Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:29 PM       
It might either be too out-of-date or too specific, but if you're just talking in terms of being irritating or nerdish--what about the people who build actual models (and not just the Warhammer ones?) I never realized that sticking plastic bits together with super glue could be taken so seriously.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:33 PM       
haha and model railroad people :o
*SMILE SMILE*
Otto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty ok
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:35 PM       
I'd think us record collectors would go somewhere on there, but I think that we're more along the lines of elitist fucks or pretentious douchebags.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:33 PM       
What about fanfiction writers? I'd say they're in the blue group somewhere.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:47 PM       
You gotta give model builders credit over collectors. It might seem stupid, but craftmanship takes some level of skill, where buying other peoples product just takes cash & availability.

however some collectors of specific variety deserve more respect than they get. Vinyl collectors good- Troll doll collectors way bad.

I want to give fanfiction writers props, but i've never read a good fanfiction
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:55 AM       
I added fanfic writers to the list, but I'm holding off on things like model builders and such. I think people like kybo and asila are really calling the kettle black on this one and I want to get MLE's opinion.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:48 AM       
I've ever met any Vampire fags. Are they really that bad?
He speaks truth!
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old May 2nd, 2008, 11:03 AM       
Yes, Vamp fags are that bad. Kybo, I moved your off-topic posts to the chatroom. Things like collectors and model builders really run the gamut of geeky to not geeky. I mean when I was a kid, I built a few model airplanes, and I could see how that could easily be a regular person's hobby. Also, collecting can be a regular person's hobby. I don't see a way to narrow this down without getting so specific that we're talking about only, like 5 people.

Sci-fi geeks are not just your average stuff (I like star wars/star trek), but the people buying modded light sabers and trekkie convention-goers.

Also, IS? Good placement on fanfic writers.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:09 PM       
For a good example of just how awful fanfic writers are, please see the extensive Stargate SG1 fanfiction link I posted somewhere in the chat thread, it pretty much redefines gay
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:32 PM       
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/25784
(Written October 2001)

Quite sadly, this is rather plausible.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:23 PM       
Where would you place SCA? They're kind of like LARPers but not really. I'm one hell of a history buff but SCAers kind of weird me out. I got cornered by one when she spotted some duplicate historical biographies I was selling at a garage sale. She started speaking to me in stilted Old English and invited me to some SCA function. I got out of the situation. SCA people just take themselves wayyyyyy too seriously. (If you don't believe me, look up your regional SCA website. The Kings and Queens accept gifts of juice and doritos. Really.)

I also avoid RenFaires like the plague. (no pun intended) Have you noticed there are very few people who think they're reincarnated from peasants? Everyone was Queen Elizabeth I or Mary Queen of Scots or whoever else wore a big, fancy outfit.

I used to know a guy who was obsessed with Piers Anthony books and actually thought he was an ogre. He even spoke, irl, as he thought an ogre would. All the time. It didn't turn off.

Also, I always have a mental division between fanfic and erotic fanfic. Because erotic fanfic can get pretty weird.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:39 PM       
As I was in line at midnight for GTA IV, the nerdness of most of the people there struck me greatly, mainly among all the privates. Occasionally, there was the hip dude I hang with, but all in all, NERDS.
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2008, 08:16 PM       
People who dress like Characters on a day to day basis.

example: I'm in media play and I see a 90lbs wet dude decked out like Neo.
you wanna dress like Han Solo for a movie viewing or a party, cool. you spend everyday decked out as the chosen one you damn well better be able to back it up. you know what, it might be OK to do if you can back it up.
Give Me Black Summer.
Dommin is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2008, 02:37 PM       
The GameFAQs users are no more annoying than any other forum/site's members.

The /b/tards are definitely not as annoying as LARPers. And they come up with some really funny shit sometimes.

