Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 09:12 AM        In Our Dirty Neighborhood
You shouldn't aspire to much, because our dirty neighborhood is enough.

In our dirty neighborhood there are cigarette butts on the uneven sidewalks cemented by careless workers, there are bags of rotting vegetables leaning on streelights and carts where poor men sell bread filled with sweets that look like fish; here there are kids that play soccer until 11 PM, and obnoxious workers that drink until 2 or 3.

In our neighborhood when you look two blocks down in either direction there are four sets of double barber polls where you pay the equivalent of $60 for an erotic massage finished with a helping hand, mouth, or cunt.

Kids walk by in school uniforms, old women wear their oversized flower-pattern pants and bonnets and old men wear suit-like attire and hats too fancy to fit.

On saturdays and sundays there are some puddles of vomit, some broken glass; if you come out at the right time there might be a fight or a man beating his stubborn wife.

It is hard to live just outside this neighborhood -- I am separated by a wall and some guards that enforce arbitrary rules.

I cannot imagine growing up within the Anarchy of a broken-down building in Uijeongbu.

If the standards I had to uphold, if what I inherited from my parents was a crumbling apartment and a legacy of working class I would be King of this neighborhood.

There is no freedom like this dirty neighborhood: if I were a Native to this crumbling village within a modernizing city, I would buy my groceries from those whithering hands of the ancients, I'd drink soju until my liver exploded for a buck a bottle on her sidewalks; I'd go to her pool halls and go to her Noraebangs and sing the classics, I would live under dimming lights of the streets dropping cigarette butts wherever I please.

I'd fight, I'd fuck, I'd drink, I'd smoke, I'd work a simple job 8 hours a day and not ask questions. I'd watch time pass. I'd make kids. I'd watch my kids. I'd watch their kids. I'd sell vegetables with my withered hands, and smoke some more cigarettes and scatter their butts, drink more bottles of soju and scatter their glass.

I'd live a dream -- a dream I did not have to work for.

I'd have an adventure -- an adventure I would not have to travel far for.

When I was bored I'd listen to music or take the subway to the other side of the city, I'd scatter butts in someone else's dirty neighborhood and listen to someone else's simple music. But I'd always come back.

I do not want to go to a college -- I want to spend my tuition on cigarettes, alcohol, and whores; and I want to spend a few bucks a day to tell you about it from a PC room.

I want to be one of the lost boys -- because it is so easy, so relaxing, and you can live with it forever.

I do not need any motivation. I need to be left alone.

Aspirations are for those who are not satisfied with women, alcohol, music, film, books, and cigarettes. I am completely satisfied.

I have enough good times in dirty neighborhoods to never bother wanting to live in a rich neighborhood.

You always find the Buddhist temples (which are nothing more than run-down buildings) in the dirty neighborhoods, with little signs that say 'PHILOSOPHY' on the side, or perhaps 'THOUGHT.' It's not because poor people need religion, it is because religious people do not need money.

Money means nothing when the finest pleasures in life can be bought off of a meagre allowance.

Fuck every time I ever thought of being anything more than a gardener or a gas station attendant or a cook or a waiter or a taxi driver.

To be anything else would be a waste of effort and overlooking the entire meaning of our existence.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 09:28 AM       
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 09:47 AM       
wow dude ur just liek hemingway
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 02:32 PM       
A.) I don't think he wrote that. While the content is typical of him, the sentence style isn't, and the structure is... well, there, which isn't like his writing at all. I suppose it's possible he accidentally got sober and wrote it.

B.) Aside from the fact it's in sentences, this post gets a huge 'so what'?
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 03:07 PM       
"So what?" Max, you are so insensitive. He's proudly declaring that yes, he did contribute to the cigarette butts and puke on those sidewalks, and yes, he paid for a masseuse to go down on him. He's giving back to society!!!

Mocker
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 03:17 PM        Re: In Our Dirty Neighborhood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf
I'd fight, I'd fuck, I'd drink, I'd smoke, I'd work a simple job 8 hours a day and not ask questions. I'd watch time pass. I'd make kids. I'd watch my kids. I'd watch their kids.
Who the hell would leave their children with you?
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 03:39 PM       
Brittney Spears and K-Fed

Old Jun 6th, 2006, 11:30 PM       
It means that the simpler things in life are excellent, and I would rather have these than anything else. It is a stress free lifestyle -- a large goal of mine. It is freedom.
Mocker
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 11:32 PM       
And I fully support that, as long as it isn't on MY TAX DOLLARS, YOU ASS!

