Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old May 27th, 2003, 07:36 PM        New EGM with CastleVania info mailed out
I haven't looked in it yet, but it's supposed to have an article/interview regarding the new PS2 release, containing exclusive details and whatnot about the game. For those who subscribe, you should either have it, or get it soon. For those of you who dont, look for it in about a week.

Edit: I'm reading it now. Any concerns you may have about this game, forget about. The only people who WON'T be looking forward to this game are snotty little faggots. The creators studied the N64 CV games to make sure what NOT to do, which is very promising.

There's also a couple bits of info and reviews regarding some other games you might be interested in. Stay away from Unlimited Saga and Evil Dead 2. Ultimate Muscle got some solid scores, so it's worth a rental for GC owners. Go get this magazine when it comes out.

CrapOnAStick is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2003, 10:04 PM       
Quote:
Stay away from Unlimited Saga and Evil Dead 2.
I don't give a shit about Evil Dead 2, but what did Unlimited Saga get? :/

Any details on the release?
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 28th, 2003, 12:02 AM       
I think it got a 2, a 4, and a 4. The guy that gave it a 2 said something along the lines of it being everything wrong with RPGs rolled up and put into one game.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 28th, 2003, 03:33 PM       
God damnit. I was really looking foward to Unlimited Saga

Oh well, I'm excited about this new CV
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old May 28th, 2003, 04:09 PM       
I still have faith in Unlimited Saga, alot of reviewers don't know shit but of course that isn't a very good sign.

The new castlevania looks like it is going to impress, can't wait.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 28th, 2003, 08:18 PM       
Well, EGM is the best when it comes to reviews. You don't always have to agree with them (nor should you), but they're usually right on the money with their opinions.

They said things along the lines of towns are just one screen filled with menus, dungeon navigating is done through a board game-like style, so you don't have free movement, and battles are too frequent and tedious.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 28th, 2003, 09:08 PM       
Bleck

Well at least it's something sorta new from Square :/
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 30th, 2003, 11:59 PM       
They had the magazine at Barnes & Noble so I read the piece and goddamn, I think it looks like utter shit. And I'm not saying that cuz I don't like the idea of CV going 3D, I'm saying it because compared to most 3D games, I think it looks pretty damned weak. :/

At least we have the GBA games still.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:14 AM       
I heard an early impression on Gamespot say something similar... that the graphics are far from impressive and the gameplay was actually kinda dull (IIRC). I thought the pics on Konami's site looked cool, but in retrospect they were a little small to note detail. I want to see more.
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:33 AM       
We're talkin' about Lament of Innocence, right?

I'm watchin' the E3 footage again just to give it another look, and all I see is camera problems and what's basically Devil May Cry using a Castlevania mod. :/

www.gametrailers.com has the video I saw. Love this site.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 31st, 2003, 02:14 AM       
You bunch of retards need to learn how to read.

And if you LIKE those GBA pieces of shit (also known at Symphony Jr, Symphony Jr, and Symphony Jr), then go ahead. But meanwhile, I'll be enjoying a game that ADVANCES what SotN did, rather than ones that lessen it.

DMC mod my ass. I don't see this guy doing pointless backflips off the walls and firing guns at all-too-easy enemies.

As for the graphics. Like I said: Learn to fucking read. That's all I'm going to say. Once you learn how to read the article, you'll understand all about the graphics.
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old May 31st, 2003, 02:34 AM       
You take your 3D Belmonts and EGM pretty seriously. I admit I didn't read the article and I'm not going to pay $8+ CDN for an EGM, so could you summarize? I'm not against a 3D Castlevania at all - but I'd want to see one done right. I checked out the video on that link from Mr. Adventure (that shit's getting bookmarked btw) and I'm not too impressed so far... mostly at the voice acting and cut scenes though... ugh... that hurt my fucking feelings. But I'm assuming this is early so only time will tell.

Quote:
DMC mod my ass. I don't see this guy doing pointless backflips off the walls and firing guns at all-too-easy enemies.
No... I just saw this guy doing pointless double-jumps off of railings and firing spread-knives at all-too-easy skeletons.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 31st, 2003, 03:28 AM       
They've run out of centuries. This one goes back to the first ever Belmont vampire hunter and how/why he came to become one. It's really meant to flesh out why you've been rekilling Dracula for the past 20 goddam times. And it also develops how Dracula came to be. Story is good.

Subweapons can be inbused with orbs to give them new elemental and special abilities.

They studied almost every 3D game they could get their hands on to see what works, and what doesn't. They also studied the N64 games to see why they were such huge lumps of shit, and know what not to do this time.

Camera is a fixed overhead view, that pans in closer for times where you aren't fighting. That way, you can see how far enemies are, and shitty cameras won't fuck you over by not being able to see.

