Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 11:10 AM       
Remember that irrational fear that their MIGHT be homosexual guy in gym class who just MIGHT be looking at your luscious bod? I think that this might raise the probability a bit.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 02:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBubba
I think you've been brainwashed and are spurting out rhetoric gurgling that sounds exactly like what they tried to convince me in school. racism for the most part is, I agree ridiculous and ignorant. Personal prejudice is however often very accurate as it is based on ones own experiences after repeated incedince. As long as one stays open to the possibility of an anomily in his or her prejudice then its fine.
Brainwashed? No, I'm actually making some god damn sense. You have to understand that judging people as a whole versus on a personal level is a bad thing. It can lead to conflict. I don't like seeing gay people killed because they're gay, and the isolation of them from normal schools certainly isn't going to have them more accepted.

Quote:
Do you want to make these two ways of thinking thought crimes? Oh wait they already are. And you buy it. Do you not see the error in thinking you can make someone change their mind by making it illegal to think a certain way?
I don't understand what they heck you are saying. I'm not making it illegal for anyone to think anything: I'm just making it a hell of a lot less likely in future generations.

Quote:
Why?
How many white people do you know who will not swim in the same pool as a black because they think it's dirty?

Quote:
But anyway, yeah, if you mean government enforced racism, sure and fine. But the stuff the common citizen says is pretty much the same shmeal with a little dash of public education brainwashing thrown in there.
Please, shut up with the brainwashing thing. It's making you look foolish.

The government did not enforce that. It's just human nature to accept something different than you more as you interact with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
So for society to progress we must enforce a specific way of thinking under penalty of forcable coercion? Do you even bother thinking for yourself, because I can tell you are not truly thinking about the words coming out of your mouth. You think they just sound pretty.
Do you even bother thinking at all? I don't understand where the heck half the babble is dribbling out of your mouth from.

Get the notion that I am enforcing someone to think anything out of your mind. I am not. I am just saying some ways of thinking are bad. Take Charles Manson. He is an example of someone who had a bad way of thinking.

Quote:
You seriously sound like you just got out of a D.A.R.E class or something and bought every fucking word.
You seriously sound like someone who just walked out of Hot Topic and is trying to be different from everyone else, even though you are surrounded by people just like you.

Quote:
I bet you think sex is fatal and girls get pregnant once more for every time you initiate heavy petting.
I bet you have an IQ lower than 80. BTW: I desperately want to get laid.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 03:06 PM       
Prejudice is not necessarily based on experience. Many people are prejudiced because of what the media, their friends or family tell them. And sometimes even not that. Sometimes people simply make up reasons to be prejudiced for themselves because they don't like people who are different.

badlydrawn is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 02:01 AM        yuck.
this isnt going to help really. give people a reason to complain. the people that go there wont realize much. and bleh. :/
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 03:40 PM       
Look this isn't really a school, it's a program. A lot of programs have their own principles. This particular one isn't old, it has been around for a long time. They just now got their own principle as opposed to the one guy who oversees all the other ones. Every major district has speciality programs for "troubled kids" and other various special need demographics. These kids most likely switched into this program at the advice of a counselor after they were failing to survive at a regular school. Without these programs you'd see a lot more drop outs , or worse. Public Schools with taxpayer money tend to force the same curriculum on everyone, which means a lot of kids are alienated. So special need curriculums are created, and funded mainly through special grant money from various places (private, state, federal, etc.)

I do tend to think people put themselves in their own ghettos, and self segragation can be a problem, especially if they're just compensating for feeling "left out". A better method would be to fight for proper intergration, and broaden the curriculum to meet the needs of it's student bodies in a way that is inclusive and not imposed. Meaning something like the rainbow curriculum that forces a lesson plan in diversity on all students is as dangerous as any forced curriculum plan in ignorance. Anything that sweeping and broad will not meet the needs of the students. Harvey Milk wanted to be treated the same, not special, and to be recognized for what he was.

This isn't the issue for this particular school though. These kids aren't looking for a sepcial gay education. The media is just jumping all over anything homosexual related and making it sound like an entirely new school is being created when that isn't the case.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 03:40 PM       
The reason it's a public school is because most private schools are accepting to begin with; Public school is generally more hostile. There is no legal way for them to turn down non-homosexuals, and the focus of the school is well-enough-known to deter most of them in the first place.

This really isn't any different than the white and black schools we have in our area. At Baltimore Polytechnic, for example, they didn't stop Raymond Yu from transferring to it after he got booted out of my school, but the student body is 99% black at Poly. The only problems here are being raised by people that aren't gay in the first place and are assuming what 'them queers' would want, which is homophobic to begin with.

In conclusion, gay kids get beat to fuck and back in public school, and here they won't. Even if we lived in a model society this school would still be a good idea.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 05:31 PM       
does the disctrict recognize that school as a "black school" ? or did it just end up that way because of the areas demographics?

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 06:03 PM       
OMG, there wrestling team is gonna be like the friggin! No one will wrestle a fag-boy gay fag homo queer!??!