Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 02:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
The first Final Fantasy is good because it weeds out bleeders.
Thatīs what many people like to think, but itīs really just a first attempt at a concept that got good as the series went on. The first few FFs are just tedious today because you have something you can compare them to. To me, the best FFs are 5,6,7 and 10. Started playing those games with Part 7 (not because Iīm too young but because 1-6 were not released in Europe on the original systems), but really liked 5īs Jobsystem and 6īs Style. 10 had a great battle system and more or less interesting leveling system.
But 1? If you donīt view that game totally isolated from the later instalments, thereīs really not much to like about it.

Just my opinion.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 11:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Thatīs what many people like to think, but itīs really just a first attempt at a concept that got good as the series went on.
I had heard they made the game in desperation. Basically, before making FF, Square conceptualized some really stupid games in the late 80s and it was either this game was a success (That's why it's called Final Fantasy, hinting at the last game they could've ever made.) or Square would've went bust and we'd all be worshipping Deagon Warrior/Quest/Whatever. Which we shouldn't because their first game REALLY sucked balls.

j/k fuck them
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 01:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I like Echoes the best out of the trilogy; it's by far the most immersive, and the level design is fantastic. Especially in the Sanctuary.

In stark contrast, Corruption is a travesty.
Corruption was pretty much a Halo Lite, but it never got as fucking tedious. If the Wii Remake of Echoes cuts out the goddamn load screen for dimesion-gates, I'd buy it in a heart beat. But that still leaves collecting nine keys just to fucking battle the last boss.

And yes, Sky Sanctuary is fucking awesome--easily my favorite video game location. It had better show up in a smash bros.