Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 03:23 AM        Batman villains
As I'm sure you know, there's a new Batman movie coming out. The director of the last two Batman films, Christopher Nolan, has put an emphasis on making the characters believable and work in a real-world setting. That being the case, I was wondering what villains (outside Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow, The Joker, and Two-Face) would work in this continuum he's created. You don't necessarily have to justify their presence through the storyline of the films, especially since The Dark Knight still has yet to be released.

I would go with the Penguin. He's popular/iconic enough to justify top billing, and he could definitely serve as resource for the "freaks" that are taking over Gotham's criminal underworld due to Batman's existence. As more of a crime boss and less of a sideshow attraction (like in Batman Returns) he could certainly play an important role in future installments of the new Batman series as an underlying threat while Ra's, The Joker, or Two-Face act as the main antagonist.

Who would you guys go with?
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 01:27 PM       
Out of all the older movies, I did like the penguin the best
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 01:31 PM       
although he wouldn't REALLY work out too well in a realistic setting, I'd love to see nolan's take on mr. freeze.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 02:10 PM       
Phantasm
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 05:32 PM       
THE KILLER MOTH- Always a favorite villain
He's like evil bats, with henchmen. awesome helmet-needs new gear otherwise

The RIDDLER- Already mastered by two actors, but so was Joker (guess dark knight will tell about J#3)Gorshin was perfection, Jim Fuckin Carrey-- best kind of tie
Heard some rumors about Benjamin Linus from Lost being him, but they could do better.....

The PENGUIN- like Riddler & Joker already mastered twice, but can't say no to those umbrellas (Trusty Bumbleshooter!). Preferred Merideth's witty vocabulary, But Devito was quite impressive

*couldn't find Umbrella layout from batman encyclopedia, but Norm Breyfogle was the man on PenHEY THAT'S MIKE GRELL!!!

POISON IVY- Scantily clad hot woman that will probally give you more unique std's than 007. who dosn't like boobs? homos

MR X- that mafia midget on stilts? I think catwoman was there, and safe sex advice 60's duo.
good luck finding a picture- I'm lazy.
Should be played by Paul Giamatti.
Blue Fox is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 06:13 PM       
if you have the joker you would have harley quinn too...
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 07:06 PM       
Naw. She's only been around a few years and couldn't carry a movie. Come to think of it, Batman does has a pretty thin rogue's gallery of real world types. That is, non 'super' types.

I think Riddler could be interesting as would the Penguin. After that though, I'm a little stumped. Deadshot, maybe? Or maybe the original Clayface reworked? He was originally a serial killer. If they add disfigurement, disguise, hacking, and general identity theft he could be an interesting supporting villan.

Maybe reintroduce a revised Catwoman?
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 07:37 PM       
I think the Mad Hatter could work as a one shot movie involving mind control hats. There is no shortage of freaky little men they could put into a top hat.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 07:45 PM       
King Tut. Batman would need more than buttermilk to thwart him now though.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 08:18 PM       
I think King Tut was exclusive to the television series...as a poor man's Al Ghul. I don't think he was ever in the comics.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 09:16 PM       
egghead

Last edited by executioneer : Jul 12th, 2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: I MADE A WHOOPSIE
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 09:24 PM       
Firefly, please. I want to see some fire.
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 09:44 PM       
I remember him being a poor man's lots of things. I feel like they could have a lot of leeway with his character.

Positives: no super-powers so it's believable. Inspired a hit song by Steve Martin. Can easily be teamed up with another mediocre villian.

Cons: ???
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 10:07 PM       
black mask and the penguin

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 12:06 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
black mask and the penguin
I would say something about Black Mask being too new, but they did include Mr. Zsasz in Batman Begins.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 12:10 AM       
False Face
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 01:22 AM       
I liked Mr. Freeze in the Animated Series.

Why did Schwarzenegger need to play him in Batman and Robin?

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 04:09 PM       
I really liked The Clock King.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 04:19 PM       
The one episode of the animated series he was in was great.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 04:35 PM       
he was in two episodes
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 05:54 PM       
And then Justice League Unlimited. That episode was great too.

That was very funny. Well done.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 08:54 PM       
The Ventriloquist and Scarface could be done. He (or is it they?) has the mob and mental schism thing going for him. It'd be a stretch, but I was always a fan of his animated series appearances.
Mexican Rambo Doll
Location: In your closet. Kinda like that homeless Japanese lady.
Lobo Tommy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 09:56 PM       
Bane or the Ventriloquist (who should be played by Anthony Hopkins).
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 04:20 PM       
Batman #62

Mister X- would be the sideline villain, like Max Shreck in returns
I second that Clayface (Basil Karlo)- Have Bats punch his lights out, permanately.

Professor Hugo Strange
he could neatly fill a Ra's sized vacuum in Gotham, and have a think tank with Dr Death & such.
another to die at bat's fist, or that big fuckin canyon
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 11:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
black mask

Thats the one