Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 03:33 PM        The next Batman movie "Joker" character
God I hope this isn't true.

CRISPIN GLOVER should get the role, nobody else.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 03:36 PM       
crispin HELLION glover
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 03:43 PM       
Or as his best friends (like me) call him: Crispy Hell.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 05:35 PM       
That just doesn't even make sense. I can picture certain actors being bad for the part, but that's just unbelievable :/

That was very funny. Well done.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 05:44 PM       
they should just coke up Gary Busey and give him face paint, that guys a fuckin psycho. or go with Mark Hammil since he already voices him.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 05:55 PM       
I have faith in the film's creators. They proved me wrong with Batman Begins, and I'll trust their judgement.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 07:51 PM       
I'll pass. Batman Begins was decent, nothing more. I doubt that a reinvented Batman Franchise can beat the first two films, especially not with Heath Ledger as the Joker.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 10:11 PM       
Huh? Batman begins was amazing. Best superhero movie ever and a kick ass movie even for non fans.

Mocker

James sucks
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 10:12 PM        Re: The next Batman movie "Joker" character
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
God I hope this isn't true.

CRISPIN GLOVER should get the role, nobody else.
Glover can go take a shit, freeze it, and then fuck himself with it until it smooshes all over his ass. Mark Hammill would be a kickass Joker. It sounds so stupid, but I honestly can't picture a better Joker, thanks to his awesome voicing of the character in the cartoon.

Anyway, Batman Begins proved me wrong when I though that Murphy guy couldn't play Scarecrow. Then again, that guy is a good actor. I've never felt Ledger was worth anyone's time. Plus, he looks too young.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 10:32 PM        Re: The next Batman movie "Joker" character
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
Huh? Batman begins was amazing. Best superhero movie ever and a kick ass movie even for non fans.
Agreed, I've watched that movie so many times and I just don't get tired of it. It really is the best Superhero movie to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Glover can go take a shit, freeze it, and then fuck himself with it until it smooshes all over his ass. Mark Hammill would be a kickass Joker. It sounds so stupid, but I honestly can't picture a better Joker, thanks to his awesome voicing of the character in the cartoon.
Yeah, let's choose a good voice actor, Mark Hammill, (who has sadly proven himself to be a bad real-life actor in movies) to play one of the biggest villain roles ever as opposed to a seasoned actor such as Crispin Glover, who in real life appears to be just as insane as the very Joker character he would be playing. Mark Hammill would just do the same old shit, which is fine for the cartoons, but not for these darker and far cooler Batman films. Crispin Glover would bring something entirely new to the Joker character and he would surely do it justice. And furthermore, Glover actually LOOKS the part. Hammill can stay off the screen where he belongs. He does great voice work, but that's clearly it...

Not a good person to play the Joker.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 01:48 AM       
I couldn't disagree more.

Really, I don't view The Joker as some dark, brooding evil hellspawn that Glover would play him as. I view him as a completely over-the-top overacting crazy person that I could view Hammill playing him as. Bad acting is what the Joker NEEDS. And I think he'd look the part just fine. Hell, if they can make Nicholson into the frigging Joker, there's no reason why Hammill couldn't look the part. Hell, that picture you linked to, I can picture the makeup on him, and I see a damn creepy Joker, especially with that twinkle in the eyes. Glover looks too effeminate for my tastes.

But I guess if you want a Joker who'd turn down Harley Quinn to watch reruns of Murphy Brown, then Glover's the guy to go to.

I suppose we can both agree on Ledger being a terrible choice though, right?
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 02:29 AM       

Totaly a good Joker.

This is kinda wierd, I was under the impression that I would and could never agree with James.
The Wolf
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 02:30 AM       
He did an awesome job voicing the joker, but he's way too fucking old and not a good enough actor to pull it off in live action. Crispin Glover could be a really good joker, but first he'd need to work on his voice a bit. He's an awesome actor but that kinda nasally mcfly voice wouldn't fit with the joker

But yeah, it's a very important role and I'll be pissed off if they fuck it up right off the bat by casting the wrong guy.

