Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:42 PM        Iraqis celebrate shuttle tragedy.
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=2152926

Iraqis Call Shuttle Disaster God's Vengeance
Sat February 1, 2003 03:24 PM ET
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Immediate popular reaction in Baghdad on Saturday to the loss of the U.S. space shuttle Columbia and its seven-member crew -- including the first Israeli in space -- was that it was God's retribution.
"We are happy that it broke up," government employee Abdul Jabbar al-Quraishi said.

"God wants to show that his might is greater than the Americans. They have encroached on our country. God is avenging us," he said.

Iraqis are braced for a possible U.S.-led war to rid their country of any chemical, biological or nuclear weapons it may possess. Iraq denies it has such weapons.

Car mechanic Mohammed Jaber al-Tamini noted Israeli air force Colonel Ilan Ramon was among the dead when the shuttle broke up over the southwestern United States 16 minutes before its scheduled landing.

The 48-year-old Israeli astronaut was a fighter pilot in the Israeli air force. He was the youngest pilot in a team that bombed Iraq's nuclear reactor in 1981. Israel said the reactor was intended to develop nuclear weapons.

"Israel launched an aggression on us when it raided our nuclear reactor without any reason, now time has come and God has retaliated to their aggression," Tamini said.

There were no such signs of jubilation over the shuttle disaster in any of the Palestinian territories. The official response from the Palestinians was one of condolence.

"President (Yasser) Arafat and the Palestinian Authority offer their condolences to the six American families and the Israeli family who lost their loved ones in the catastrophe," Saeb Erekat, a senior Palestinian official and spokesman, told Reuters.

Erekat said Arafat had sent President Bush a message of condolences over the loss of the NASA space agency's shuttle. The United States, Israel's closest ally, is the chief Middle East peace broker.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 12:49 PM       
My friend's brother made a really crass, tasteless joke about it. Maybe we can go to war with him too.
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:11 PM       
***Yes! Because war with Iraq wasn't even considered til' yesterday***

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 02:40 PM       
You know Ronnie, if vice versa happened, a select group of Americans would be doing the same thing. What makes you so sure they haven't been brainwashed?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 03:30 PM       
I'm glad you chose to go back to the Raygun, Ronnie.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 04:09 PM       
I still say we go to war with my brother's friend. Reston, Virginia. Bring the troops! Come on, imagine his surprise when a bunch of tanks roll over his house!

FS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 04:11 PM       
The worst you could do is pay attention to a thing like this. It's pitiful, just like when people in the Middle East were cheering over the fall of the twin towers.
Mocker
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 04:36 PM       
Jerry Falwell blamed 9/11 on the homosexuals, as well as our American "tolerance." Somehow I doubt that bothers Ronnie. :/

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 08:25 PM        hmm
Seems to me that citing the opinions of an Iraqi car mechanic would be not unlike quoting a crackhead in Detriot......

"Yea dawg, I was like, fuck them Iraqi's yo. We just tryin to get paid g."

I'm thinking also that gauging Iraqi public opinion is probably less than insightful considering they don't exactly have free press.
i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 01:20 AM       
i celebrated too. get me a towel fella's, i am changing sides.
doctorboogie fanclub member #1
@jorgedomingo on twitter.
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 11:09 AM       
"Jerry Falwell blamed 9/11 on the homosexuals, as well as our American "tolerance." Somehow I doubt that bothers Ronnie." - Kevin

You could at least be honest about the context in which he spoke.

I understand exactly what he was talking about and agree with the premise of what he was saying.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 04:17 PM       
AHA! I knew they shoulda never let the homosexuals work at Nasa. They're too distracting. Ronnie, tell us how distracting the homosexuals are!! Bet you can't stop thinking about 'em. I hope you work those issues out before you try building space ships.
Mocker
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 06:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
You could at least be honest about the context in which he spoke.