And where's the Anime fags? Or is that just lumped in with Manga? You should just call them japanophiles.
Where The Black Planets Roll Without Aim,
Where They Roll In Their Horror Unheeded, Without Knowledge Of Lustre Or Name.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 3rd, 2008, 07:14 PM       
Sci-fi geeks are pretty much the most well known geeks, and for good reason. These are the people who wear star trek costumes to work, do star wars cosplaying while waiting in line for a movie, etc.

That was very funny. Well done.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old May 3rd, 2008, 10:54 PM       
If they get to the point of cosplaying, then they're already in the Cosplaying section. I think that there's a place for die-hard Trekkies/Star Wars people, but I don't think it's below Cosplaying (since it encompasses both the sci-fi and the anime).

Also, I was thinking of renaming the fanfic writers to say erotic fanfic writers. Any complaints?
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old May 3rd, 2008, 11:01 PM       
What about self-inclusion fanfic?

Self-inclusion erotic fanfiction written by Mexican Paedophiles about Hitler, and posted on /b/
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old May 3rd, 2008, 11:12 PM       
hahahahahaha

that's getting a little too narrow, and if we get that specific, this list is gonna get a lot bigger, and quickly. Any reason why this needs to be in, in specific? (I think that Erotic fanfic writers are the notorious ones, which is why I was considering the name change)
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:28 AM       
I have a category that might have been overlooked.

Broadway/musical theatre fanbois.

Yes, there are girls too, and every damn one of them thinks she's Eponine from Les Miserables, but my god are Broadway fangeeks insane.

I used to work at a piano store and toward the end of my time there, the boss hired this fanboi to work evenings with me. He was really kind of redundant and I don't even know why he was there because all he did was sit at the piano and pound out Andrew Lloyd Webber songs and sing in this bizarre falsetto. I have a voice degree but I don't randomly sing like that because I don't really have any delusions of grandeur, but he sure did. He'd sing whenever anyone was around to listen whether they wanted to or not.

So anyway, it was evening and we had this cranky, ancient concert pianist who gave the advanced lessons on those nights. He was all prima-donna and wanted to be treated like a star and one of his requirements was total silence in the store while he was giving lessons. Whatever, I never made any noise anyway, but this fanboi sat at one of the baby grands and started pounding out something from Miss Saigon or something and started singing one of the female leads' songs as loud as he possibly could in that damned obnoxious falsetto.

The piano teacher came charging out of his room and who did he head straight for? ME. He thought he was hearing a girl's voice. He started yelling at me about how I knew he required silence and blah blah blah and for my own information I wasn't that good from what he could tell and blahblahblah. I just stood there and said, "I never sing in the store. It was him." And there was fanboi in his Cats shirt sitting at the piano.

The teacher was so disgusted he just wheeled around and slammed back into his lesson room.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM       
mmm i can fell the love up in here

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
teacup of sunshine
Old May 6th, 2008, 04:50 PM       
Well, at the time I was pissed off because I'd had it catering to this concert pianist all the time (he once gave me a Christmas card and told me to save it because it would be worth thousands of dollars when he died), only to have him come out and scream at me in front of the whole damn store about something I didn't even do.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2008, 05:29 PM       
honestly I think that non-erotic fanfiction is worse than the naughty stuff because seriously, what incentive do you have to write that shit?
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 6th, 2008, 05:39 PM       
Don't forget Protoclown's list :O

The Geek Hierarchy:
http://www.i-mockery.com/visionary/geek-hierarchy.php

There are some good suggestions in the comments area of the article too
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2008, 06:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
Heheh, yeah I said he also needed to add in the fitness/health geeks who know the EXACT calorie count of every piece of food they eat and wouldn't dare go over their daily intake allowance.
I did this for a couple weeks and am probably going to get back into it, since it showed me that I was taking in tons of sodium even though I was eating lots of low-fat stuff :o

I mean, fuck you :o
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 6th, 2008, 08:05 PM       
NERD.

Nah, keeping up your fitness is great, but there are those people out there who LIVE for that shit and will talk to you about it any time you give them an opening. I don't care if you're not supposed to eat late at night... if I'm hungry at 2am, by god, I'm going to eat something rather than let my stomach eat itself. :O