Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2010, 05:27 PM       
Fired, yeah. But we'll never get the money back that the stole and they will never do jail time. They expect to get caught and fired, that's why the steal so much, so fast, and then leave us in an even worse situation than what we started with.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2010, 05:29 PM       
If they did all that, I expect they would have to be prosecuted, that is committing fraud which is illegal and can lead to heavy fines and prison time
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2010, 05:33 PM       
I used to expect it.
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:12 PM       
Why am I unbanned?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:44 PM       
Chojin over ruled me and decided you should only have 1 infraction.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:48 PM       
a messageboard rationing panel has allocated your monthly posting privileges.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:54 PM       
It would appear that there is no death panel.
Banned

Old May 4th, 2010, 08:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mew barios View Post
a messageboard rationing panel has allocated your monthly posting privileges.
See, I told you it was real.

OUR WORK HERE IS DONE. Let's go home.

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Rationing doesn't equal death. In fact, I'd say that rationing is a response to the prospect of death; a way to combat it. Food rationing prevents famine etc. The fact that there is rationing of health is a sad fact of capitalism rather than a malicious refusal of care with the sole intention of genocide against the American people.
How do you get that I am a defender of insurance companies, and FOR the rationing of health care from this quote?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:16 AM       
I like how no doctor has ever cured a disease, but insurance companies are personally responsible for people's deaths.
Banned

Old May 5th, 2010, 08:13 AM       
Regarding the Oligarchy.

12/27/08
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:13 AM       
I noticed you completely ignored everything I, and most likely anyone with a sensible point of view, have said.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Everyone knows that you silly sog. That's not what we have been debating with you. We have been debating your use of the terms "genocide" and "death panel" as the first has been used wrongly by you as you yourself demonstrated (but don't realize) and the second is misleading. Terminology and the extremely paranoid world view that you seem to be promoting is what is being questioned, not that this bill does almost nothing but give insurance companies money.

BUT YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND THIS POST ANYWAY SO LETS MAKE FUN OF YOU MORE
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:23 AM       
The Leader why do you think that the insurance companies are in the business of making money, not for providing health care? I can't believe you didn't know this.

Also, isn't just a little bit too convenient that the president of the "United States" has had direct dealings with not only Peter Olzslagzd, but the CIA as well?

Just something to think about.
Banned

Old May 5th, 2010, 09:50 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
I noticed you completely ignored everything I, and most likely anyone with a sensible point of view, have said.
The Youtube video I posted really details the ideology of the ruling class and how we...the people...are seen as an inferior species that in their minds must be culled (Death Panels / Rationing Panels).

I believe it makes a good point.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:16 AM       
I didn't even get a 'thank you' from him.
Banned

Old May 5th, 2010, 10:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
I didn't even get a 'thank you' from him.
I'm sorry,

Thanks buddy. I've never been let back in once I've been banned. I appreciate it. And I appreciate the general debate as well.
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
The Youtube video I posted really details the ideology of the ruling class and how we...the people...are seen as an inferior species that in their minds must be culled (Death Panels / Rationing Panels).

I believe it makes a good point.
I see, I see... hmm, well that certainly answers all the questions you have been asked. Definitely doesn't leave anything unanswered, or outright dodged.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:39 AM       
What fucking death panels are you talking about? I admit I haven't followed US politics, but I'm having hard time believing that a panel would be administrated to decide who deserves to live and who must die.
Banned

Old May 5th, 2010, 10:58 AM       
Just go back a few pages where I linked to the wallstreet journal article. Not only will we have private rationing boards which will lead to needless deaths but now we will have government rationing boards which will mandate which treatment you can and can't have. If you want I can PM you the article.
Fucking Finland
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:20 AM       
If you don't mind, then please do
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:10 PM       
Webster Tarpley on the "oligarchy". Ok. First five minutes is nothing, so thanks for that I'm on a slow internet at the moment; just warming up the audience by saying meaningless buzz words and phrases like "fascistoid militias" and "international depression breakdown crisis perspective" (I kid you not).

