Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 06:39 PM        Ladies and Gentlemen, I as you may have guessed, am an idiot
So funny thing happened to me on the 3rd. I was leaving the mall, and unbenowst to me i was being tailgated. I stopped at the intersection and looked both ways, the intersection is on a hill so when i took my foot off the break to shift i drifted bak 3 or 4 inches max. I heard a honk and looked back and the tailgater looked pissed. I heard no impact, felt no bump, nothing in a quite car with no radio on in a very small compact car, easy to hear right?

So on the way I asked the guys in back what the hell happened? They said that chick was tailgating us. when we drifted back she honked pretty bad cause we were close. They didn't feel a thing, not hear anything. My friend said he was in a wreck at less than 3 mph to a parked car and he heard it loud and clear and felt it too. So just to be sure i reenacted breaking ona hill so they'd all have perspective,t hey said we didn't hit her. So I went out and checked my car for scratches, nothing.

Yesterday i got something in my mail from her insurance. She called me in for hit and run and got my name. I gave a statement saying i was not drunk, we were all buckled in, and i was not on my cell phone.

She said her bumper is scratched (this being her insurance agent) and they are gonna pay for it and want to be reimbursed beit by me or my insurance (which would DOUBLE my rates) I said I'll take care of it one way or another and they said as long as they are reimbursed they won't give the cops the info for the hit and run.

So I'm either out the cost of a bumper, or I'm out an extra $400 EVERY 6 MONTHS. (keep in mind my other thread about how poor I am) But since one way or another I'll get it paid I won't get felony hit and run. And no one is injured so that's good.

Did I mention she's related to the former MO governer Bob Holden?

How do you have an accident and 4 people not know it? Did my muffler scratch her?

So..... should i report it to my insurance to protect against hit and run? Or should I just pay it and hope everything is all right?

To recap. I am a MORON!

advice?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 06:46 PM       
Get an automatic.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 06:47 PM       
I didn't even read cause I already know you're an idiot

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Chojin's Hussy
Sicktodeathmx is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 10:56 PM       
I'm with DeadKennedys

...And Jello Biafra.

Jennifer Michelle
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 11:00 PM       
There was no police report. Tell them to go suck a lemon.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 11:15 PM       
Not to mention that in almost every state, in a bumper-to-bumper accident, it's the rear person's fault.

But the statement you gave may have ruled out Russo's option.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 11:16 PM       
As an after thought, the lady is probably trying to scam you.

I had somebody try something very similar on me. Do not give them your insurance information. Let them know that insurance fraud is illegal and that you will have a police report filled to investigate them if they do not back off. Also, call your insurance company and let them know not to accept any claims because you suspect somebody will try to commit fraud.

That should get you through without requiring you to pay anything. You don't really need to file a counter police report. The lady never filled one, and if she tries to file one, you have witnesses who were in your car who can say that she is full of shit.

She probably also has a history of filing insurance claims, and that wouldn't look to good in her favor.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 03:08 PM       
Aye, agree. Don't give her ANY anything. The bitch.

I hate when people pull up on my ass on a hill. Everyone who drives a manuel knows about the drift back. You can escape it by reving your engine and accelerating fast. But it a waste of gas.

The bitch needs to be shot.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 08:19 PM       
first of all, if you have ever taken a defensive driving class (I have)

IF THE PERSON BEHIND YOU COMES IN CONTACT WITH YOU, IT IS THE PERSON BEHIND YOU'S FAULT

because you're suppose to always be a -certain distance- behind the car you're driving behind

like if you're going 10 or under, you should be 1 car length behind them. if you're going 80, you should be 8. this is to give you enough room to break incase somthing goes wrong

(chojin already mentioned this but oh well)
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 10:08 PM       
Next time your at an intersection and the car behind you looks like it belongs to a person of wealth, put the car in reverse and STEP ON THE GAS!!!!

Then sue the assholes for all the fucking wealth you can.

It's the American Way, dumbass. Start living the dream or park your fucking car and take the goddam bus.
Banned
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 11:27 PM       
that's why it's advised to break & own tailgaters. if you dont mind your insurance going up :D
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 11:36 PM       
My insurance didn't and I got a new car from it. :oops
Banned
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 08:42 AM       
god will punish you for this! you're going to hell, bitch.

VolCanon is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 01:13 PM       
She is scamming you. Give nothing and report her to the police.
Mocker
Mike is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 03:34 PM       
Hey, post the outcome ok? I wanna know if you can get away without paying or having your insurance pay.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 05:13 PM       
WHATCHU KNOW ABOUT DAT

HEY I KNOW ALL ABOUT DAT
was never good
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 05:14 PM       
noob i forgive you for lying in public about me lying in public
was never good
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 05:14 PM       
can we be buddies again
Banned
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 06:11 AM       
what when did we not become friends i regret this
Banned
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 06:12 AM       
friends :o
Woud You Like Tangerines?
Wiffle Bat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 06:42 AM       
That lady is just trying to jip you off
Not your fault, just stick with your stick-shift though. Autos are dumb ;___;
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 11:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussoNWM
As an after thought, the lady is probably trying to scam you.

I had somebody try something very similar on me. Do not give them your insurance information. Let them know that insurance fraud is illegal and that you will have a police report filled to investigate them if they do not back off. Also, call your insurance company and let them know not to accept any claims because you suspect somebody will try to commit fraud.

That should get you through without requiring you to pay anything. You don't really need to file a counter police report. The lady never filled one, and if she tries to file one, you have witnesses who were in your car who can say that she is full of shit.

She probably also has a history of filing insurance claims, and that wouldn't look to good in her favor.

Agreed. Don't give that cunt a dime, and make sure you get everything straight with the insurance company about the likelihood of her claim being fraudulent.