Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 09:13 AM       
I don't frown upon it.

Do you not even know what the word 'all' means? How is anyone supposed to communicate with you, let lone argue. How are you going to 'wrap' anything around 'unatrural' if you don't even know what 'all' means?
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 08:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf
It is frowned upon by all people and practiced by an extreme minority of humans because it is....

unnatural.

Wrap your brain around a word.
Really? So I suppose cars are frowned upon as well? And the internet?
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 09:24 PM       
Maybe I misread your response, Kulturkampf but it seems to me that the examples you raise give credence to the idea that sexualities are at least partially socially constructed. If the lack of a homosexual sex taboo results in an apparent increase in homosexual behavior we can conclude that the exhibition (if not the genesis) of such behavior is influenced in part by social norms. (If you are interested I can look up scholarly articles for you regarding societies that are almost exclusively homosexual save for procreative sex)

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 05:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf
It is frowned upon by all people and practiced by an extreme minority of humans because it is....

unnatural.

Wrap your brain around a word.
Really? So I suppose cars are frowned upon as well? And the internet?
Cars are not naturally occurring, but they are created tools and objects by humans that serve express purposes.

It is not natural to be born without legs or to be born blind, it is not normal; some sort of error occurred in the birth. However, would you say that it was natural?

In the broadest sense, it is anatural birth; but it is not a natural, normal, and healthy baby by any stretch.

Machines and humans are entirely different.

(and I am the pinkest flamingo)

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 05:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrida
Maybe I misread your response, Kulturkampf but it seems to me that the examples you raise give credence to the idea that sexualities are at least partially socially constructed. If the lack of a homosexual sex taboo results in an apparent increase in homosexual behavior we can conclude that the exhibition (if not the genesis) of such behavior is influenced in part by social norms. (If you are interested I can look up scholarly articles for you regarding societies that are almost exclusively homosexual save for procreative sex)
]

Sexuality is partiallyc onstructed in the sense that in some societies promiscuity is condoned, and others is not; ti is also constructed as far as in some societies boy fucking is considered proper and fine, but i others it is not.

But even in Greek and Afghani cutlure, which had/have rich heritage in boy-fucking, literal homosexuality between man and man, not man and boy, is forbidden and punishable by ddeat in afghanistan and was punishable with forfeiture of all citizenship in Greece.

Facts are facts, and as a pink flamingo I only adhere to facts.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 09:24 AM       
I don't frown upon it.

Do you not even know what the word 'all' means? How is anyone supposed to communicate with you, let lone argue. How are you going to 'wrap' anything around 'unatrural' if you don't even know what 'all' means?

So... are you pro boy fucking?