Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

anDROIDdoNUT is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 09:58 PM        Slot Machine
By Chris Lynch is a great hilarious book about a kid trying to fit in. I am to lazy to review this good book so here is a summary, not mine though

It's called Twenty-One Nights with the Knights. But for Elvin Bishop--fourteen, overweight, and a self-proclaimed nonathlete--this summer sports "retreat" is more like the twenty-one trials of hell.

As everyone around him, including his best friends, slips smoothly into athletic "slots," Elvin is pounded on the football field, slammed on the baseball diamond, and tortured on the wrestling mat--always coming out a complete failure. But appearances can be deceiving. Sometimes real strength comes from breaking the rules rather than playing the game. And sometimes finding acceptance is less about fitting in than about making your own way--with grit and humor.All incoming freshmen atFlagship Academy’s summer program are suppose to find an athletic ‘slot’ for themselves.But there is no slot for Elvin, a wise-cracking, overweight sports incompetent who bounces from one humiliating game to another. How he discovers his own place for himself—with grit and humor—makes for "a funny, poignant coming-of-age story...[A] wry, thoughtful book [that] speaks with wisdom and heart to the victim and outsider in us all."—BL.

source===
http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?isbn=0064471403

Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:10 PM       
Don't tell me nobody ever read it. Chris Lynch is a great author, I'm 13 and I know this for sure
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2005, 10:17 AM       
You're 13, dude. The only thing you know for sure is that people laugh when your voice cracks.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.

Old May 5th, 2005, 04:35 PM       
You are right

My voice was talking normal 1 second, horse another, and then I sounded like Michael Jackson . . . and then back to normal