Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 03:10 AM       
I can't think of a single liberal news broadcast that is as widely-watched, agenda-bearing, and that claims to be non-biased as FOX News. Fuck, I can't think of a single staunchly liberal news broadcast, period.
aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 03:55 AM       
I really don't watch that much news.
Chojin, you should read stuff...

"Unfortunately for you, I paid more attention to Andrew Jackson and James Madison than George Carlin."

Im sorry I tend to pay more attention to people I relate to, rather then dead 18th century presidents who are partly responsible for the Indian burial grounds supposly located a few miles away from where I live. i don't see how that makes me unfortunate.

"Having been active duty Navy during the Afghanistan campaign, I can tell you, noone in the service called it a war. "

I never said anything about afganistan. but I bet you wouldn't have made that statement if you have had the experience of an AKM being pointed at your head.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 04:59 AM       
This has been bothering me; Bobo Adobo here is not the Bobo Adobo from ezboard who became Les Waste here, right?
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 06:16 AM       
Liberal ? Try Dan Abrams on MSNBC. He does that whole devils advocate thing but he's a big time unapologetic liberal. And toupe' wearer.

Anyway, that was thee worst Bush speech ever. The media on all channels were beaming with how amazing it was, but it was just a poor State of the Union with a fancy balloon drop, and some Kerry slander.

Kerry's response was equally as poor.
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 11:11 AM       
"Kerry isn't a left wing; he's centre." - chimp

Kerry has the most liberal voting record in the senate....that makes him left wing..

"The fact that they're not into pissing on their allies?" - chimp

We're not. We were defending ourselves and ridding the world of a tyrant. Anyone who consider this to be pissing on them is not an ally of mine.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 11:27 AM       
Quote:
Kerry has the most liberal voting record in the senate....that makes him left wing..
He's socially liberal and fiscally conservative. That makes him centre.

Quote:
We're not. We were defending ourselves and ridding the world of a tyrant. Anyone who consider this to be pissing on them is not an ally of mine.
Q. Which countries ended up being right about the WMD?
A. All of the countries that refused to fight in Iraq without UN approval.

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 11:46 AM       
Kerry is NOT fiscally conservative.

Anyway, if he was what you said that would make him a libertarian....and he's nowhere near...

"Q. Which countries ended up being right about the WMD?
A. All of the countries that refused to fight in Iraq without UN approval." - Chimp

That is so completely ignorant it's amazing.

U.N. resolution 1441 blows your statement out of the water.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 12:28 PM       
If he used that resolution as justification AND garnered UN support with it, then your point would be valid. As it was a weak point, he went with the more sensationalist WMD ploy which did not work either except for a few desperate countries in need of our $$$ and support.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 12:29 PM       
Resolution 1441 only says "Iraq must let inspectors have unrestricted access to everything," not "Let's go fight 'em!!!!"

You can read it here: http://www.un.int/usa/sres-iraq.htm

The U.S. and the U.K. insisted that based on that resolution alone, an invasion was legitimized. Everyone else said that a second resolution needed to be passed to authorize a war, but France stated that it would veto anything that called for an immediate attack as opposed to another waiting period. Therefore the U.S. and the U.K. moved ahead anyway without a second resolution that would have brought everyone aboard.

Either way, all of the countries that were in favour of waiting for more inspections to avoid a war or were skeptical of the "evidence" ended up being correct.

conus is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 12:59 PM       
Quote:
He is a part of what passes for a center in this country. There is no left wing in America. In a way there's no center either, since the universe seems to revolve around each individual American.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 01:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Either way, all of the countries that were in favour of waiting for more inspections to avoid a war or were skeptical of the "evidence" ended up being correct.
But a MADMAN was defeated ergo your reasoning is void. Completely destroyed. Annihilated.
hawaiian mage is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 11:08 PM       
For those still wondering about what the "liberal media" is I've found a good example.

It's pretty biased. My grandmother painted the cover.

EvilConserative#1 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 10:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Kerry isn't a left wing; he's centre.
WOW YOUR HEAD IS REALLY STUCK UP YOUR ASS .
I hope you where being funny/sarcastic .

Look at Kerry's voting record and then say that again with a staight face . That is a triple dog dare!!!!
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 10:22 AM       
Quote:
He is a part of what passes for a center in this country. There is no left wing in America. In a way there's no center either, since the universe seems to revolve around each individual American.
I consider pretty much all of you to be right wing, if that helps.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 02:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilConserative#1
WOW YOUR HEAD IS REALLY STUCK UP YOUR ASS .
I hope you where being funny/sarcastic .

Look at Kerry's voting record and then say that again with a staight face . That is a triple dog dare!!!!
Man, with triple dog dares, who can't help but to take you seriously?

