Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 08:43 PM        Piper
I've been listening to this album quite heavily, and let me tell you, it is fucking amazing. I suppose Ill encounter some deep shit for this, but Syd BArret is undoubtedly the best singwriter Pink Floyd ever had, or even one of the best songwriters ever. I really have to pick up his solo album/s? How are they, those of you who have heard them?
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 09:35 PM       
His solo work is fairly good, although Pipers was definitely the best album he did and his masterpiece. On some level, I agree, Floyd never matched this album again, but the Waters era albums are also very very good. Animals in particular is a near prefect album, and something you should seek out if you don't already have it; DSotM and WYWH are both spectacular pieces as well. You should get Barret's "The Madcap Laughs" for sure, but there is a box set called "Crazy Diamond" that contains pretty much all his solo work if you need a definite edition of it.

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 10:11 PM       
Yes, I think I may be soon picking up animals, but perhaps ill dl the whole thing off soulseek first. Mostly though, I'd like to experience some more pre DSOTM Floyd, and UmmaGumma is quite amazing. Is it pronounced uh ma, or oooo ma? Also, I recently inherited something like 60 old records, which contained numerous gems, but the most relevant is Obscured By the Clouds, which I have yet to listen to. Any good?
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 01:14 AM       
I'VE GOT A BIKE, YOU CAN RIDE IT IF YOU LIKE
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 04:50 PM       
"Obscured By the Clouds, which I have yet to listen to. Any good?"

Not really. Floyd had Pipers, and then weren't really all that interesting until Meddle. The Meddle to Animals period is great, then the Wall shows up and they suck after that. The stuff between Pipers and Meddle can be good, but a lot of it isn't; still better than most bands though.