Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 05:01 PM       
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 05:03 PM       
Electro-Spaghetti!
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 05:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
also, this is awesome

This was only half as big last time I did it.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 05:12 PM       
Did you nail it?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 05:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
huh. so, if every time a black hole is mentioned, a hindu child commits suicide... it's a third world version It's A Wonderful Life

This has nothing to do with anything but it's the first thing I thought of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hole_of_Calcutta
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 05:15 PM       
They must've been toffs. Regular pommy blokes live in that sort of squalor their entire lives.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 06:23 PM       
So the only thing Girl Talk does to make a song is splice together 12 other songs?

Why the fuck is everyone getting so excited over this shit?

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 06:35 PM       
It's cliche to say, but I like his old stuff. CUT-UPS FOREVAH

And it's not a songs he make now, they're mixes. As in tens of minutes. It doesn't make any sense to listen to one song from it the albums.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 07:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
And it's not a songs he make now, they're mixes. As in tens of minutes. It doesn't make any sense to listen to one song from it the albums.
These sentences are grammatical disasters! See me after class.

When I listen to music I like to appreciate artistic merit and some damn fine chops. Mashups do absolutely nothing for me because they remove everything that makes music enjoyable.

I'm not going to be an over-analytical weirdo about it, but it just makes me feel alienated when nearly my entire facebook newsfeed is in love with the new Girl Talk album and I don't see a shred of appeal in it. Usually I'm able to find something, but mashups just smack of a lack of real creativity and skill in making music.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 07:27 PM       
Shit, post-post edits suck ass.

Anyway, I'll disagree with you, since most of the music I like involves sampling in some way.

What would you have to say to the Young Punx and Phonat, whom make the samples they use? Are they terrible artists? Or is it only terrible if someone uses someone else's sound IN AN IMAGINATIVE WAY? Actually, that's why I like Kanye West's Power. Fucking King Crimson samples in there, yeh.

Quote:
When I listen to music I like to appreciate artistic merit
Douchechills

Do those people you know also like Asher Roth? Girl Talk is as pop as this subversive stuff can get. It's all fucking antiseptic. There are a bajillion better DJs and musicians out there. Dig into some older bootlegs, stuff like Frenchbloke & Son, Soundhog, the Freelance Hellraiser, Dsico, etc.
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 08:06 PM       
I mean, obviously I don't know enough about this stuff to really pass judgment upon it, but isn't the point of music to not think about it and just enjoy it? And that's the problem. For some reason I can't just enjoy it. I have to break it down like it's a science.

So for Girl Talk, when I hear ELO's Mr. Blue Sky over some hip hop beat, or Blue Oyster Cult and The Cars at the same time, it just feels soulless. Like, I know the dude put these two songs together on purpose and as a result it feels lacking in true inspiration. I sort of have the same problem with cover songs.

So I guess I don't really have a problem with artists making their own samples? I don't have to like it but I can understand the appeal a bit better.

I don't know, man, the more I talk about music the gayer I sound. It's like some weird-ass autistic personality disorder characteristic.

At least we have Oingo Boingo in common :hat

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 08:17 PM       
Everyone's too worried about being too cool for the room. I don't pay too much attention to that part of my brain, since it screams at me all day for being too much anything. Obviously, I'd appreciate the intricacies of country if it was my favorite. I could tell you where the artist that made a mashup is from by listening to it, at this point. This music scene is where I'm at. But bootlegs and bastard pop and mashups are what got me into every other genre of music because half of the fun is making songs out of more and more disparate elements.

But yeah, just fucking like what you like and say something sucks if you think it sucks. People don't need to qualify their opinions! ENJOY IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL! BOINGO!
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 08:33 PM       
Oh Dylan, you are such a free spirit, nothing can hold you down.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 08:41 PM       
eat shit and die
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 08:54 PM       
One day someone will write fiction for young adults based on you and your philosophy.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 09:26 PM       
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 09:48 PM       
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 09:57 PM       
holy fuck sam TURN THE CAPS BACK ON, you're making me all dizzy and lightheaded and shit
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 10:35 PM       
OK, THERE BETTER ? HAPPY MONEY NOW?

Edit: oops ^^;
The Unicorn
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 10:39 PM       
I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE LOGGED OUT OF MY CHARACTER WIFFLES FIRST.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 10:45 PM       
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69705322

This guy is a total douche
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 11:26 PM       
he seems like a normal human type person to me
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 11:49 PM       
Spoilers!

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 11:53 PM       
:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 11:55 PM       
Shit off.