Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 10:34 AM       
are your agreeing with me or jumping on the i hate hostel bandwagon[/i]
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 01:53 PM       
a little bit of both. I didn't really like the movie but after i saw it my first comment on it was that it was a revenge flick. But i thought that was kind of lame because it makes it seem like you can have a horribly shitty movie but as long as you end it with the main character killing everyone who made him mad in the movie the movie will be fine. I don't know, it's just obvious drama/direction (not obvious as in I knew it would happen but obvious as in the type of response it's supposed to get).
Plus I mean come on the guy is driving away from the horrible place and CONVENIENTLY out of ALL THE PLACES in the world that guy could be he was buying an icecream cone on a street the main character just happened to be driving down. Too convenient of a plot twist I mean sure maybe he was in town getting his money or something but still...

i didn't really know it was a bandwagon most of the people I know liked it
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 02:00 PM       
kind of like how that shitty star wars movie soda can robot just met up with tat skywalker kid & it just so happened to be the son of his robot friend's maker (best friend) or somthing before the death star exploded
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 02:05 PM       
yea but that was destined by the forest
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 04:16 PM       
Eh, it was okay. I kind of hate it but kind of love it. Some of the traps were fucking great (ribsplitter, hogsplatter) and some were lame (obligatory shotgun to the head/face which is characteristically not destructive) but i hated every character except Jigsaw and the little girl :-/. Also, the electric saw could have been WAY better. I was actually really mad that he didn't run the fucker through with the saw with a sickening spray of blood and guts. That was a major letdown. Plot was boring and predictable, and i thought the music/sound effects were actually pretty obtrusive and annoying, and there were quite a few cheap scares. This one didn't have the same atmosphere that the first one did and the second one (kind of) had, in that it was more about Amanda + Jigsaw then it was about the people whose lives were in danger.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 06:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
What is so disgusting about Hostel?

Banana custard shooting out of an asian girl's burnt eye?
It wasn't the eye thing. It was the psychopaths' idea of arousal which is to cut up a live person who's helplessly strapped to a chair that I found disturbing, and it makes the gore more digusting. It doesn't bother me when freddy krueger, chucky, jason or any of these slashers do the killings, because they're fictional characters that are not compatible with reality but in hostel, there are people out there who are sick enough to perform these type of behavior for the sake of gratification, let alone watching and enjoying it. ^^^

On the other hand the characters in "hostel" were annoying so I guess I was glad to see some of them get killed. I was disappointed the guy got away, the movie wouldn't have been as bad if he didn't. Since he was the only one left surviving, I predicted that he would get away. And in reality, he wouldn't have gotten away. Once you're in, there's just no way out.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 12:33 AM       
[quote="Geggy"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Once you're in, there's just no way out.
Maybe escaping once is possible but I agree there is no way he would of been able to rescue that asian chick and get out again. And what a cunt just kills herself over her vanity after he risked his ass to save her.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 11:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen444
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsisface
yup zen's right. The social commentary portion was a total fluke.
Nope, Zen's wrong. I saw an interview with Romero last week, where he said the social commentary part of it was entirely intentional.
"Casting Jones was potentially controversial. In the mid-twentieth century it was unusual for a black man to play the hero in a film that starred white actors, and commentators saw Romero's choice of Jones as significant. Romero, on the other hand, said that Jones "simply gave the best audition."

If he was white, he still would've gotten the part.

Y'see.
I was referring to the movie itself, not casting Jones.
BANNED

Old Nov 16th, 2006, 12:55 PM       
George A romero's movies are all social commentary. that's why there's flesh eatting monsters roaming about that nobody will kill because they remind them of their family or something. his first movie was supposed to be a critique of the vietnam era, or so I've heard. I think it's supposed to be showing the social weaknesses of capitalism/america.
illadmit it's hard to see those kinds of things in movies, though.