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 03:33 AM       
Not that I am in gaylove with Mark Hamil or anything, but Crispen Glover would be just the worst joker. When I picture the joker, pieced together from my father's comics and from the original cartoon, I have never once thought he would be good as a creepy little wiener. As much, shouldn't be played by one.

Mark Hamil would be fun, because he plays crazy very well, but I don't think it is very likely. Just not something I think the people that made batman begins would do. They seem to want a realistic feel, like these could be actual things happening outside a comic world, and outrageousness really isn't a part of that.

Plus Mark Hamil has wrinkly old man skin, and everyone knows that the joker has the best complexion at the supervillian spa.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 06:56 AM       
Quote:
But yeah, it's a very important role and I'll be pissed off if they fuck it up right off the bat by casting the wrong guy.
lol
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 12:28 PM       
A While back there was a bunch of tak going around that Robin Williams was gonna be the joker. hat would be cool but he doesn't have the chin for it.
The Wolf
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 02:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
Quote:
lol
Oh man

The Wolf
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 02:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
A While back there was a bunch of tak going around that Robin Williams was gonna be the joker. hat would be cool but he doesn't have the chin for it.
Yeah, that'd be cool just like jim carrey was perfect for the riddler.

Over the top comedic actors make for terrible supervillains. We've learned that lesson already.

Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 03:05 PM       
Robin Williams as the Joker would be more offensive to the series than when they gave Batman's suit armor-nipples.

Quote:
Hell, that picture you linked to, I can picture the makeup on him, and I see a damn creepy Joker, especially with that twinkle in the eyes. Glover looks too effeminate for my tastes.
Effeminate? That picture I linked to of Mark Hammil is about as effeminate as one can get. :P

Quote:
He did an awesome job voicing the joker, but he's way too fucking old and not a good enough actor to pull it off in live action. Crispin Glover could be a really good joker, but first he'd need to work on his voice a bit. He's an awesome actor but that kinda nasally mcfly voice wouldn't fit with the joker.
Yep, I just don't see Hammel in a real-life acting role for a character like the Joker at all. Crispin plays "crazy" very well, and in his films where he has a manic laugh I instantly think about just how perfect he'd be for the role. And yeah, I'm sure he'd do a different voice for the Joker, just as Bale did a different voice for Batman.

Whatever the case may be, I'm definitely not sold on Heath Ledger as the Joker.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 03:54 PM       
I wouldn't worry about mark hammil's age too much. I mean, in x3 they took 20 years off of patrick stewart.

hammil's got the voice, the laugh, and could easily have the look. I want a sadistic psycopath who is in it for a laugh, not jack skellington.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 04:09 PM       
Quote:
I couldn't disagree more.

Really, I don't view The Joker as some dark, brooding evil hellspawn that Glover would play him as. I view him as a completely over-the-top overacting crazy person that I could view Hammill playing him as. Bad acting is what the Joker NEEDS.
Jim Carrey? Denis Leary?

I'd be pissed though if it was Heath Ledger. He is too much of a pretty boy weiner to play the joker. I've alway envisioned the joker being played by someone older, more sinister looking with the evil grin as a bonus, like jack nicholson, whom I thought was THE joker. Ledger is none of that, not even close.

Nuff said....
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 04:29 PM       
Hahah just look at that. Crispin doesn't even NEED the make-up! He IS the Joker!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 04:39 PM       
I think Krispin would be a terrific choice, but, and just listen to me for a sec here...

Stephen Colbert. He's got the thin angular face for it, he's a good age, and while you can't see it on the Colbert Report, in Strangers with candy there are occasions where you see him do a very fine, very scary crazy.

Plus, he brings complete conviction to everything he does.

As far as the Hammil question... Voice acting is a very cool, very underated craft, but it aint the same thing as film acting. I refer you to his performance as the Trickster in the Flash live action show. Serviceable, but nothing to write home about.

I also think if you wanted to go older, you could do a lot worse than james Woods. If Ray Liotta would loose some weight he could do it too. Check him out in 'Something Wild'
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 04:52 PM       
Exactly, mock! Just gas him with some helium and he's all set to go.

Colbert, hmmm.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 08:46 PM       
Batman Begins was horrible. I like Gary Oldman. He could do it. He could be both the Joker and Gordon. There is no more versatile actor than Gary Oldman. Name one.