Let me guess. All democrats are left, and all republicans are right, so if you consistantly vote for democrats, you are a liberal, regardless of the current competition or what these people stand for. Am I following?
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 12:18 AM       
"I really don't watch that much news."

And apparantly you don't care much about history. I'm strangely curious what your interest is in exactly.

"Im sorry I tend to pay more attention to people I relate to. . ."

I apologise if the author of the Supreme Law of the Land and the Bill of Rights is too 'dated' for you.

"i don't see how that makes me unfortunate. "

No, but then you wouldn't, would you?

"I never said anything about afganistan. but I bet you wouldn't have made that statement if you have had the experience of an AKM being pointed at your head."

Well, at least you are consistant. Your judge of character is as debased as your knowledge of American history. Especially considering you know absolutely nothing of my rate or assignment. Granted, operating out of a P-3 observation craft over Afghanistan is a different sort of risk than the man on the field faces, but I don't think very many would say it is any less. CTs earn their stripes too.

Afganistan is an egagement more comparible with our last few decades of military activity than any of the real Wars this nation has engaged in. Like Iraq, it is also a 'low intensity conflict.'
aka Don Henley
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 03:55 AM       
"And apparantly you don't care much about history. I'm strangely curious what your interest is in exactly."

What I meant by that, was that I read the news.

"I apologise if the author of the Supreme Law of the Land and the Bill of Rights is too 'dated' for you."

What is with these assumptions? I didn't say anything about Madison or Jackson being old or dated. I didn't even say anything about James Madison. My statement refered more to the hypocracy this country was founded on, and how a comedian is actually more insightful to me than some dead president, who happens grace the 20$ bill, that was responcible for the removal of many indians. I also didn't say what was going on in afganistan was a war.

And if what your refering to is a P-3 Orion, then I do know somewhat of your assignment is. And frankly, from what I know, it isn't shit compared to what many soldiers have faced in places like Fallujah have had to deal with.
aka Don Henley
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 03:57 AM       
why can't we edit our posts?
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 06:33 PM       
http://mostliberalsenator.blogspot.com/

...and "imperialism" isn't necessarily dependent on physically occupying a territory or enclosing it within borders. The US can impose it's will on other countries, and it does whenever necessary or even sometimes expedient. This happens regardless of any one country's national interest. To say we're not imperialistic because to be so is to be like Europe in Africa, physically there and overtly running the show, is to deny that Europe still has a high degree of represented interest in Africa.

The Third World is always looking down the barrel of someone's gun. The barrels have only gotten longer.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 08:27 PM       
Brother, this is growing stale. I'm not going to knock down every strawman you toss at me. I think I've bloody well thrashed your American Empire idea, and pointed out the distinct difference between a war and conflict, and historically speaking which is which in regards to US envolvement. Thus stated, this is my last response on this topic to you as I did not enter into this for the sake of making idle conversation and will not continue ad infinitum.

"What I meant by that, was that I read the news."

Information without context is dangerous indeed, for it serves no purpose but the perpetuation of propaganda. If you want to gain a handle on current events, you must first garner an appreciation of history.

"I didn't say anything about Madison or Jackson being old or dated."

But you did infer you could not relate to them. The comment you made concerning the period of their deaths suggested you did see their efforts and beliefs as dated. Words have meaning, I suggest you say what you mean in the future if you wish to avoid similar 'misunderstandings.'

"And if what your refering to is a P-3 Orion, then I do know somewhat of your assignment is."

I greatly doubt that, but I will say this: Before that soldier hit the fields of fire, I was there first assisting in gathering the information what would inevitably be turned into the targets he would hit.

"And frankly, from what I know, it isn't shit compared to what many soldiers have faced in places like Fallujah have had to deal with."

Maybe, maybe not. Without CTs, incidents like Falluja would have been much, much worse. Standoffs could have been massacres. In any case, while I'm glad to see some respect for real citizens from civilians like yourself, you're still misguided in assuming any condescension towards any enlisted personnel. Even rear pogues supervising basketball matches for MWR are doing their part, and whether their positions are logistical, tactical, direct support or peripheral doesn't matter one iota.

conus is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 09:38 PM       
Quote:
I've bloody well thrashed your American Empire idea, and pointed out the distinct difference between a war and conflict
I doubt those distinctions are appreciated by the parents of children killed by American bombs.
aka Don Henley
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 11:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rorschach
Thus stated, this is my last response on this topic to you as I did not enter into this for the sake of making idle conversation and will not continue ad infinitum.
Don't be such a party pooper. You haven't "bloody well thrashed" anything. Your statments really haven't gone beyonf pretentiousness.