Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 04:27 AM        Now that Arafat is dead
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4009213.stm
Palestinians call for peace talks

Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurei has called for a speedy resumption of peace efforts with Israel, a day after Yasser Arafat's burial in Ramallah. Mr Qurei said now was the time to get serious, and with determination they could reach an agreement "in a very short time".

"I'm saying to the American administration, to President Bush to the Israelis and to the whole world, now is the period where we should be more serious," he said.

"If we are determined to do it we can do it in a very short time."

In Washington on Friday, US President George Bush and UK Prime Minister Tony Blair have expressed hopes for a renewed peace effort but made no concrete proposals on how to advance the peace process.

In recent years, Israel and the US had refused to deal with Mr Arafat calling him a terrorist and an obstacle to peace.

Do any of you think any progress towards peace will come now that Arafat is dead and gone? I guess it really depends on who replaces Arafat but I think the combination of his death and the fact that the Israelies plan to pull out of Gaza and the West bank sometime soon, will eventually lead to a Palestinian state or atleast more progress for palestinians like not having Israeli bulldoze tons of their homes and lift curfews they have on their towns. I dunno.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 04:32 AM       
I think that any palestinian official that tries to speak for all of palestine in a peace agreement will either be killed or ignored by the general populace, or at least, the extremist populace ;<
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 04:32 AM       
Nobody cares about that! What does his will say?