Shoot something!
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 12:28 AM       
You know, kk, you could make the argument that ultimate freedom comes only through death...

Old Jun 7th, 2006, 04:27 AM       
No.

You're a cunt.
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 09:22 AM       
Oh, come on! Think how 'stress free' it would be.

Fess up. Did you write that and were you sober?
Funky Dynamite
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 04:30 PM       
All I'm saying, kk, is that the next time you get totally shitfaced, just stop for a minute and think about how free you'd be if you were to remove yourself from the highly-restrictive mortal coil.

Old Jun 8th, 2006, 05:03 AM       
I wrote it, and I was sober.

Generally I write drunk.

speaking of which, I am going drinking right now.Bye!
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 09:16 AM       
Okay, I'll buy that. I think it's proof positive that you have a real drinking problem.

While I found the content of that peace... almost non existant (shallow expecttions are a sign of virtue, there's a fresh idea.) you expressed yoyr thoughts. You obviously like to write, oer maybe it's just the typing you enjoy because you don't seem to giove a little tin crap if you get anything across or not.

Old Jun 8th, 2006, 06:19 PM       
I do love to write, and I do want to note that my best pieces are the pieces which convey absolutely nothing at all, and do not even have much content.

I think it is a sign that I should write about nothing more often, and just say how things are.
Mocker
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 07:04 PM       
Gee golly guys, i've been reading all of Kulturwhatever's threads, and i think you guys are picking on him just a little too much.

Sure, he writes poetry about sleeping with dogs and puking in public, but shucks, is it so hard to believe that dogs are good to sleep with?

Let's lighten up on him, as well as OAO and Vince. let's only mock the crazies who think differntly than us, ok guys? thanks.
Funky Dynamite
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 09:01 PM       
Quote:
I think it is a sign that I should write about nothing more often, and just say how things are.
They say one of the secrets to successful writing is to write what you know. And you like to write about nothing...

Old Jun 9th, 2006, 09:04 AM       
'I do love to write, and I do want to note that my best pieces are the pieces which convey absolutely nothing at all, and do not even have much content.'
-KillerKlutz

'Best' is a relative term. One could have a 'best' bowl of sick, or a 'best' crop of back acne.

minus communication and content, what's good about these writtings? The sound of the words?
Mocker
Mr. Vagiclean is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 09:32 AM       
"go to her Noraebangs"

EHAHA
__"Offff all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"Loook, its a signature.'why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?'CaboooseSports is dead, I'm his freakin ghost, deal with it.iThe following sentance is true....
The above statement was false....

Old Jun 10th, 2006, 01:14 AM       
They are good because they are about beautiful idealsl and neighborhoods.
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 10:18 AM       
So subject matter makes good writing no matter how poor the communication is? Doesn't that mean anyone can be a good writer? Like, if I just type the word 'cow' over and over again, but I mean it to be about your neighborhood it's good writing?
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 04:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
Sure, he writes poetry about sleeping with dogs and puking in public, but shucks, is it so hard to believe that dogs are good to sleep with?
He's the new Bukowski!

Quote:
It means that the simpler things in life are excellent, and I would rather have these than anything else. It is a stress free lifestyle -- a large goal of mine.
If you're looking for a "stress-free" lifestyle, I suggest moving back in with your parents after you're discharged.

Old Jun 11th, 2006, 09:24 AM       
Modular:

I will move in with my girlfriend and spend my life fucing and making new kids. That is the plan.

My mate and close friend Max Burbank: I love you.

I am bukowski ... except I never read any of his work and only watched a movie vaguely based on his life.
Funky Dynamite
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 05:40 PM       
Here's the thing about having kids: you have to take care of them. Even a single kid will seriously cut into your getting-the-shit-beat-outta-you time.

Plus, all the money that's used up on the kid would hurt your chances of getting your face tattoos, not to mention your dream of becoming a professor.