No numerous weapons. The whip is all you got, with exception to relics and subweapons. It can be imbued with various elemental effects at times, and will upgrade as the story progresses. Is also used Indiana Jones style to grab onto certain things so you can clicm higher or swing.

Relics are like in past games, where you need the ability to access other areas.

RPG elements are gone this time around. So no more running around in the same place for hours to get strong enough to kill a boss in one hit. This is meant to provide an actual challenge. In other words, similar to the classic games. But there are still enhancement items like health up and strength up things.

There ARE combos. You have a light attack and a hard attack, and you can mix them up and pull off combos. Combos are handled rather well, so it's not just button mashing against a mass of enemies like some other games (Dynasty Warriors).

There's puzzle solving, traps, hidden passages, etc.

5 areas of the castle: Cathedral, Laboratory, Garden, Opera House, and Dungeon. But each area is going to be very large, so you can't compare it to the 50,000 little shit areas of your latest GBA CV.

For people who like the GBA games so fucking much, you like to complain about graphics. Anyway, the next 6 months will focus on giving them a final polish, so you can't determine how it really looks until that's done. Besides, they focused on gameplay before anything. And gameplay is where it's at.

Voice acting will be in English and Japanese when it's released here. And they're just fine, because it was supervised by the head guy working on this, and done at a hollywood recording studio. If you think it sucks, it's either because it's not what will be in the final version, or because you're a fucking faggot.

PS2 exclusive.

There's liitle bits here and there, and everything makes a lot more sense when you read it in the magazine rather than my paraphrasing. So go and read the fucking magazine.
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old May 31st, 2003, 03:18 PM       
Quote:
So go and read the fucking magazine.
Nah, I don't think I'll be doing that. Sounds kinda boring. Thanks for typing all that though.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2003, 03:56 PM       
What interests me the most are these little details about the story. The first Belmont?? Very interesting.

Sonia is the oldest Belmont that we know about and that was 1465 when she was born, I can't wait to get more of the history.

Plenty of early centuries left

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 31st, 2003, 04:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtest
Thanks for typing all that though.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 31st, 2003, 09:24 PM       
Meh, whatever.

Anyway, the fact remains that this game shows a lot of promise, despite what some of you believe. I can't remember EGM ever giving a bad review to a game they published an article on (and no, it's not BECAUSE they had an article about it. EGM has the most acurate and honest reviews out of any magazine I've read).

So I'm excited about this game, and really do expect it to be worth every penny. Besides, if you can like you shrunk-down versions of Symphony, I can like the blown-up one.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2003, 09:56 PM       
I'll at least rent the new one. I mean, the series is good, and they say they fixed it from the last one. I will give it a shot, even though I didn't like the last 3D one.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old May 31st, 2003, 11:59 PM       
Fine.

You can be happy ( or unhappy ) with your shitty 3D CV and the rest of us can be happy with our 2D CV.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 12:07 AM       
Rongi speaking as educated as ever.

3D isn't the death knell of CastleVania. CV64 was just a load of shit that was plagued with problems. That doesn't mean that a 3D CV is always going to be shit. And by what this guy has said, they've made sure - at great lengths - to make sure it isn't.

Seriously, I'm more than willing to put a lot of hope into this project, after reading what they've done to make it an enjoyable game. It will do for CV what Symphony did for CV.

And no, I don't mean it will spawn a handful of hack jobs on the GBA.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 12:11 AM       
Whatever you say jamesypoo. You just don't want to admit it sucks because you desprately want a 3D CV so much and this is the only thing you can get your hands on at the moment.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 12:23 AM       
How about none of us know how it's going to be until it comes out, genius?

I'd be content with a 2D CV on the PS2. I'd be content with 2D CVs for the rest of the series (given they're actually good). But am willing to give this game a chance, and am very interested in its release.

You're just so set in your mind that things must stay the way they'd always been. I'm surprised you even like the GBA games, or Symphony, because they were so different from the NES-style CV games. It's another leap to greater things, and if you don't like it, go cry about it somewhere else.

There's a reason why your nickname is Wrongi.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 12:24 AM       
By the way, oh well educated one, how am I not educated by saying you can be happy about your shitty 3D game and the rest of us can be happy about our 2D CV game? Hmm?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 12:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesypoo
You're just so set in your mind that things must stay the way they'd always been. I'm surprised you even like the GBA games, or Symphony, because they were so different from the NES-style CV games.
Hey, if it aint broken, why fucking fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesypoo
and if you don't like it, go cry about it somewhere else.
You seem to be the only one crying about anything

Who the hell calls me Wrongi anyway?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 12:27 AM       
Jamesman, you're acting like a little bitch. I felt it was my duty to inform you of this.

That was very funny. Well done.