Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 05:49 AM        My Favorite Christmas Movie Assholes
Automatically generated comment thread for My Favorite Christmas Movie Assholes.
Last of the Time Lords
Doctor_Who is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 06:57 AM       
Awesome list! Especially Scut Farkus. The beating of a child never generated such glee in the annals of movie history.

But how could you possibly leave out Mr. Potter from It's a Wonderful Life? He's the guy who probably inspired half the people on this list! Mrs. Deagle is a direct homage to him! He's so well remembered as the quintessential Christmas asshole that 70 years later SNL made a sketch that consisted entirely of him getting his ass kicked!

Other's I might have included would be:
*Mr. Shirley from Christmas Vacation (though you already did a sweet review of that film)

*Marty from Ernest Saves Christmas (he actually has Santa arrested!)

*Tim Curry in Home Alone 2 (he does a perfect immitation of the Grinch's evil grin)

*Voldar from Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (horrible movies have assholes too)

*Blackadder from Blackadder's Christmas Carol (The anti-Scrooge. He starts out nice and turns into one major asshole)
Julio is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 07:18 AM       
When it comes to the people you listed, Ted Maltin is probably one of the most obnoxious guys out there.

Also, I agree with Doctor Who about Tim Curry as Mr. Hector in Home Alone 2. That bastard deserved more than just a slap in the face.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 09:17 AM       
Nice! Btw, I don't know if you know this or not, but Rose Deagle of Gremlins actual was worse than just wanting to kill the dog. A deleted scene showed that she was buying up homes in the town to build a nuclear power plant. The scene had Kate finding and showing Billy a map of the houses Deagle planned to buy up - and Billy's was next in line.

Oh yeah, and I totally agree with Potter. The guy actually (and quite unsubtly) YAWNS when Bailey's giving a speech in defense of his old man. Brilliant!
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 09:49 AM       
Margo & Todd Chester from X-mas vacation (the neighbors). They remind me of the epitome of 80's assholes with their modern homes and CD players.

Was anyone aware that a second one was made - Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure.
seesawbooy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 02:51 PM       
The actor who play the wimpy husband in The Ref lives in my town. He's probably the closest to a famous person I've met besides a few people from the Avenue Q musical.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 03:12 PM       
Ted Maltin was my favorite thing about Jingle All The Way, an otherwise generic family cmedy.
What about the Heat Miser? That guy was a real douche.
The Magnificent Bastard
Tetsu Deinonychus is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 05:01 PM       
I second Dr. Who's suggestion! Mr. Potter, the original X-mas movie asshole would be great on this list.

I'd also like to suggest the Burgermeister Meisterburger from "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".
Drunken_Lemur408 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 07:17 PM       
How about the guy who tried to prove Santa legally insane from Miracle on 34th Street? I can't remember his name.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 09:32 PM       
I loved it when Kevin Spacey told her what she was going to get next Christmas.
Fanboy
Purple Man is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 11:39 PM       
Came here for Frank Cross. Was not disappointed.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 01:16 AM       
Back in high school. My School put on a production of "A Christmas Story". I ended up playing Scut Farkas for 3 of the five shows. During one performance we put on for some kids coming in from a few neighbouring elementary schools, we got to that whole Ralphie beats Scut scene. Well, during that part, the script called for me to give him a facewash (using some snow from a recent snowfall that happened around that time). Well, the dude who handed me the snowball had packed it way too tight, almost an iceball but not quite. So i ended up busting his nose open (Blood on the stage, his costume, some unfortunate children sitting up front). I guess most of the kids thought that it was part of the show because we got some claps and cheers as he stood there, looking pissed off with blood running down his face. So we finish the scene, and i go backstage. And i notice the stage manager panicking over the spilt blood and the poor guy playing Ralphie not realizing that he had been bleeding for the past minute and a half.

Good times, Good times.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 10:09 PM       
I was hoping for MS. Crock from Screwed.

