Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 11:46 AM       
I'm so excited to get back home and download the engie update.
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 05:04 PM       
Was Secret Of Evermore a sequel to SoM? And more importantly, was it worth playing?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 05:31 PM       
nah i dont think it was a sequel, its a fun game though. better than secret of mana, i think.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 10:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
nah i dont think it was a sequel, its a fun game though. better than secret of mana, i think.
In my opinion SoM is way better than SoE. I think squaresoft just used the "secret of" title to lure in consumers, and they use the same menu screens and controls.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 10:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
i got a key for the medal of honor beta

how'd you swing that?

Last edited by stevetothepast : Jul 10th, 2010 at 10:47 PM. Reason: SORRY FOR THE DBL POST
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 10:53 PM       
That's the word on the street, at least. Like all those "Xeno" games are aren't related at all. Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade, the latter of which was renamed near the end of development because the same director had worked on it (and they wanted the association.)

Similarly, no one would have been disappointed in Chrono Cross if it had a different title :P

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 11:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetothepast View Post
how'd you swing that?
they are giving them away at fileplanet

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 04:02 AM       
Wow, played Persona 3 Portable for around 3 hrs yesterday and it was really hard to put down while waiting for the fucking sun to dissappear in the basement (the stupid heat got to my system, headache, nausea, the whole program)...I hate summerdays, oh how I hate them...unnecessary bullshit.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 05:55 PM       
Assassin's Creed 2 had one of the most unsatisfying endings of any game I've beaten.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 09:39 PM       
All the talk about old SNES carts got my nostalgia juices flowing. I went to a place about an hour away and bought 2 old SNES games I owned once but sold. Paladin's Quest and (because it was mentioned) FF Mystic Quest
drifting in the void
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 03:34 AM       
As much as I love my old SNES, I prefer to carry most of the library around on a USB-Stick :D
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 09:06 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
That's the word on the street, at least. Like all those "Xeno" games are aren't related at all. Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade, the latter of which was renamed near the end of development because the same director had worked on it (and they wanted the association.)

Similarly, no one would have been disappointed in Chrono Cross if it had a different title :P

Xenogears and Xenosaga are related.
has a woody
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 02:23 PM       
Quote:
On several occasions, developers of Xenosaga, including series creator Tetsuya Takahashi, have maintained the two stories are not meant to exist in the same timeline or universe.
Not really. Just subtle similarities.

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 03:19 PM       
Phoenix! Im trying to put an SNES emulator on my sons PSP. When I turn on the PSP and go the "Game" section and look at the memory card I can the emulator but when I try to launch it I get an error saying the data is corrupted. I have a feeling you can help.
has a woody
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 04:08 PM       
It won't launch the rom? Or the emulator? What emulator are you using? I've been having the most luck with SNES9x, which worked without any configuration for me. Something might be in the wrong folder, but I'm not sure. dl.qj.net has working downloads, incase you suspect your download really was corrupted.

Also, firmware might be the problem. Some emulators require them to be in GAME150 instead of GAME depending on the firmware, though I'm pretty certain newer custom firmwares don't require GAME150. But definitely give that a shot. I think this only works on fat PSPs with 1.50 kernel installed.

Lastly, make sure you have the newest version of the emulator (dl.qj.net has just about everything), since some were rewritten for newer custom firmwares that don't support 1.50 kernel. If the newest version doesn't work, try updating to newer custom firmware like 5.50 GEN or 5.50 Prometheus.

So yea, it's gotta be one of those three. Corrupted file(s), a misplaced folder somewhere, or your emulator or firmware is outdated.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 04:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Not really. Just subtle similarities.

They are like Cable and Nathan Summers.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 04:36 PM       
Wont launch the emulator. Its the SNES9x that Im using. Although after looking at that site you posted Im not sure I have the latest version. Ill have to get to the house to check though.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 03:05 AM       
Tried Crimecraft for a day because it was free. I was kind of liking it until the PvP portion came along. At that point, the tutorial disappeared, and I had to try and figure out where to go from there.

It's odd; you don't get newer, more powerful weapons, per se. You just get weapons with more slots so you can put in different modifiers. There's plenty of skills to choose from, too, but you can only take 2 on at a time, including passive ones.

I finally quit when I realized that nearly all the quests required PvP in specific areas where no one was playing. Plus, I didn't know anyone else playing the game, so I had to pair up with whoever was available.

Sucked.

But now I'm playing The Red Star. It's pretty fun. Like part beat-'em-up, part shooter, and part bullet hell game.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 11:16 AM       
i had a red star demo for xbox of course soon after the game was cancelled for xbox

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 11:27 AM       
Now it's on the PSP, iPhone, and PS2.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 06:32 PM       
Singularity was pretty good, if not a bit old school. The TMD is one of the coolest things in games since the gravity gun in HL2. I need something new to play for 360, can anyone suggest anything?
drifting in the void
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 04:12 AM       
What genre? Can´t help you with shooters, but I´d reccomend Prototype and Just Cause 2 from the open-world-blahblah-genre if you haven´t played them yet.

As for NEW games...is there anything new apart from Crackdown 2 which isn´t new but just a DLC-like sequel?
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 09:01 AM       
I dunno. This month is pretty dry with the exception of SC2. Was Prototype good? I heard that it was a bit like Infamous for the PS3.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 12:37 PM       
Quote:
Technically they were related as well... remember the "bell scene" in particular?

Secret of Evermore wasn't related to the "Mana" series other than the system it used. US made at least. It's a pretty good game (SoM is better) but I don't think they did a good enough job with the settings... Cool idea and all.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 05:45 PM       
lol there's this other chrono trigger themed game too but it was only on the gameboy or some crazy shit. I think that you play magus in it ;/