Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:35 PM        root canal
I have to get a root canal done next week. Does it suck?
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:36 PM       
I never had one, but my brother had about 5. He says they knock you out, and you don't feel anything at all. :/
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:39 PM       
I had one a few years back, they dont hurt at all. My dentist numbed my whole mouth and I didnt feel a thing. It is a little wierd though, cause you can see chunks of your teeth and blood flying out of your mouth. :o
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:18 PM       
I wasn't knocked out for my root canal, but I never felt the slightest pain during or after the procedure. But I didn't have any pain after getting my wisdom teeth pulled either.
Pickleman's Uncle
Poxpower is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:47 PM       
I never had a problem with my teeth. Aside that they suck. But never had anything painful happen to em"
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:48 PM       
I've had four root canals since high school, and I had about a dozen when I was 2.

All but one of my root canals that I can remember (I can't remember when I was fucking 2) were completely painless. The endotologist or whatever the name for a tooth nerve doctor is did a great job of doping me up. I didn't even feel the novacaine needle, and usually that pinches like hell.

But I had one of them done to my very frontmost tooth (the upper one, on the left) and it was the most pain ever. Well, it hurt like hell for weeks before I had the root canal, so that probably explains it more, but apparently there isn't enough gum tissue or something by the front teeth, so the novacain injection had to be directly into the nerve. It hurt so bad I almost passed out. I was screaming before he even took the novacaine needle out.

So, the point is, a root canal might hurt, but it probably won't. Here's how you can tell if it will probably hurt: If your tooth is in horrible agony right now, before the root canal, the root canal is also probably going to hurt. But if your tooth feels fine, but they tell you that you need a root canal anyway, it probably won't hurt.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:06 PM       
Sometimes I think it depends on if they get a Clean Pull, mine didnt hurt at all when I got it done, either, and I got free vicodines. You can always request Nitrous. i request nitrous anyway, it's always fun to hit mc hit, just gotta turn the nitrous up and drop the oxygen a bit.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:08 PM       
yah. get the nitrous. but before you do, discuss your prescriptions for afterwards, so he doesn't just give you some tylenol3's or some shit when you're too out of it to notice. nitrous, man. wahwahwahwah.