Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 11:29 AM       
They're not doing badly at all, really. They seem surprised.

Edit: Oh, fuck you, banner ad.

Edit again:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!

Leclaire traded to Ottawa

Last edited by Kitsa : Mar 4th, 2009 at 11:53 AM. Reason: :(
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 01:00 PM       
Thats a decent trade thought, Mason is tearing it up alla carey price a few years back and as long as he stays healthy it won't bite you in the ass. Offensively you now have at least one full line that can pose a threat with Vermette, Nash and Huselius.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 01:02 PM       
Oh, I know. It probably will be a very good trade, I just hate seeing my favorite player go.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 02:42 PM       
I know how you feel. I had to watch Shanahan sit idley by just to see him cross the river to Jersey.
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 05:16 PM       
well, at least they didn't trade him to the damn Redwings. I wouldn't have known what to do then.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 09:41 AM       
If they did you could at least get a shirt from NHL.com.
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 11:46 AM       
yeah :sadhighfive
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 08:30 PM       
Sabres picked up Dominic Moore from the Maple Leafs but he couldn't make it to the game because they were finalizing his VISA. Being so close to Canada I forget they are actually another country most of the time.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 11:19 PM       
Kimmo Thimonen is the most important player on the Flyers. When he's on the ice, they play controlled, within themselves, and they have a good chance to win. Boy, they missed his leadership last season in the playoffs - I hope he stays healthy this time around.

And for you BJ fans, Kudos to Columbus for shutting out the best team in the Eastern conference.
You may already be there.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 11:27 PM       
Wow, Flyers crushed us tonight in the 3rd. I didn't see the game. What happened?
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 05:52 AM       
I didn't watch the Blue Jackets game last night, I completely missed it.

I do like the Bruins goaltender....Timm-ay. Some of the Bruins just seem like genuinely nice guys.

I'm going to go to the Blue Jackets store today. Wonder if all the prices will be jacked way up. That'd be very like them. The $30 Leclaire shirt I got last month will probably be on clearance for $10
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 10:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Wow, Flyers crushed us tonight in the 3rd. I didn't see the game. What happened?
One of the few games I saw wire-to-wire all year. Flyers and Sabres were playing some inspired hockey (on both sides of the puck) for the first two periods. Then the Flyboys got a breakaway goal, then a power play goal, then the Sabres started to take too many chances.

Late in the 3rd it got pretty ugly, with a few frustration fights - from Buffalo's perspective, it stings to play so well for two periods and then get the door slammed in your face.

BTW, VS kept cutting to the Blue Jackets/Bruins game since Columbus was laying the SMACK DOWN on Beantown. That's how I knew about that one.
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 03:15 PM       
The Blue Jackets store was as dismal as I'd anticipated. Damn near cried to see a whole Leclaire section under a giant SALE banner.

They had home and away Leclaire jerseys (didn't look at the price, they were too high up on the wall for me to reach) and the $30 "shirseys" were marked down to $10.95. Leclaire bubble-pucks were $3, Leclaire 8x10 glossies were $6 (still seemed expensive, they weren't autographed) and "Leclaire Bears" were $6.

I asked the clerk wtf with the St. Patrick's day stuff, and she responded that they had 3 different types of t-shirts, some pucks and some other stuff but no I couldn't see them because they moved their whole stock to the Nationwide arena store.

Why the hell would you move your entire St. Paddy's day stock out of the giant BJ store in the mall to Nationwide the week before St. Paddy's day?

And 3 shirts, wtf? What 3 shirts?

So I walked off with a $6 Pazzy-bear and a heartful of tears.
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 10:49 PM       
Maybe he'll come back to the team a la Avery.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 03:43 AM       
There was a great poll on ESPN.com a few days ago: who will last longest with their new team- Terrell Owens (NFL w/ Bills), Stephon Marbury (NBA w/ Celtics), Manny Ramirez (MLB w/ Dodgers), or Sean Avery. I voted Avery. Given the sports and the personalities, I'd take Avery. I'd rather have a guy who pisses off other teams with his antics than guys who abandon/destroy their own team with their antics.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 03:47 AM       
I don't think Avery counts on that list because it's like he's back on his old team.
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 03:55 AM       
So is Ramirez, though. I think they were more poking fun at each sport's biggest asshole.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 04:12 AM       
Gotcha....eat that fish.
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 04:19 AM       
The subtitle (which refers to me as "The One True God") that is now unreadable that made me pick it. The fish eating was just icing on the cake.
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 08:06 AM       
Nah, Leclaire won't be back. He's thrilled to go off and play for a Canadian team again because his family can come see him now. Also, you know, bigger hockey following and all. He used the press conference to advertise that he had a condo for sale in Columbus.

That's ok, the Blue Jackets play Ottawa every once in a while so I can still see him on TV- him vs. Mason will be interesting.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 09:36 AM       
I was able to watch the Blue Jackets game last night. Maybe you can clear this up for me...do they usually fall apart like that and blow a three goal lead (I need the pens to leave there with 0 points).
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 10:42 AM       
It used to be quite common but no, not in recent times.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...9/GS021007.HTM
Retardedly Handsome
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 10:08 AM       
So these past few weeks have had a slough of milestones...

-Lundqvist reaches 30 wins for the third year in a row.
-Marty (yuck) passes Roy in wins (thanks to the trap and 6 years of boring ass hockey)
-Ovechkin scores 50 goals for the third time and then goes a little overboard with the celebration. It was reported that this was planned and Mike Green knew about it. Does it make anyone else sad that this player who is going to be, or already is, the next Gretzky is not very Gretzky-esque?
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 12:26 PM       
I think Ovechkin needs to be trebuchet'd into the ocean. I don't anyone can be the next Gretzky. A player might come along that can match his skills but it takes a lot more than that to become Gretzky.
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 05:55 PM       
The mental picture of Ovechkin being trebucheted into the ocean made me laugh so hard I damn near had a stroke.

Every time I see him now, all I think of is Jaws from the Bond movies.