Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 06:37 PM       
oh yeah can we get the article online?

Sergeant_Tibbs is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 09:01 PM       
Try this; http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?050124fa_fact
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 03:33 PM       
My best friend is a 13Bravo in the Massachusetts National Guard.
For those who don't know, they play with cannons.

He was told that his unit might be activated and attached to part of the Utah National Guard that needs 13Bravos for an upcoming assignment in the middle east.

He kept saying "I think I'm going to Iraq."
I told him he's not.

He's going to Iran.
(He'll find this out officially in the beginning of February.)
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 03:56 PM       
Even though I know that Iran is next, it's something I don't fully understand: Why? I know why Bush says they're a threat, but I want to know the real deal- what do we stand to gain, and why does that jackass think it's worth the gamble?
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 05:29 PM       
1. Oil
2. 'Nuclear Threat'
3. Oil
4. Oil
5. Another middle-eastern country with American influence.
6. Oil
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Sieko is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 05:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by davinxtk
1. Oil
2. 'Nuclear Threat'
3. Oil
4. Oil
5. Another middle-eastern country with American influence.
6. Oil
Winner.

That would be the only reason.

Or that bush is just an ass and likes to kill brown people?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 07:57 PM       
Because God TOLD him to, that's why. What kind of American are you?
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 07:59 PM       
A canadian thanks.

AMERICA SUCKS!
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:02 PM       
Canada is in America.
Will chop you good.
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:13 PM       
Even Britain is not hip to military action in Iran. If Bush goes for this one, he's going it alone.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...452781,00.html

The Sunday Times - World

January 23, 2005

Straw snubs US hawks on Iran
JACK STRAW has drawn up a dossier putting the case against a military attack on Iran amid fears that President George W Bush’s administration may seek Britain’s backing for a new conflict.

Straw and his officials fear that hawks in Washington will talk the American president into a strike against Iran’s nuclear facilities, just as they persuaded him to go to war in Iraq.

The foreign secretary has produced a 200-page dossier that rules out military action and makes the case for a “negotiated solution” to curbing the ayatollahs’ nuclear ambitions amid increasingly bellicose noises from Washington.

He will press home the point at a meeting with Condoleezza Rice, the incoming secretary of state, at a meeting in Washington tomorrow.

The document says a peaceful solution led by Britain, France and Germany is “in the best interests of Iran and the international community”. It refers to “safeguarding Iran’s right to the peaceful use of nuclear technology”.

The dossier, entitled Iran’s Nuclear Programme, was quietly issued in the Commons on the eve of Bush’s inauguration last week for fear of provoking a public rift with Washington — although privately tensions are running high between the two nations.

The approach contrasts with the government’s two Iraq dossiers, which were trumpeted to make the case for war.

US agents have tried to locate suspected nuclear sites in Iran, according to a report last week by Seymour Hersh, the investigative journalist who broke the Abu Ghraib prison torture scandal.

British officials are increasingly concerned that months of patient European-led diplomacy may explode in a torrent of bunker-busting attacks by US stealth bombers. There is also concern in London that the Pentagon may be ordered to act on the basis of its flawed intelligence, while British agents on the ground believe Iran is complying with nuclear inspectors.

Fears in London of an attack were fuelled when Dick Cheney, the American vice-president, said that Iran was “top of the list” as a trouble spot for the administration. Rice said it was an “outpost of tyranny”.

The message that the British government wants no part in another war in the Middle East will be reinforced by Tony Blair when he meets Bush in Brussels next month and at an Anglo-American summit in Washington after the British general election, which is expected in May.

The foreign secretary’s dossier sets out in detail the work of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) since Iran signed up to an agreement 15 months ago.

Despite his confidence in the negotiations, which have been frustrated by setbacks, IAEA minutes published in his dossier show that the agency believes that all declared nuclear material has been accounted for.

However, minutes of a key meeting last November show that “the agency is not yet in a position to conclude there are no undeclared nuclear materials or activities in Iran”.

The minutes go on: “In view of the past undeclared nature of significant aspects of Iran’s nuclear programme, and its past pattern of concealment, however, this conclusion can be expected to take longer than in normal circumstances.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now we look at the possibility of another invasion, and, without Britain, I don't think we'll have much of a 'coalition.'
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708
Canada is in America.
Canada is part of NORTH america, which i think is an insult
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:22 PM       
The US is also a part of North America, you know.
Will chop you good.
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:28 PM       
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/inte...fm?id=62282005

British commanders fear reaction to American aggression

TIM RIPLEY

REPORTS of an increasingly hard-line US policy towards Iran are starting to worry British generals and diplomats, who fear the 9,650-strong UK garrison in southern Iraq would be targeted by Tehran in retaliation to any strike by the Bush administration.

The allegations of US covert operations inside Iran have added to the worries in Whitehall that the stand-off with Tehran over its nuclear ambitions could be moving into a more dangerous phase.

