Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 08:50 PM       
Soldiers are slower than other classes (save for the heavy) and have a very small amount of shots per clip, and have a shitty reload time. Back before they took away the Backburner's retarded health upgrade, they also had less health than pyros. Without a crit, their rockets don't do much damage, either.

BUT I SUPPOSE THEY DO GET THOSE CRITS ABOUT 10% OF THE TIME, OH LAWSY

Also, you are ridiculous if you think Sniper's an easy class to play.

I think part of the reason you see so many pyros is that they can't be caught on fire.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 08:52 PM       
Soldiers are really only a problem when I'm playing the Scout and have to be on the front lines around them.

As a spy they're always in front of me begging to be stabbed, and when I'm a Demoman they don't bother me because I'm better at blowing people up than they are. I thought they'd be way overpowered with the rocket launcher and everything, but yeah, what Chojin said.

A thought occured to me today that after every class is upgraded, it'd be really funny if Pyros end up being the shittiest, like in TFC.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 09:04 PM       
I think he was also saying that people who play Sniper are gonna love the heavy update because they're such ridiculous targets.

I try playing Sniper every now and then, but I usually end up just killing other snipers who are only trying to kill me, and then realize that without us the game would be exactly the same and go play as something useful.

Or I'll pick a vantage point, wait for people to show up, get bored, and charge the other team with the submachine gun, which results in them going "what the fuck" while I kill one of them with the Kukuri and then am blown up by about 3 simultaneous rockets.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 09:07 PM       
Yeah, but the major theme of the heavy update is making him less reliant on the medic, so I'm thinking he'll get a neat hat or something.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 09:11 PM       
I just hope the Spy update is next and he gets the Tranq gun.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 05:24 PM       
http://www.steamgames.com/tf2/heavy

I don't see the point of the new gun, you'd already get slowed down a lot by knockback when shot by his standard one.

The boxing gloves sound awesome, but who actually ever punches people as the heavy?

I've also played that community map before and I really don't like it :<
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 05:28 PM       
"Killing Gloves of Boxing"

was never good
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 02:17 AM       
Tons of people punch as heavies, it does retarded damage.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 04:45 AM       
So I started trying to play as the Sniper today

Jesus christ :<

Are Heavies just immune to headshots?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 04:48 AM       
do you guys know anyone who plays as INTERNET TOUGH GUY
cause i was playin w/ someone with that moniker and it sounded awful here-ish somehow
was never good
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 06:25 PM       
Sniper has probably the worst secondary weapon in the game (machine pistol is worthless), but his melee's pretty good.

As a sniper, I tend to hang out in view of friendly sentries - no spy in his right mind would attack you first, and as soon as I hear the engineer complaining about spies, I unzoom and bring out the ol' chop-chop.

My mouse also lets me dial down the sensitivity, which is great for zoomed shots.
was never good
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 06:26 PM       
Speaking of secondaries, I only recently fell in love with the scout's (and engineer's) pistol - after I figured out that you can fire it faster if you keep clicking rather than hold the button down.

It also just 'feels' better to fire, that way.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 06:36 PM       
I agree, I'm not sure if I've ever killed another player with the Sniper's machine pistol.

The sniper is a great class on certain maps but in others it's just useless. For example the last control point of the last stage of dustbowl is a prime sniping opportunity for both sides, and a good sniper on one team can win the match.
was never good
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 08:09 PM       
Goldrush 1 has an AMAZING sniping point, but you have to crouch-jump up three boxes, onto a lampshade, and then onto a pole. I killed about 12 people today before they finally got a soldier to uproot me, and then he screamed over alltalk WHAT THE FUCK.

The best part about that spot is that you can see enemy snipers' feet before they can see you at all, and a charged shot to the foot is enough to drop a sniper. Also, you're so high up that nobody bothers to look for you, and only the MOST DETERMINED SPY IN THE WORLD will scale the aggro-crag just to nab you.

Also today, I fired two full clips from the machine pistol into a burning enemy demoman about 20 feet away and still couldn't kill him.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 08:12 PM       
Screenshot?

I keep trying to get better at Sniper, and I think location is one of my biggest problems. I'm also the kind of jerk who would go that far out of my way to backstab someone, so yeah. Plus, I have a habit of disguising as a friendly sniper on that level to fool the other team before the game starts, so it would also probably make a good place to surprise a throng of attackers from.
was never good
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 10:10 PM       

was never good
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 10:12 PM       
Right outside of the red team's spawn -> go up stairs, cross bridge -> jump to boxes -> jump to lampshade -> jump to top of lamp. All crouch-jumps.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 10:32 PM       
I saw another guy doing that. It takes 'em a while to be able to shoot you, even though they're able to see exactly where you are.

I started playing Spy recently and holy shit the Deringer is over-powered. I was taking out teleporters and pyros like sex on wheels.

By the way, I've killed quite a few people with the machine pistol. When I've come up against a Scout underneath the bases in 2Fort, the thing saved my life many a time.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 10:38 PM       
Jesus Christ. That's some determination right there. Kudos.

I remember awhile back, my entire team used dispensers to leap ontop of the B point in Gravel Pit. At that point, they built teleporters on the roof and the entire team proceeded to slaughter Blu from all directions. Sniping was a blast.

For the longest time, no one was able to figure out how the hell a Heavy wound up on the roof. They called shenanigans as we poured from the roof and into the building. It was my first Impossible Defense :D

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 11:12 PM       
The revolver's a decent gun, but pretty much everyone else has a better weapon than you so you better hope you can aim worth a shit. I'm really hoping he'll get the Tranq gun from TFC, though, so I can actually get away from Pyros now and then when they're within flaming distance.

Also, yeah, sapping sentries then shooting them or stabbing them makes everything way easier.

I steadfastly refuse to play the Spy anymore until everyone who plays this game learns what "GUYS THE SENTRIES ARE DOWN PUSH THE CART ALREADY FUCK" means.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 04:42 PM       
Heh: MEET THE SANDVICH

He punched out all my blood!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 05:41 PM       
That is fucking awesome.

Oh, the update's also going live right now!
was never good
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 05:56 PM       
I can tell by how steam won't let me connect!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 06:02 PM       
I've BEEN connected.

Or not.
was never good
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 06:05 PM       
I thought I was too, but I was mistaken.