Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 09:49 AM       
Now that I know Jews have your approval I'm totally fine with you and am not put off by your Germanofacistic flavor at all.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 06:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf View Post

Mexicans and blacks endured some hardships 30-40 years ago but still have not recovered from them and have abnormally high instances of criminality, drug use, etc. compared to other groups. The idea that immigrant groups automatically get better is poppycock.
Mexicans and blacks have endured hardships quite a bit longer than 30-40 years. And if you think that 30 years is enough to overcome systemic institutional discrimination, then you are very, very naive indeed.

Quote:
The Jews and the Chinese were in identical situations to the Hispanics 70 years ago and now they are moving along very far into our societies while hispanics are not.
Funny, I don't remember the Jews and the Chinese being forced to return to their native lands the way the Mexicans were during the Great Depression (over 60% of those repatriated during Operation Wetback* were legally U.S. citizens, by the way). Nor do I recall Jews and Chinese being lynched the way Mexicans were. Or being denied services by the U.S. Dept of Veterans Affairs when they arrived home after serving in the military. Or not being allowed to serve on a jury where the defendant was a member of their own race. Or being forced to go to seperate schools on the basis of their race.

*I wish I was making that name up

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 10:32 PM       
Asian immigrants were attacked in some riots and on many occasions they were sent back unfairly -- in a famous incident, tens of thousands of chinese rail workers were laid off right before their payments were due (which was going to be land, which would have essentially made much of the Pacific Northwest and the Great Plains ethnically Chinese)...

Were they lynched? I do not recall it.

However, let's put it simply:

Jews and Chinese between the 1900s and 1940s suffered immense hardships, and the Asian immigrants int he sixties and seventies also had many of the same setbacks. However, these groups eventually pulled themselves up.

Blacks and Mexicans, who were on similar footing to Asian immigrants in the sixties and have not been given anyw orse rights since, have lagged behind whereas the Asian immigrants are now a model minority.

Some groups do not advance for whatever reason.

Why should a nation be forced to accept more of them?
Old Dec 7th, 2007, 10:00 AM       
Because helping those worse off than you is both a Christian and secular value that isn't subject to cost benefit analysis,

AND

the very definition of society is a group identity which forces things on it's membership deemed to be good. Happily, I live in a democracy where we can negotiate what those things are.

While not a Christian myself, I think Jesus was on to something, at least metaphorically, when he said what you do unto the least of your bretheren you do to me.

I hope you noticed I addressed your point.

Think of it as operant conditioning. Your last sentence was short, understandable and didn't over reach your ability to express yourself. Are you all aglow with the respect I've accorded you? Or do you feel more self actualized when I make fun of you?

On a side note, do you think it ironic that someone so concerned with national identity calls himself 'Der KulterKampf'?
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 7th, 2007, 12:32 PM       
Quote:
Were they lynched? I do not recall it.
You see? This is why I love KK. I think OAO was the last guy on these boards for whom recorded history, and knowledge in general, was limited to only the things he knew or at least thought he knew.

KK, in the future, I'd like to see you do more stories that quote dubious studies and surveys, like that thread way back about gays and suicide/drug use. Those were some of my favorites.

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 7th, 2007, 03:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
You see, while you are correct in saying that Jewish and Chinese families were sneaking across the Mexican border, all that was occurring 10-20 years ago. If you don't believe me, just ask my good friend, Chang Goldstein.

that shit made this thread so much better. Hell, it made my day better.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Dec 7th, 2007, 07:07 PM       
Quote:
Jews and Chinese between the 1900s and 1940s suffered immense hardships, and the Asian immigrants int he sixties and seventies also had many of the same setbacks. However, these groups eventually pulled themselves up.
And the blacks haven't? Or perhaps you are not familar with the fact that the racial disparity in poverty rates has narrowed and that the black middle class has grown substantially since the Civil Rights era? Or the fact that as of 2004, American blacks are no more likely than American whites to work in the service industry.

But I guess that just isn't enough progress for you, eh? Nope, they have to throw off 400 years of systemic oppression in American society OVERNIGHT, and all the institutional racism holding them back has surely all but vanished in a mere 40 years, right? There can't possibly be any institutional racism left, right?

Right?
Quote:
Blacks and Mexicans, who were on similar footing to Asian immigrants in the sixties and have not been given anyw orse rights since,

I'm not sure what's more laughable, your grasp or history, or the fact that sentence appears to be eating itself.

Quote:
Some groups do not advance for whatever reason.

Okay, I'll bite. If society itself isn't to blame, what is holding blacks and Latinos back, your opinion?

(Goddamn font settings! AGH!)

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2007, 03:40 AM       
Blacks and hispanics disproportinately make up the crime rate...

I think there are too many social issues that we face, as America, but more importantly that Europe faces, concerning Carribbean / Hispanic immigration (and in Europe Arab/Black immigration); I oppose it greatly as they milk benefits and make up a voting block counter to the traditional values that made our nations strong. It is reminiscent of Rome in its decline.

Post your statistics because I do not trust them.

While you are at it, if you dare, post some statistics concerning blacks and hispanics and their proportionality of the crime rate.
Mongoloid
Cedar is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2007, 04:06 PM       
Morrissey should just shut up, i love his music but the guy is an idiot
Old Dec 9th, 2007, 08:20 AM       
KK, do you EVER plan on learning to write in sentences?
Queen of the Beasts
Old Dec 9th, 2007, 01:12 PM       
Quote:
Post your statistics because I do not trust them.
Well why bother then?

Besides, you didn't answer my question. Why do blacks and hispanics make up a greater proportion of the criminals if society is not to blame? I'm waiting.