Last summer’s capture of eight Royal Marines by Iranian Revolutionary Guards off southern Iraq has convinced many senior British officers and diplomats that any increase in tension with Iran would result in ‘blow back’ against British forces in Iraq. The marines were eventually released unharmed but it later emerged that Iranian gunboats entered Iraqi territorial waters to abduct the marines’ patrol boats.

Revolutionary Guard naval forces conducted the operation, apparently on the orders of hard-line Mullahs, causing tension within the Tehran government which had been trying to cultivate the Europeans as a counter-weight to the Americans. "We now think the Iranians were sending us a signal," said one British officer. "They were saying, if you get too close to the Americans we can make life very difficult for you and you will pay a price."

Foreign Office sources are particularly worried that the departure of Colin Powell from the Bush administration has left the neo-conservatives in control of US foreign policy in Washington. British intelligence sources are becoming worried that the Iranians will employ a strategy to strike back at US interests and its allies across the Middle East.

Here, the role of the large Shia population in southern Iraq will be crucial and this could make life very uncomfortable for the British garrison in the Basra region.

Until now the Shia of southern Iraq have generally been co-operative with British forces, but the fear is that Tehran could activate "sleeper" cells to launch an all- out guerrilla war.

There were credible reports that last summer Tehran concentrated troops along the border with Iraq in response to US sabre-rattling over the nuclear issue, raising the possibility that Iran might try to seize Iraqi territory.
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjalne
The US is also a part of North America, you know.
Whish is why i find it insulting, Quick are we?
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:34 PM       
Hey, I was just wondering why you were protesting when Ant said Canada is in America.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:18 PM       
Canadians hate to be called American because they are better than us in every way.
Stak is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 04:25 PM       
Indeed

I mean, come on, they have maple syrup, hockey, and Dan Aykroyd, what else could you want?
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:07 PM       
The entire Idead for Bush going after oil seemed a joke to me at first but now I'm really seeing it as true. Think about it, Iraq, next Iran why not go after korea the country with an active nuclear development plan? Answer: Theres no oil in Korea
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:41 PM       
I don't think it's all about oil for a lot of the Neocons, although it's critical.

It goes like this.

A.) Our friends are all as rich as hell from the oil bidness.
Therefore
B.) America is never getting off the oil tit if we can help it.
C.) Democracies are a good place to do bidness. Even better than friendly dictatorships (see saudi arabia) on account of they can go south very suddenly (see Iran) and even the ugly fanatical people you prop up can chage sides (see afghanistan)
D.) Democracy is the bestest most natural form of government, especially if a totally unregulated free market (see haliburton) can run it. All people want this form of democrcay and if they're current governments are toppled it will happen because that's the way things naturally go, especially if our military and opur bidness is there to make it happen.
E.) This process is infallible.
So
F.) The Iraq fuck up is just a temporary aboration, not really that bad, going to be fine as soon as they have elections and certainly not the fault of the above process, because as we said, it's infallible.
So
G.) On to Iran and then Syria.

Now it's also true that Iran may well be working really hard on a nuclear weapons program. If I was Iran, I'd sure as hell be working on it, because we'd be coming even if they didn't. It's part of the plan, and just about the only thing Iran can do to stop it is get some Nuckear weapons. Ironic, huh?
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 12:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
The Iraq fuck up is just a temporary aboration
For a second, I thought you said "abortion"
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 05:47 PM       
Word on the street is that this is all a front and that we're going to sell chemical weapons to technology to Iran in order to subdue our mortal enemies, the insurgents, in Iraq. Brilliant! Stay tuned! This may take 15+ years to be effective.

Wherever you go, there you are.

FurankuS is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 06:35 PM        I've figured out Bush's strategy!
From my intelligence, it would seem that as long as Bush keeps one soldier in each territory, he can still gather resources from it. I just hope that Iran doesn't roll too many 6s!

EDIT: D'oh! I forgot the most important part! Since Bush already has an infantry card, cavalry card, artillery card, AND wild card, if he can take Iran then he's guaranteed extra troops. He just has to watch out for that blasted Kamchatka...

Russian bastards.
Gommi is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 11:56 AM       
Bush being the cororate tool that he is wants nothing more then to gain a tighter hold on the world. Spread capitalism and shit. His lies of freedom and liberty of the middle Eastern citizens are sickening, and the media does his bidding. Now he's targeting Iran. Well this is imperialism alright. If he truly wanted peace, then diplomacy is the only way to go (but that isn't the American way)
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 12:10 PM       
Furankus, I bet your secret mission is to make everybody laugh
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 06:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommi
Bush being the cororate tool that he is wants nothing more then to gain a tighter hold on the world. Spread capitalism and shit. His lies of freedom and liberty of the middle Eastern citizens are sickening, and the media does his bidding. Now he's targeting Iran. Well this is imperialism alright. If he truly wanted peace, then diplomacy is the only way to go (but that isn't the American way)
Alright, whose fucking character is this?