His 'resounding theme' for the year is "the crisis of the Anglo-American ruling class". In the US, and around the world. He includes Burma, Pakistan and others. Now, what is this crisis? Is it the crisis of there simply being a ruling class? That isn't a crisis in itself, otherwise we might as well consider almost the entirety of recorded history to be one long crisis, in which case it ceases to be a crisis and becomes the norm.

Ok, so now I'm told that the crisis is that they "make the wrong decisions for the economy". Implying that if they made the right decisions (who knows what they are) then everything would be ok and the oligarchy would be hunky dory. The "wrong decisions" include betting the farm on 1.6 quadrillion in derivatives. The Burmese oligarchs are part of this, btw. They are relying on green energy like windmills and solar cells to get them out of the worst world economic depression that we have ever seen. The reason behind relying on green energy is because they are too decadent and degenerate to think otherwise. Right.

++++DELETED A THOUSAND WORDS ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX++++

This guy displays very Coolinator ideas on information, and he goes of on a tangent about how old windmills and solar cells are.

Now we find out what his "Oligarchy" are, they are the ruling class ("sounds Marxist? Well guess again!") yes, you heard it right, the oligarchs are the ruling elite. You could never have guessed this. He bases his views on Plato's comment that the rich ruling the poor, which I need not explain is as simplistic as it sounds. Rich rule poor. No question on how they become rich, through, say, their class standing and economic opportunities of said class standing, which might be more relevant to whether they are in power, since several different... ugh, never mind. Rich rule poor. So, the ruling class are "oligarchs", which is technically correct if we take Plato's starting point, but far too simplistic to actually mean anything; it's just a word used to conjure up fear or interest. The sort of buzz word that Coolinator supposedly hates. YOU SHEEP.

How else do we know that the world is ruled by an oligarchy? Well, Plato states that an oligarchy is filled with evils, and guess what? SO IS THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION. Wa bam!

Next. The world is, by definition (???), overpopulated. The definition of the world.... means that it is overpopulated. I'll just move on. The oligarchs only care about themselves, so they want to what sounds like 'cull' the poor population with wars, Death Panels, insurance companies, fluoride, genocide, and chemicals in foods. The Trojan war was based around the fact that the world was overpopulated, and the oligarchs wanted to keep the poor under control. As an ex ancient history student and enthusiast, this idea makes me cry. Hell, the idea that any wars are simply designed to cull your own population is a bit rich.

He mentions the Spartan Oligarchs, during what I am guessing is the Peloponnesian wars, lamenting the fact that Athens had a powerful navy with which to harm their rights (Athens being non-oligarchical, apparently... uh, despite us being told that the oligarchs are in power all over the world and have been for ever...). Thucydides prefers to think that it was mainly to do with trade issues and shit, but whatever. Why is he delving into ancient history like a ham fisted barbarian burning down the Acropolis? Well, it's not important, but it sounds quite technical, and if we talk about the past it sort of gives weight to the idea that the "oligarchy" has been around throughout history, rather than just being a buzz word.

Now, there was an idea growing in the 19th century that the world could support a certain amount of people comfortably. Darwin is mentioned as being on board with this. Rather than logically seeing this from an environmental and social perspective on how humanity can live safely, healthily and happily on a world with limited resources, it's OBVIOUS that this is just another example of the "oligarchs" wanting to cull the population, or keep the population low through god knows what methods. This, we are told, is fascism. "Hitler and so forth are based, to a significant degree, on the reading of Darwin by Nietzsche". Not social Darwinism, or something relevant to fascism, but the fact that Darwin believed that the world could support 3 billion people. People know that Nietzsche is related to nazis, right? It's like saying that Darwin had a beard, and Nietzsche noticed this, so Hitler had a moustache and this is why they are all oligarchs. Fascist oligarchs.

So then the derivativeness come up, and the failures of the governments of the USA and UK over a thirty year period, and this is the stuff that people cling to. If you can say that the economy of the world is failing, which I myself believe it is, then you link that in to the idea of "oligarchs" simply by association. They must be international fascist oligarchs because the economy is failing, duh! And the economy is failing BECAUSE they are international fascist oligarchs.