I understand exactly what he was talking about and agree with the premise of what he was saying.
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...ertson-wtc.htm

Then Falwell said, "What we saw on Tuesday, as terrible as it is, could be miniscule if, in fact, God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve."
Robertson replied, "Well, Jerry, that's my feeling. I think we've just seen the antechamber to terror, we haven't begun to see what they can do to the major population."
Falwell said, "The ACLU has got to take a lot of blame for this. And I know I'll hear from them for this, but throwing God...successfully with the help of the federal court system...throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools, the abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked and when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad...I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who try to secularize America...I point the thing in their face and say you helped this happen."
Robertson said, "I totally concur, and the problem is we've adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government, and so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do, and the top people, of course, is the court system."
Falwell added, "Pat, did you notice yesterday that the ACLU and all the Christ-haters, the People for the American Way, NOW, etc., were totally disregarded by the Democrats and the Republicans in both houses of Congress, as they went out on the steps and and called out to God in prayer and sang 'God bless America' and said, let the ACLU be hanged. In other words, when the nation is on its knees, the only normal and natural and spiritual thing to do is what we ought to be doing all the time, calling on God."

So Ronnie, please, explain to us the "context" of these comments, would ya? Should the FBI be investigating the ACLU for the 9/11 attacks...?
Mocker
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 12:15 PM       
bump.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 12:43 PM       
You may as well give it up, Kevin. Ronnie won't respond, when he knows he's beaten he just runs away and hides for a while.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 12:57 PM       
Geeez. It's not that hard to comprehend.

SIN is what Falwell was talking about. When this nation embraces sin, we will no longer be under GOD's blanket of protection.

I think it totally makes sense from a Christian's point of view.
Mocker
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:00 PM       
Quote:
SIN is what Falwell was talking about. When this nation embraces sin, we will no longer be under GOD's blanket of protection.

So you don't believe in freedom and the choices given to you by God, you instead support the idea of a theocratic regime, such as the Taliban, correct?
The Goddamned Batman
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:02 PM       
Quote:
As a Christian, I do not even REMOTELY share that view.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 12:40 AM       
falwell and robertson.. one day i hope to be sinless, so i can cast stones like that, too.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 12:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
As a Christian, I do not even REMOTELY share that view.
WHAT KIND OF CHRISTIAN ARE YOU?!
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 03:55 AM       
You silly Canadians and you're crazy ideas about religion and tolerance. Jeez.
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 11:18 AM       
First of all I have to say that I don't know and have never met Protoclown in person but from what I can tell from what he says here about Christ and his personal experiences with GOD, he is NOT a Christian.

"So you don't believe in freedom and the choices given to you by God, you instead support the idea of a theocratic regime, such as the Taliban, correct?" - Kevin

The taliban did not support the will of GOD.

...and Falwell never claimed to be sinless.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 11:35 AM       
Quote:
The taliban did not support the will of GOD.
Does the Dalai Lama support the will of GOD?

I'm not defending the Taliban here, but aren't most Taliban Muslim? If that's the case, isn't the Christian God irrelevant to them?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 12:15 PM       
Naldo, why must I constantly point out to you your sin of pride. It's is not up to you in any way shape or form to interpret Proto's or anyone's Christianity. "Judgement is mine" sayeth the LORD. Not you, not ever and your opinion on matters like this is just as useless as anyone's except the LORD. When you say things like that, you sin, and you do it over and over, indicating you have no desire to change. See, I'm very happy judgeing you, because I am totally NOT a Christian. You, on the other hand, should lay off judging anyone becuase your belief system tells you NOT TO.

And, correct me if I'm wrong here, but based on your interpretation of the man who called People for the American Way and Now "Christ Haters", which is a HUGE leap of judgemennt even for a confirmed PRICK like Fallwell, can I assume that while the shuttle disaster was not God's Vengance, like the Twin Towers it was his failure to protect because we embrace sin?

And Mod, according to Naldo's brand of Christianity, unless the Dalai Lamma embraces Jesus s his personal Savior, he will, quiote literally, burn but not be consumed in a lake of fire for all eternity. Why? Becuase God is love, and if you don't buy that, then you should suffer for aall time.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 01:07 PM       
Quote:
First of all I have to say that I don't know and have never met Protoclown in person but from what I can tell from what he says here about Christ and his personal experiences with GOD, he is NOT a Christian.
Ronnie, I think that's about the BEST COMPLIMENT I could ever receive from you. Thanks!