Tolkien estates.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

Old May 1st, 2006, 01:10 PM       
I just signed a contract with a literary agent to represent my next novel, a young adult fantasy about an alternative realm. I only promoted "Ariona" while I was waiting to hear from the agency, so now I am going to end this thread.

It was fun while it lastest, but I need to focus on my third book, which is 3/4 done, and work with my agent on my second novel.

Later Seth, Fathom Zero, Emu, and Esuohlim.

I may start another thread at a later date, and check this site on occassion.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2006, 05:51 PM       
Good luck on your third book!
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 04:35 PM       
Hey Novelisp,

say my name next.