Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drev is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 11:30 PM        The Watchmen are comming
http://watchmenmovie.com/

I've been meaning to read the comic, but I always keep passing it up at the bookstore.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 11:37 PM       
i swear to god if this movie is anything like league...

but william h macy is the best god damn choice for rorschach ever. macy is perfect at playing sympathetic characters
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 11:04 AM       
The Macy rumors are true? Don't be teasing me, honey.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 02:41 PM       
Macy's one of my favorite actors of all time.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 03:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjalne
The Macy rumors are true? Don't be teasing me, honey.
god i hope they are. i would cum all over myself if i saw him in the end product
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 03:32 AM       
I just finsihed reading the whole watchmen book.

Holy shit that was awesome.

There is no way in hell they could probably set this in 2005. It better be in 1985 like the comic during the cold war because at tat time our reaction to the "alien" attack wouuld be exactly like that, but in '05 they'd consider it some time of terrorist attack. It's be like Super 9/11.

ANd Rongi is right about Macy as the best pick for Rorschach. It'll be weird to see his mask in motion. :o

I'll probably get hurt for this one, but Kirten Dunst from Spider-Man would be great playing Laurie. :/

I've heard some rumors about the movie. One I heard they might change it from a monster attack to a laser built by Veidt that just kills organisms but doesn't harm buldings or electronical devices. But the worst I heard is that they want to PC it by having them stop Veidt before the evnt occurs and the people are safe. If that happens I will throw my shit at the screen like an ape.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 05:33 AM       
I don't see any way this could work. To me, Watchmen is one book that can't work in any other format than comic book, because it relies so on the standards set in comics series of, I guess, 60s through 80s, and then fucks them up in your head with real life problems like drugs, sex, rape, violence, cancer, nuclear war and so on. Audiences would never take a character like a pot-bellied Nite Owl serious until he was either screwed up like Joel Schumacher's Batman or just made handsome and young. Even if the director and writers would give the original material the respect it deserves, I don't believe any studio boss ever would.

The conclusion is definitely the best part of the book, but it's so tragic and dualistic that nobody would dare film it.

OK, let me rephrase my point: I don't think Watchmen can't work as a movie - I just think the possibility of doing it justice in today's film industry is so close to impossible that you might as well assume it will suck.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 03:35 AM       
I was reading the official watchmen movie board out of boredom, and someone said that Bruce Campbell should play The Comedian. That gould be awesome. Some also said either Tim Roth of Steve Buschemi could play Rorschach, but I would prefer Macy. :/
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 05:27 PM       
bruce campbell definatly looks the part, but he could never ever play the comedian. bruce campbell is known mostly for playing quirky action/horror heroes. there is nothing quirky about the comedian at all.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 10:01 PM       
Yeah. :/

BTW, who was Hooded Justice? From what I heard it is not the weightlifter mentioned in Under the Hood. Many speculate that it's Bernie, the newspaper stand guy.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 02:00 PM       
Nobody ever found out who Hooded Justice was, though Ozymandias did speculate about the Comedian killing him. And the weightlifter's corpse did have a bullet hole in the head...

But it's certainly not Bernie the newsstand guy. That is the wrongest thing I've ever heard.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 01:53 PM       
Terry Gilliam had the rights to this for a while, and he would have done a damn fine job.

They'll probably give it to Chris Columbus or Roger Zemeckis.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 02:54 PM       
I just had this thought today. The Comedian:

All they have to do is get Governor Jesse Ventura to play an insanely conservative psychopath.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 03:05 PM       
Haha, I'd actually like to see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
They'll probably give it to Chris Columbus or Roger Zemeckis.
I hope Zemeckis doesn't get it. I like him, but he has a tendency to compromise and shy away from sensitive material.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 04:54 PM       
You know, for some reason they never explain why Rorschach's mask it's always reflective of either side. I know how the mask was made but wouldn't it just be a bunch of black blobs just moving on his face instead of actually looking like Rorschach inkblots?

Oh, this is also kinda neat. ot movie related but still cool

WIZARDWORLD LA: WATCHMEN GOES ABSOLUTE

Announced at today’s “Beyond the DC Universe” panel at WizardWorld LA was the next addition to DC’s very successful “Absolute” line this fall: Absolute Watchmen. The new edition of the classic Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons story is currently being adapted to the larger, “Absolute” format and recolored by original colorist John Higgins. The edition is being produced with the blessing of Alan Moore.

The edition will run 464 pages (and will also double as a blunt object if need be), and will be a complete reprinting not of the original series as published by DC, but of the Graphitti edition, a collection published by Graphitti in the late ‘80s that included 48 pages of extra material.

Speaking of the artist, we spoke with Gibbons briefly about the forthcoming collection. As many already confess to be, Gibbons is also a fan of the publisher’s “Absolute” format, and was thrilled when he learned that DC wanted top present Watchmen in this manner.

“As an artist, I love the Absolute books,” Gibbons said. “The pages have much more impact at the large size and the production values are first rate. In fact, many of the foreign editions of Watchmen were done at this larger, album size, so I have a really good idea of how it will look already.

“The Absolute volume also gives us the chance to digitally remaster the coloring and correct a few mistakes that have always bugged us. We're not going to redraw or change the look of the book in any way; we'll just bring it closer to what we had in mind all those years ago.

”The coloring is being exactly reproduced from the regular edition, then original colorist John Higgins is tweaking the digital files before sending them to me for final approval. Back in the day, John lived a few miles away from me and would bring color guides over to discuss with me. Today, he lives a few miles from DC and is in close contact with them on technical matters, whilst thanks to the wonders of technology; I get daily pages for approval.

”Everything is looking really good, crisper and more vibrant than ever and it's great to be working with John again.”

Gibbons won’t be adding any new material for the upcoming edition, but he will be designing the package, giving it an authentic feel. “The material that has only so far appeared in the Graphitti hardcover edition will include many sketches, designs, the original pitch, script pages and an ‘outro’ by Alan and I. Most of the readers won't have seen this before.”

As the 2004 Bookscan numbers attested (and agreed with years before), despite closing in on twenty years old, the collected edition of the 12-issue series continues to be a best seller for DC, and to the continual surprise of Gibbons. “All we ever set out to do was a comic book we'd like to read,” the artist said. “It's gratifying to see that others continue to do so.

“I think it's become one of those books that are recommended reading for people just getting in to comics. The fact that it's self-contained is a bonus, since no previous knowledge of continuity is required and it has a clear resolution.”

And of course, as part of that, Watchmen, to this day, continues generating revenue for its creators. Or, as Gibbons puts it: “It keeps selling, so we keep getting checks!”

For the foreseeable future, Absolute Watchmen will be Gibbons’ only involvement with the property, as he has nothing to do with the currently in-production film based on the comic.

“I have no involvement, although it's being made close by in England. I'd be interested to see what they're doing but I don't know that they'd want me hanging around making suggestions any more than I'd have the time to do so!”

I'd buy it