Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 12:50 AM        DA SOUNDZ HAV ARRIVD
I can't find my digicam so I'm using emily's shitty Sidekick internal cam.

CD Turntables: Pioneer CDJ-200s
Mixer: Numark DXM09
Monitors: KRK Rokit Powered RP-5s
Cue: Sony MDR-V900

Already had the headphones but I got the rest of that stuff for $1000 total ($800 for the turntables and mixer, $200 for the monitors).
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 01:44 AM       
eric in tha mix!
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 04:24 AM       
shit that looks so fancy. Way to go chojin, i hope it works real good for you.

Raize is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 01:10 PM       
$1000 spent on that is better than spending $200 on a digital camera. At least you got your priorities straight.

Unless you sell shit on eBay, then you made a horrible, horrible, mistake.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 10:14 PM       
This thing is so much fun that it's unreal :< The mixer's manual was clearly written by a brit because it specifically tells you not to use some of its functions because it'll just annoy listeners.
was never good
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 06:17 PM       
oh oh

i can change tempo without shifting pitch

this is the best day
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 06:24 PM       
I can do that on my X-Fi. Infact I could do it on my Audugy 2.

Really useful for learning guitar riffs/solos!
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 06:53 PM       
is that a framed picture of max headroom
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 06:53 PM       
you just gave me an idea to frame a photo of max headroom
was never good
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 07:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia

Yes but can you do it in real-time while syncing two tracks you boner
was never good
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 07:17 PM       
Also no it's this picture

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 07:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia

Yes but can you do it in real-time while syncing two tracks you boner
I can do it in real time. Cant say I have ever tried syncing it to another track. It's probably possible, the x-fi is a mean bit of kit.
was never good
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 10:39 PM       
The turntables are ridiculously sensitive which is quite unlike Schimid's CDMIX system ;< I think overall that's a bad thing (because how often are you going to need to OH GOD SHUTTLE SHUTTLE GO GO GO compared to fine-tuning an offset), but it's something that I'll no doubt get used to. The various different ways you can configure the sound coming into the cues really reduces your chances to trainwreck and the 3-band insta kills thankfully work on the unplaying channels as well so I don't dick up the normal channel EQ when trying to isolate a beat (or when I have to match the snares instead of kicks).

I need to find a way to suspend these monitors at ear level now ;< This will prove DIFFICULT since i have my sound baffling up and the piece of wall that sticks out at the ceiling is an air vent ;<

Also, ramping up/down in tempo with master tempo on (no pitch changes) really makes it feel less weird when you change your set's base BPM. The only thing I really miss from CDMIX are the manual BPM timers, because the auto BPM system in these tends to jump all over the place if there are no kicks playing.

Oh and setting cues on this is fucking awesome. You can shuttle in ultra slo-mo until you find your beat and then set up the cue right there. There's also a realtime cue but manual cue is a feature new to me that makes my pants get up and dance.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 04:16 AM       
i wish the hell i knew what you were saying