Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 03:13 PM       
i have a steam question every time i have steam running and plug headphones the sound won't come out and the pc recognizes them as another device any help?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 08:19 PM       
I think there are larger issues at play besides Steam. Maybe your sound drivers?
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 09:00 PM       
nothing wrong with them cause when i plug my headphones on with steam not working sound works perfectly

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 09:26 PM       
Yeah, it can still be a problem with your sound drivers. But reinstall Steam just in case, I'll say.
taco loving zombie
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 12:33 PM       
look at my ram mount thingy and my pet little shippy :D

Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 09:17 PM       
SUCH CUTE THINGYS!

Do you have regular headphones?
taco loving zombie
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 10:52 PM       
yes they are just regular ass headphones finally bought a steam game so i can add friends now so tell me who you are to add you please :D

Last edited by darkvare : Jul 31st, 2011 at 04:07 PM.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 09:12 AM       
I picked up a couple of games that I'm probably going to stream sooner or later. X-Men: Legends, X-Men: Legends II, Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior, GunGrave, GunGrave: Overdose, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 11:26 AM       
I pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic. Looks like I may be busy for a few months after November. Usually when I get into an MMORPG I get addicted for a while, get to max level, get bored and then stop.
pickled
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 11:48 AM       
Why would you do this?
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 12:00 PM       
Something to pass the time until I die?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 12:23 PM       
have you looked at classes?
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 12:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
have you looked at classes?
Yep, I'm probably going to be a trooper since it's closest to what I was in Starwars Galaxies before sony f-ed it in the A. I was Danny Glover the wookie, mayor of Smiley Town and master rifleman/creature handler. I know SW:TOR won't have that huge of a flexibility when it comes to classes or even housing, but I'm hoping it's at least super fun. SWG pre nge was really one of the only MMORPGS that I played after I hit max level.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 06:27 PM       
A friend of mine has been playing the leaked DE:HR preview build, and I've been looking over his shoulder.

It's pretty fantastic, I've gotta admit. I was worried it might be dumbed down for consoles like Invisible War, but thankfully that is not the case. Some elements have been left out, but the game feels smoother for it.

Stealth, for instance, is way better, if for no other reason than because they introduced stealth kills in a way beyond sneaking up and goosing the enemy with a cattle prod. Instead, when you get close to someone, you hit a button, and you and your prey are transported to a pocket dimension where you can subdue him without him making a sound, no matter how much time he would have to cry out while you punch/stab/arm bar him, all while time is frozen in the outside world. They give you the option to do either lethal or non-lethal takedowns, a la Splinter Cell, with lethal ones being permanent while nonlethal ones net you more xp. Also included is a little radar that can be upgraded, but is pretty good on its own, showing positions of enemies you can either see or hear and displaying the alert status of nearby enemies.

They also replaced hacking with an actual minigame where you have to take over nodes on a grid not unlike the one from Shadowrun (the Genesis game, not the modern one). You work your way along the paths between nodes, capturing nodes as you go. Each time you capture one, there’s a chance you’ll active a trace, at which point you’ll only have a few seconds to make it to the final node before you’re kicked out and an alarm/countermeasure is triggered (if there’s one around). While you’re looking around each grid, you’ll have the opportunity to capture data stores for more money, more xp, and special viruses for covert hacking or freezing the trace process for a few seconds. It took a little getting used to, but it’s fun and rewarding once you get the hang of it.

Combat is mostly the same, although they’ve added an entirely optional cover system, along with an abundance of chest high walls to crouch behind. Accuracy is determined solely based on the weapon, with the odd upgrade part to improve accuracy showing up from time to time. There are some augmentations you can get to improve your accuracy by moving, but I can’t see why you would spend the upgrade points on that when enemies are typically accurate enough to nail your ass if you spend time away from cover.

