FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 06:43 PM       
Anyone played Disgaea 3?
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 07:03 PM       
Only thing i know about that is that it has DLC and it's getting trophies real soon
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 07:16 PM       
I want a PS3 just because I collect consoles and I thought modracers looked neat. Normally I'd even entertain getting one since my ex took the PS2, but for some reason Sony thought it'd be an awesome idea to include even less in their box than their competitors.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 08:01 PM       
I got the ps3 when it first came out, so its backwards compatible. I dont play it very often though, as I mainly use it to play ps2 games and MGS4 ^.^
Banned
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 08:12 PM       
Wi-Fi, Rechargable controllers, built-in HDD and Blu-ray is having less than the competitors? Unless you mean the PS2 compatibility, which personally I don't care about and even the Xbox 360 has it in a limited form

Maybe one day it'll get some kind of a software patch
But it makes sense to Sony because the PS2 still sells a lot, so why would they try to please a vocal minority instead of making more money?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 08:48 PM       
Maybe because it's nice to not be fucking jew cock fucks about getting money from your customers?

Also the 360 only needs BC on the Xbox games that mattered. So, Ninja Gaiden and nothing else.
Banned
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 09:07 PM       
Jew cocks? Right, because Microsoft gave you oh so much putting those laptop hdds in those encasings for you for only 5 times the price! They're such nice people

But meanwhile, the company who is still making a ton of money on the PS2 should completely ruin their business strategy because a tiny vocal minority goes jackshit insane over B/C. Yes, yes. And as if no one here doesn't own a PS2 already

I'm trying to figure out what you think is cheap of a company to do. Because removing a feature most of the people don't really care about to make a system cheaper = not cheapasses.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 09:27 PM       
Not defending Microsoft, broham

Anyway why the hell would you start producing something with good features only to cut the list in half after two days? That's a dick move. A massive one.

I could see them doing it to reduce production costs and not lose money, but playing PS2 games was the main reason I wanted a PS3 in the first place, with the PS3 games, Blu Ray, and all the other shit just being a nice bonus. When they cut that out, I and probably a shit ton of other people who didn't have a PS2 stopped caring and just got a PS2.

I'm still going to get one so I can play Last Guardian, but I'm not going to be happy about it.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Sep 4th, 2009 at 11:34 PM.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 09:35 PM       
Sony has slowly cut out features from each iteration of the PS3, but increasing the hard drive size. Microsoft's done nothing but add more cool shit.
Banned
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 09:41 PM       
What exactly has the 360 added? The ability for the system to not as likely break as much as before? That's pretty good

Uhm.

Ok, well let's look at what the PS3 has removed. 2 USB ports, Card Readers, backwards compatibility and the ability to install linux.

Linux is shit on the PS3, no one cares about card readers, the usb port thing at least to me is fine, i never need more than 2.

But the important thing is that it's half the price of the original system. And God of War 1/2 is being ported to PS3 , it's not a fix for people who just want their ps2 games on a ps3, but if you truly want that, buy a 60gb off ebay or just use your original ps2.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 10:46 PM       
I cared about the card readers, backwards compatability, Linux, and the USB ports.

The 360's die was shrunken, flash memory added. Also, they were first to the market and didn't have HDMI ports for a while. Now they do.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 11:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Anyone played Disgaea 3?
Not yet. I'm thinking about getting it soon since it'll be impossible to find eventually, but I won't have access to a PS3 till Dec...

At least Disgaea 2 is coming to PSP in 4 days :D

Banned
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 11:43 PM       
Wow, so the amazing feature it added was it added a smaller processor? The PS3 obviously had nothing like that done because there is no slimmer version of it on the market right now.

And I guess having 512mb memory built in is useful compared to 120gb. Plus HDMI was in every model of the ps3, every model.
Plus, Linux was absolute balls on it, it's already pretty useless outside of it, but it was restricted to 256 ram and had no access to the RSX. All for what? So you can use the web browser or emulate NES games on it?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 11:56 PM       
It also came to the market more than a year later. But let's gloss over that fact. I can see how it's unimportant. And a smaller processor, yep, that's unimportant too. Lower voltage consumption and lower heat production. I dunno what that has to do with the thickness of the console, but your point is valid somehow.

And yeah, compared to 120gb of storage, 512 mb of flash memory is rather meager. There's no way you could get a hard drive if you wanted to later, at all. It seems stupid that some people would rather pay a hundred bucks less for a model without a hard drive, which they don't want.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 11:59 PM       
Sometimes when I read Microshock's posts, I imagine him sitting at his computer with a folded sheet of paper that he carries around him, containing a list of PS3 facts, just in case he needs to use them online or at lunch.

Banned
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 12:00 AM       
The cell processor got reduced to 45nm from 65 or something, so yes it is valid, it also takes up less voltage, power, space, etc.

And HDMI is not an "upgrade", it's called being logical, if you have an HD device you're selling, it's common sense to put a hdmi port there.

Also, how is it better to have 512mb of memory built in and an option to pay 100 dollars for a ripoff harddrive versus just having a harddrive?
Ha ha Phoenix, I just like to read up on things i like, and right now, i truly have nothing to do
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 12:02 AM       
Yeah, well a cunt over a thousand miles away won't make me take any less enjoyment away from any of my consoles.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 12:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
And HDMI is not an "upgrade", it's called being logical, if you have an HD device you're selling, it's common sense to put a hdmi port there.

Also, how is it better to have 512mb of memory built in and an option to pay 100 dollars for a ripoff harddrive versus just having a harddrive?
Because some people don't need any of that. Are you aware that many people own PS3s and 360s and don't have internet access? What the fuck are those people going to do with ALLLLL OF THE GIGABYTES?

Because, for some people, they just want something to play a few games on, and they shouldn't have to pay extra for a bunch of ancillary bullshit they wouldn't use anyway.

Of course, the PS3 needs the hard drive, because god forbid they compress anything on BluRay. You have to install EVERYTHING.
Banned
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 12:09 AM       
Ok, Microsoft's strategy of giving people the chance to customize their experience would be nice if they didn't charge a ball and a half for a harddrive or the chance to add wi-fi or to recharge your controllers.

I feel the 360 not having a harddrive only hurts them in the long run, and hurts developers at least from what they said about it. Plus, this is not fucking Ecuador or Pakistan, everyone on this board has internet access.

This makes me a cunt how?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 12:11 AM       
You're a cunt because your soul is ugly.

But you've got moxie, kid. Most folks would balk at such ignorance and go join a fansite somewhere. Kudos to you for sticking it out and defending your point, no matter how asinine it seems to me.
Banned
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 12:15 AM       
I can't stand the Playstation forums 90 percent of the time, i don't even think they know how to plug in an ethernet cord.

Right now, they're going crazy because the 3.0 firmware made all the text bigger and added a scrolling news ticker.

And I do like this forum. I don't see my soul as ugly, i just do like to stick to what i think but i've been convinced before.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 12:21 AM       
The larger font size is a bugger.
Banned
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 12:26 AM       
They should add options to decrease it
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 12:27 AM       
I was actually looking for them until I remembered that such things didn't exist.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 01:06 AM       
360 has options to decrease font size. Just sayin'