Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 10:43 AM        Commander in Chief Out to Lunch
"I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees."

—President Bush on ABC's Good Morning America, Sept. 1, 2005

"When I became the director of FEMA a couple of years ago, I decided it was time we did some really serious catastrophic disaster planning. So the president gave me money through our budget to do that. And we went around the country to figure out what's the best model we can do for a catastrophic disaster in this country? And we picked New Orleans, Louisiana."

Organizers said "Hurricane Pam" was based on weather and damage information developed by the National Weather Service and other agencies.

"Hurricane Katrina caused the same kind of damage that we anticipated," Brown said Wednesday. "So we planned for it two years ago. Last year, we exercised it. And unfortunately this year, we're implementing it."
-Brownie, CNN 9/2/05

"Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job."
W, 9/2/05
ima nice lady
nothing4buddha is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 12:30 PM       
Yeah, I saw that on CNN. I can't believe Bush thinks he can get away with using ignorance as an excuse. Oh wait... he is getting away with it
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 01:06 PM       
HAY GYUS HOW ABOUT THAT PRESDIDENT HE SURE IS DUMB LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 01:21 PM       
I'm not sure it's that funny at this point.
ima nice lady
nothing4buddha is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 07:24 PM       
It really isn't funny. More like pathetic.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 07:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
HAY GYUS HOW ABOUT THAT PRESDIDENT HE SURE IS DUMB LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
lol u r right there!!

george bush murdered all those people! just lik he did at 9/11 and vietnam!!

Old Sep 7th, 2005, 10:08 AM       
I always like to pull this shit off the Whitehouse's own website whenever I can, so it's straight from the Ass's mouth, as it were. This is from their own press release, and they were honest enough not to change the Presidents use of the word 'Rubbles', which is guess would be what you'd see at Barney's family reunion since the plural of rubble is rubble. But that's just LOL W IS STUPID, and not really my point. Here's the quote.

" The good news is -- and it's hard for some to see it now -- that out of this chaos is going to come a fantastic Gulf Coast, like it was before. Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house -- he's lost his entire house -- there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch. (Laughter.)

See, this is not stupidity. This is a complete inability to understand anyone or anything not outside his domain.

Trent Lott, like W is wealthy and connected. He will have no problem rebuilding and he will have no problem getting any insurance and government help he needs rebuilding. The poor of New Orleans, who had very little to begin with, will have a great deal more trpuble getting that little back. They will struggle and suffer for years to come and some, many of them will never recover. Trent Lotts loss of one of his homes is in no way comparable to what hs happened to the Gulf coast as a whole. I understand the President means to be hopeful and folksy and humerous here, not cynical and cruel and racist. He truly means to comfort, and I honor his intentions. But he doesn't understand. He's incapable of it. And when a lot of people are recovering more slowly than Trent Lott, well, heck, progress is being made. Brownie, you're doin' a heckuva job. And when a lot of people still haven't recovered a few years down the road, that'll be on someone elses watch. W will be sippin' Lemonade on Trent's proch, remenissin' bout the time he up n' saved the Big Easy.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 10:24 AM       
I guess he gets it from his Mom.

"Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them,"
Barbara Bush on the situation of evacuees in the Astrodome.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 12:16 PM       
Wait, so is she trying to imply that the poor are better off huddled in the Astrodome because of the hospitality than they were when they still had their homes and lives?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 12:24 PM       
I think the implication is that they're troopers.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 01:01 PM       
uh huh. I'm not sure I'm getting that.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 01:51 PM       
I bet they're having a whale of a time in there; throwing footballs around, camping out, roasting weenies.