I'm not going to expect too much from it, but you did say it explains things. It does not. The idea that there has been some sort of unbroken line of rich people in power internationally since 350BC (or before) is ridiculous. The idea thrown in, almost hesitantly in what seems to be embarrassment, that the "oligarchs" want to keep the population low, is ridiculous, and in that video certainly not backed up. Why would they want the population low? Why would they want a smaller market to peddle their wares? Why would they want a smaller size workforce that inevitably would mean less competition for jobs and higher wages? Why would they want less people in impoverished nations to manufacture their goods? "So that the oligarchs can live comfortably" does not cut it.

This guy does not cut it. The economic horrors could be true or false for all I care, and I don't care to look up the figures, but thinking that mere association with these said horrors makes the idea of "evil" population controlling oligarchs any more authentic is absurd. The final nail in the coffin is that there is no solution offered; it's just whinging about "bad decisions".

You know Coolinator, I honestly think you could learn a lot from reading over a marxist view of the world. Not being snide here (just here though), but if you actually want to have explanations for these things that obviously affect (not effect) you, then maybe try reading up on something which can explain the process of history quite well. The idea of dialectical materialism, class struggles and conflicting class welfare is much more extensive and informative about where society has come and where it is going than Griffin Tarpley is.

If sane people are wondering why I care so much to type so much, well, it's a mixture of reasons. Some enjoyment, a lack of anything better to do, and a genuine feeling that there is possibility to inform.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:17 PM       
Quote:
Dude, you miss the point. Zhukov asked a question. Without posting a link to a blog, quoting a blog, or insulting his intellect or his viewpoint, ANSWER HIM!

Quote:
I'm sorry,

Thanks buddy. I've never been let back in once I've been banned. I appreciate it. And I appreciate the general debate as well.
So this isn't the first time. Why am I not surprised.

Quote:
Just go back a few pages where I linked to the wallstreet journal article. Not only will we have private rationing boards which will lead to needless deaths but now we will have government rationing boards which will mandate which treatment you can and can't have. If you want I can PM you the article.
Again with the articles. You still don't understand that we want to discuss the issue, and not being bludgeoned over the head with someone else's (biased) opinion. There are two sides to every story - that's part of the reason I like factcheck.org - at least they make an effort to look at misleading information from both sides of every issue. Check it out - I found every time there is a point "for" the healthcare bill, there is another point "against" the healthcare bill.

The bottom line is that it's not as good as its supporters say it is, and it's not the "evil death panel" that the detractors contend.

Personally I'd like to see some substantive discussion on how it's likely to affect each of you, including you, Mr. Coolinator. After all, you work, and therefore you have some kind of health care coverage.

No blogs allowed.
You may already be there.
Fucking Finland
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:47 PM       
I'm confused as hell about this topic, so to avoid dwelling deeper into this whole mess that american healthcare seems to be, I'll stay in the death panel discussion.

What I understood, rationing panels will decide how money will be spend. That is, they will "rank" the patients according to their needs, those in greatest need being first in line. Not getting your inquinal hernia operated might be annoying, but it sure won't be lethal.

I can't say how biased/exaggerated (apparently quite exaggerated) the article was.

I couldn't find proof of arthroscopy etc. being banned in washington, but if true, isn't this retarded? Wouldn't this lead into increase in disability pensions and therefore costs? Not to mention increased costs due to escalations of symptoms?

And once again to make it clear, my grasp of politics etc. is very loose and I'm a retard.
Banned

Old May 5th, 2010, 02:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNkeri View Post
Wouldn't this lead into increase in disability pensions and therefore costs? Not to mention increased costs due to escalations of symptoms?

And once again to make it clear, my grasp of politics etc. is very loose and I'm a retard.
The Death / rationing panel is meant to reduce the cost to the private-for profit insurance companies. This will allow them a federal mandate to deny care thus saving them money. We have to remember that this is an insurance bailout in the disguise as a healthcare bill for the people. It's not meant to reduce the cost of beneficial programs like disability pensions.