Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 07:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
I think its retarded that red sox is opening the season in fucking japan. they're the defending champs, they ought to open at home for the sake of the boston fans. dice-k is the product of japan so i guess its all about the money. indians will go all the way this year. just kidding, red sox repeat!

Edit: I'm going to visit wrigley field in june for the first time. I grew up watching them cubbies play afternoon games at wrigley when i had chicago station at home before TNT took over. Wont be the same without harry carey singing "take me out the ballgame" during 7th innning stretch though.
True it isn't the same, but there's something to be said for the special celebrity guests that are now singing it. Think about it:

We've had Jeff Gordon call Wrigley Field, "Wrigley Stadium"

Ozzy sing "Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks, I don't know what I'm supposed to do"

And Mike Ditka sing it so fast he was finished before the pipe organ was halfway through the song.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 06:09 PM       
The season has kicked off in the Land of Anime, which means it's now time to cheer for a Twin (Joe Mauer is dreamy) today. Living in an area that primarily features Devil Rays games makes it difficult to enjoy some good ol' fashioned baseball played in a dome. I contemplated ordering MLB Extra Innings this year but a fellow Twins that I work with beat me to the punch and ordered it himself. The kind soul gave me an open invite to watch any and all Twins games at his place, free of charge. He even said he'd fire up the grill from time to time as well. I'm pretty excited for what should be a decent season.

Anyone else plan on getting Extra Innings this year?
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 12:55 PM       
I am considering it because I want to see some of those West Coast staffs live. And the Indians. And I want to follow Scott Kazmir and keep hating Jim Duquette.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 09:31 PM       
Tomorrow the Twins start the 2008 season against the Anahiem Angels of Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California. Fatboy Livan Hernandez gets the opening nod for the Twins while hippy haired Jerad Weaver starts for the confused angels. The Metrodump will be rocking it's teflon roof off!

Who's on first for your respective teams?

EDIT: The start of the season also means that the Twins have only 2 more seasons left to play in the ToiletDome before moving into this beauty in 2010:

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 10:22 PM       
Does anyone else find it strange that the Nats and the Bravos start the season by playing a single game homestand in DC? Even Boston and Oakland played two in Tokyo.

This is relevant because the Phil's Brett "bad boy" Myers is the opening day starter against those Nat's tomorrow, and Matt Chico gets the nod for Washington. Sidebar - Myers was the opening day starter last year, yet due to the Phil's pitching woes (Tom Gordon going down and out), ended up as the closer in the bullpen. No worries; Brad Lidge looks like he is at least as durable as Flash.
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 09:34 AM       
Two words. Publicity Stunt.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 06:57 PM       
Cards were off to a good start. Rockies pitcher Jeff Francis (in the words of Crash Davis) "couldn't hit water if he fell out of a fuckin' boat." Ankiel doubled in two, and Pujols hit his first home run, but they might not count- it's raining like hell here, and the game has been delayed for almost two hours now.

By the way, WhiteRat, I was surprised that the Twins are building an outdoor stadium. Don't they know it's fucking cold up there?
Beloved Cunt
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 07:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky View Post

By the way, WhiteRat, I was surprised that the Twins are building an outdoor stadium. Don't they know it's fucking cold up there?
Todays' weather is a bit extreme but normally around this time the weather is in the high 40's or low 50's. By the end of April the temp hits the 60's and sometimes the 70's, so it's really not that cold. Don't listen to the idiots on ESPN, they make it sound like it's sub-zero year round.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 08:05 PM       
Phillies start the season in traditional fashion - with a blowout loss.

Eh, they're only one and a half games out of first place, right?
Beloved Cunt
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 08:26 PM       
Anyone else think it's fitting to start a new baseball thread now that countdown to Opening Day has ended? At the very least maybe change the title of the thread?
Beloved Cunt
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 10:25 PM       
Livan Hernandez pitched 7 decent innings as the Twins squeaked by the Angels 3-2. Not surprsingly, Torii Hunter received a standing ovation during the player announcements as well as his first at bat. His replacement Carlos Gomez (centerpiece of the Santana trade) looked good going 2-3 and showcased his speed with 2 stolen bases.

Several times they left runners on bases, one time leaving them loaded. This has been a problem for the Twins in the past. Hopefully they work out the kinks as 6 of the starting lineup are new to the team this year.
Mocker
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 12:37 PM       
Quote:
Tomorrow the Twins start the 2008 season against the Anahiem Angels of Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California. Fatboy Livan Hernandez gets the opening nod for the Twins while hippy haired Jerad Weaver starts for the confused angels.
Our opening day starter was some guy named Santana. Maybe you've heard of him.

7 IP 8 K 3 H 2 ER 1 HR 2 BB
Beloved Cunt
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 05:40 PM       
You can have him. He wanted way too much money and in the end didn't want to be here in Minnesota. Besides, we've got Santana V2.0 in Fransisco Liriano.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 09:15 PM       
And we have Santana v. 0.2 in Tom "Flash" Gordon, of the 135.000 ERA

Hey, at least he's still below the Mendoza line.
Banned
layla17 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 02:35 PM       
I can't wait to see Liriano dominate this year. He's finally gonna get the spotlight.
Mocker
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 05:45 PM       
Then comes July 31 when he's pitching for Anaheim or someone.

Brian Bannister throws 7 shut out innings of 3 hit ball against probably the most stacked offense in MLB. Even with Granderson out, the Tigers should be killing the ball.
Beloved Cunt
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 10:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
Then comes July 31 when he's pitching for Anaheim or someone.
Save this quote for 2012.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 01:37 PM       
So how bout that Larry Bowa?

I'd put up the youtube link, only MLB already orderd youtube to take it down. Guess they don't like free publicity that millions of people would likely look at over the next few days until the next MLB meltdown happens.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 05:29 PM       
Hamels pitches 8 innings of 5-hit, 1-run ball and loses. I hate being a Phillies fan.
Beloved Cunt
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 05:40 PM       
Kevin Slowey gave up 3 runs in 3 1/3 innings before leaving with a strained bicep as the Angels beat the Twins for the 3rd consecutive time.

Oh man I think this season is going to be a bit frustrating.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 05:50 PM       
Hearing Cubs fans whine on the train back home yesterday was unbearable. Thank god they won today.

after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 09:17 PM       
Gee, do the Phils need some pitching? Well, I guess a win is a win, even if it's ugly.

Good News - Flash Gordon's ERA is below 35. Film at 11.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 09:36 PM       
Matt Clement is on the DL to start the season. Again.

I guess God really hates Matt Clement, and not just the Cubs.