Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 04:52 PM        Advice on MIDI/audio interface?
Hi guys! A lot of you here seem to be into making music with computers, so I figured I'd ask here first.

Can anybody reccomend a good MIDI/audio interface, either USB or Firewire that works on a G3 Mac with OSX 10.3.9?

What I intend to do is sequence and record my KORG M3R and Korg MicroKORG (and hopefully either a Yamaha TG500 or E-MU Proteus 2000 depending on this email I get) from energyXT 2.5. Oh, I might want to send MIDI to my BOSS DR-550 as well, but I might actually just sell that (I got it for $15, kinda got what I paid for, semi-tinny sounds, badass sequencer but no MIDI out, etc...).

Audio isn't really that big of a deal because my Mac's mic port is actually a Line-In so it doesn't sound THAT bad, but the MIDI part is crucial because for some reason my M-Audio MIDISPORT Uno is not sending MIDI output, only receiving, and a look at the forums told me that this is a problem with the product itself. I don't think I'd need anything more than a 1X1 MIDI interface, because all my gear has MIDI THRU ports.

Has anyone had any experience with the TASCAM US-144? It looks to be exactly what I need, but I've never dealt with TASCAM products before so I'd like to check before I buy.

Thank you!