Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 08:08 AM       
hahaha
40 pound box of rape?
Creepy-critters is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 01:57 AM       
I found the atmosphere, like Bioshock (I think Schmidt mentioned it) totally enthralling and engrossing. The story was average, compared to the previous fallouts, but the more sidequests you do the more fleshed out it becomes. The character models were good looking, until they fucking MOVED, at which point they had all the dexterity and range of motion of Johnny 5. The enviroments would have been fantastic, had it not been for the omnipresent anti-aliasing issues the PS3 version was plagued with.

The voice acting for a lot of the characters was admissible, but there was a good few that were absolutely ridiculous (Excellent....EXCELLENT).

I did however enjoy the wide variety of weapons, that while a lot of standard fare for FPS games, all seemed to be different. I definately favoured my combat shotgun and Fat man. They served me well throughout the course of the game

Thankfully,
Spoilers!

Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 06:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Sadly, today games are made by people who´s job it is to make games. Not people who make games, because they love to play games. I know I am a Golden-Time-Troll but: Those times are indeed over and they´ll never come back. The time from the late 80s to the mid 90s were great, may they rest in piece and dignity.
Xbox Live Arcade and Wiiware will beg to differ
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 06:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland View Post
Finished the game a couple days ago (main story). Have 670 of the achievement points currently. Got it on 360 and PC. Both have the same achievements sadly.
I'm just wondering why you would double buy a game especially at the same time.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 06:49 PM       
My mom is dropping off my collector's edition (and everything else that I had delivered there) tomorrow so I'm gonna be gone for a while

That was very funny. Well done.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 05:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708 View Post
Xbox Live Arcade and Wiiware will beg to differ
I think it´s not really the same. The whole feel to Videogames was different back then, the carpets were different and of course, I was a kid back then.
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 08:39 PM       
I think it's because the industry, like most entertainment industries went uber-professional starting in the late 90's. Very similar to what happened in radio and in a different way, wrestling. Overseriousness and greed.
Escape will make me god.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 03:14 AM       
I am fucking loving this game.

The Wolf
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 03:20 AM       
I just waltzed into megaton and blew the sheriff's head off and it slowly rolled down the hill

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 04:06 AM       
on my second playthru i'm trying to kill everyone who is killable

killed so far: vault 101, megaton (individually, not the lazy way), tenpenny tower
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 02:31 PM       
I've played 30 hours, and still haven't done the first storyline mission in Megaton.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 06:16 PM       
this game is awwwweeeesome

i just wish it had more perks and other fun stuff.

this game is pretty much oblivion with guns ;/ but i like it way more than oblivion...
Nexus 7 Prototype
Old Nov 11th, 2008, 10:42 AM       
You can't level beyond 20 right? Or is that just the end of new perks?
Escape will make me god.
The Wolf
Old Nov 11th, 2008, 01:36 PM       
It caps at 20. This game has taken over my life

Custom User Title
sjmck is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 09:13 PM       
Mutants keep killing my dog, man. Unless Bethesda offers up some dog armor DLC, I might have to play Fable 2 instead. I understand the Fable dog is more durable.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 09:36 PM       

SHUT UP, GARY
The Wolf
Old Nov 14th, 2008, 03:35 AM       
Yeah, dog meat dies whenever I take a shortcut in the wastes and he runs into an enemy that he can't handle on the way over to me. He's generally pretty resilient, but the mutated bears and giant radscorpions can take him out if given enough time.

Also, my guy is a fucking tank now. The first time I ran into a mutated bear, I was dead in like two hits, but now I blow their fucking heads off in like two shots from my "terrible shotgun." I love these special weapons. I'm wearing a hood and outcast power armor from oasis and using a special sniper rifle and shotgun as my main weapons. The flamer, shishkebab, nuka-nades and missle launcher are also reeeeally powerful.

Nexus 7 Prototype
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 11:10 PM       
Deathclaws are still a pain in the ass. The only thing that is guaranteed to mess em up in one hit is the Fat Man. The Gatling Laser isn't too bad against em though.
Escape will make me god.
The Wolf
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 11:11 PM       
I torch em with the flamer. That or a couple shots to the face with the terrible shotgun.

Athletic Supporter
Battle Net Edition is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 11:37 PM       
I'm not the only one who didn't give a shit about the main plot, right?
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 12:13 AM       
I usually shoot Deathclaws in both legs with the dart gun, then take my sweet time shooting them in the face.
drifting in the void
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 02:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I usually shoot Deathclaws in both legs with the dart gun, then take my sweet time shooting them in the face.
It´s enough to shoot them anywhere once, the dartgun always cripples both legs on living enemies, no matter where you hit.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 03:28 AM       
my first playthrough i only ever saw ONE deathclaw, and it wasn't even hostile to me
drifting in the void
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 03:55 AM       
Oh, there´s a whole town full of them. But thanks to the incredibly stupid looking Dartgun, Animals and Deathclaws are no problem anymore (those ARE the most dangerous enemies in the game. Mirelurks, Yao Gauis and Deathclaws).
The Wolf
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 04:54 AM       
I hadn't seen a deathclaw until the one in the cage at raven's rock. Now I see them every now and then. They're fun to kill!