She was stone cold. She almost sucked out Norm McDonald's soul and made him wear his dead father's tux(which she took off his dead body during his burial).
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 07:13 PM       
Scut Farkus is a name that simply screams asshole.
Rom Translator
NeoGunKuruma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 08:55 AM       
Scut Farkus, ah yes the asshole everyone loves to hate.
Probably why it was so funny when the got the everloving crap beat out of them.
1.21 Gigawatts!!!
McFly is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 09:47 AM       
You can go with the abominable snowman from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. However, like most bad guys he was misunderstood. After a simple dental operation, he was nice as can be.
Greasy Bacon of Villany
porkboy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 06:56 PM       
Judge Reinhold spends a lot of time trying to convince Scott Calvin that he's not Santa and trying to indoctrinate Calvin's son in not believing in something that we as the audience clearly know is true.
Who? Me?
0dd1 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 09:41 PM       
Hey, how about the mayor from "The Year Without a Santa Claus"? How that man can honestly be in charge of a town is beyond me!

Or nearly every character in "Rudolph's Shiny New Year"--what sick 'tard has the nerve to laugh at a baby?!?? I mean, sure, his ears are the size of the Hubble telescope, but would you want someone laughing at YOUR deformities?!?? Huh?!?? Would'ja?!??!?? If you ask me, Rudolph shouldn't've gone rescuing Happy--let those jerks stay stuck in 1976!!!!!!

Heck, even the prosecutor (or maybe he was one of the cops; forgot his name, anyway) from "Santa Jr." Not only does he try to have Santa's son imprisoned, but he has the nerve to act like a stereotypical middle school shy kid when on a date with that lawyer woman (forgot her name too)! I mean, really--he was just so cheesy with that date. It's laughable, but not intentional comedy.
Big Red Cat
Roggs is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 01:13 AM       
The oversight of Mr. Potter from It's a Wonderful Life renders this list null and void.

I'd also tack on the Abominable Snowman and Joe Pesci in Home Alone.
The Ugly Puckling
Graystreet is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 03:37 PM       
What about Culkin from the same film? The two burglars are just trying to make a living, he ruins their lives over objects when he comes from a wealthy family that could easily replace them.

They go to France for Christmas, that's the whole plot of the movie, if you decide to fly to a creepy european place for Christmas, something bad is likely to happen. I've seen Hostel, obviously, they hadn't, but I have.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 05:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Who View Post
Awesome list! Especially Scut Farkus. The beating of a child never generated such glee in the annals of movie history. But how could you possibly leave out Mr. Potter from It's a Wonderful Life?
Believe it or not, I've never seen "It's a Wonderful Life"... just bits and pieces of it here 'n there. I know it's a classic 'n all, but it's just one of those movies I've never gotten around to seeing. So yeah, that's why Mr. Potter wasn't included on my list. I was simply listing my personal favorites from the Christmas movies I've seen.

Thanks for the comments though everybody, glad you enjoyed the list!
Big Red Cat
Roggs is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 10:50 PM       
Quote:
The two burglars are just trying to make a living, he ruins their lives over objects when he comes from a wealthy family that could easily replace them.
I think Kevin (Culkin) thought they were after him. Which they pretty much were (they had to do SOMETHING with him, after all; they didn't bother with masks, so it stands to reason that they were probably going to kill him anyway).
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 12:44 AM       
Actually, Pesci was less of an asshole than his partner in crime, Daniel Stern. Daniel's character was all about leaving a "calling card" at every house they robbed. So what does he do? He clogged people's kitchen sink drains and left the water running in hopes that the name "The Wet Bandits" would catch on. Robbing people is one thing, but giving them all that water damage on top of it for no real reason? Now that's pretty assholish... even Pesci's character thought so.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 04:42 AM       
Wet Bandits
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 01:10 AM       
Of all the Home Alone characters mentioned, no one mentioned Uncle Frank or Buzz.