That’s really one of the few criticisms I have of it: your skill/augmentation tree still a handful of semi-useless skills. One of the branches labeled “stealth augmentation” just unlocks HUD elements that show you cones of vision and noise levels, but these seemed easy enough to circumvent by crouch-walking everywhere and using the cover system to peek around corners. Granted, it’s not required that you purchase those or augmentations of similar value like the ones that let you sprint for a little longer, but it seemed like by the end of the preview, nearly every augmentation you’d want for the rest of the game had been purchased. The preview build was pretty long, but still...

The other thing that kind of bugged me was the power meter. Instead of a long bar, you’ve got a series of batteries that drain based on the power you’re using. Partially filled ones will regenerate automatically, and if you use them all, a single one will always refill itself. To refill empty batteries, you have to special candy bars and jars of Robocop-esque baby food. For the most part, it’s not a big deal. The cloaking power, for example, starts off granting you 3 seconds of invisibility per battery, but stealth kills take an entire battery to execute, thus you can’t execute too many stealth kills in a row. That seems like kind of a design flaw, giving a guy mechanical arms that run out of juice every time he punches someone in the face.

Beyond that, my only other complaints were minor ones about some stiff animations during conversations and a few button prompts that didn’t light up properly for the mouse cursor, but even if those weren’t resolved in the final product, I’d still get the game. Above all else, they’ve fully realized the multiple routes to solving situations that’s so iconic to the series.

All I know is when this finally comes out, I’m going full hacker.

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 01:08 AM       
Hey, thanks a lot for that little preview, sounds pretty good to me
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 11:56 AM       
Yeah that sounds pretty slick, hacking was always how I played through that game.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
pickled
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 01:01 PM       
Boogie, I currently have Deus Ex ordered for the 360. Do you think I would be better off getting the pc version instead?
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 01:12 PM       
I want to keep armed conflicts to a minimum without sneaking, so I guess, I´ll go hacker with light weapons or something like that. That´s how I played DE1 anyway, the Pistol was my best friend
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 02:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Boogie, I currently have Deus Ex ordered for the 360. Do you think I would be better off getting the pc version instead?
Well I would, but that's mainly because I much prefer mouseaim over gamepads for shooters, but apart from that and some better graphics on the PC, I don't think you'd necessarily be better off getting it for PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
I want to keep armed conflicts to a minimum without sneaking, so I guess, Iīll go hacker with light weapons or something like that. Thatīs how I played DE1 anyway, the Pistol was my best friend
So far, I've managed to get through the entire demo without investing in any of the real stealth augments, while still scoring the big xp bonuses for not being seen. Apart from the cloak, they have a couple that allow you to run and jump silently, but those take power, and so you can't silently run up behind someone and knock them out unless you have at least 2 full batteries.

I say you're better off just timing the guard's patterns and just crouch-walking up to them when they turn around, like in pretty much every other stealth game out there.

The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 04:40 PM       
I will probably be getting DE:HR for the 360 since my computer is slowly winding down on games it is able to effectively play and still look good.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 05:17 PM       
I'm trying to get chrono cross to work on this lame ps emulator. Had no luck with it so far.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 06:17 PM       
Play Catherine last night after avoiding buying it for awhile.

It doesn't deserve the hype it's getting. The block pushing is straight out of a 90's PS1 game. The morality choices really don't change the narrative at all (if you lean more towards one girl or the other, Vincent is still a wishy washy pussy who can't make up his mind), and there's not a whole lot to do outside of pushing blocks.

The in-game graphics and cutscenes are pretty, and the music is cool, but that's about it. Get it for $30 if you really want to play it.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 06:41 PM       
I loved it. Play it. Buy it.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 07:02 PM       
I trust your opinion more! But still no.

That was very funny. Well done.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I loved it. Play it. Buy it.
I figured you would hate Catherine.

I stayed away because it seemed to fanservicey, but it got decent reviews.

I think it's because I hate all three of the main characters. Vincent is the fucking lamest protagonist I've ever been stuck with, Catherine is exactly like this chick in college who I used to sleep with, and Katherine won't butt the fuck out.

I WANT TO EAT PIZZA AND DRINK BEER WITH MY FRIENDS AFTER WORK. THAT'S WHAT WE DO. IT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL. FUCK STOP TEXTING ME.